“Excellent experience for my out-of-town wedding guests!”

Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center
Ranked #156 of 507 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Excellent experience for my out-of-town wedding guests!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My guests, family, and I had a wonderful time at the Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center on June 12-15! Numerous family members and friends stayed here, as it was the hotel where we booked a block of rooms for our wedding.

We all really loved it. The hotel lobby is lovely, elegant, and refreshing. Everyone was very pleased with their accommodations. Many of them mentioned what a fabulous space each room provided. All rooms came at a very reasonable rate.

From the moment we first saw the property (Feb. 2014) until the day of our wedding (June 14, 2014), we were treated with exceptional service. The employees were friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and professional. The rooms - many of which are suites - are spacious, fresh, very clean and airy.

My husband and I were also thrilled with the honeymoon suite! It was a lovely space with excellent views. When we returned to our room after our reception, we were greeted with a lovely pattern of rose petals throughout the suite. To top all of this off, there was a beautiful display of fruit and cheese, accompanied by Perrier water. The staff was wonderful and gave us exactly what we needed!! All of this was complimentary, of course.

The location is perfect for anyone visiting the Medical Center, Rice University, Rice Village, or West University. For anyone getting married: there is a beautiful ballroom on the 10th floor (or thereabouts) with exceptional views of Rice University and - in the distance - the rest of Houston. It is definitely worth checking out if you're getting married near the Medical Center or West University.

I would definitely stay here again and I will certainly recommend it to family & friends.

Room Tip: Mention that you'd like to have a Rice University view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Austin, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Located in the medical center, near Hermann Park and Rice University, this hotel is a great place to stay for a visit to Houston. Many museums and Rice Village with many excellent restaurants within walking distance. Rooms are often suites with a living room area in addition to a bedroom so perfect for families.

Upland, California
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. I was surprisingly upgraded to a suite which was very nice and spacious. The higher floor was quiet enough so I slept fine. I would say overall the hotel is a bit disappointing for a Hilton, but I had a fine stay so I can't really complain. It's just not one of the nicest looking Hiltons.

Stayed August 2013
Washington, DC
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Bad
1. The hotel doesn't look as if it has been renovated in years.
2. The valet guy told me there are no valet people working on Saturday and Sunday so self park was the best option.
3. Walking to my room in the hall, I saw bugs. I never even went into the room and requested to cancel my reservation.
There are no restaurants and shops around.

Good
1. Friendly staff.

Overall, I can't recommend this hotel to anyone. The Hilton should remove their brand name from this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't do it!
3 Thank eugenialyn

Travelers are raving about these Houston hotels

Ft. Myers, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Restful location on a quiet street in busy Houston. Close to Rice University and the famous MDA Anderson medical complex. Excellent, professional hotel staff who are attentive to the needs and expectations of guests. Shuttle service to local venues and for patients going to MDA.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The room was very spacious, nice and clean. Everyone we came in touch with was very courteous. They offered free WI-FI In The Room and the usage of the fitness center which was a plus. But the room could use some more free channels on the television. They really cared if you had away around their city. The courtesy driving service was very helpful. We would love to return to your lovely hotel in the future if we are ever in HOUSTON again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Midland, Txxas, USA
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The location of this hotel (Hilton/Medical Center) in Houston was 1.5 blocks away from Houston Methodist Hospital. My spouse and I were there for some serious analysis of her heart function. The suite was excellent and the beds were next to heaven in comfort. We chose this hotel in place of others because of the restaurant, which served a breakfast buffet or off the menu, lunch and dinner. The food was presented in a very appealing and attractive manner and was superb. I had the best salmon ever for dinner. The hotel staff are very helpful, polite and willing to go the extra mile.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Britt U, General Manager at Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for a wonderful review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are excited about the new menu and the response we have seen has been great. We hope to see you again on your next trip.