“Great”

Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center
Ranked #149 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The hotel was super and I would recommend to all. The staff was helpful and friendly. Willis the guy a the desk is great for the guest and knew who I was from my last stay. You have a lot of opportunity with a great workout site and good food if you choose to stay in.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center

Reviewed February 28, 2014

The hotel shuttle will take you to nearby destinations. Also the MetroRail is only a five minute walk away. The buffet breakfast was quite good, and the restaurant is open fairly late (until 10pm.) My room was clean and quiet.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Despite a reservation mix-up when I first arrived—my flight was delayed and I arrived at the hotel in the early morning hours the day after my scheduled check-in, resulting in missing or unclear paperwork—I was permitted to get a room relatively quickly and did not have to switch rooms during my stay. I appreciate this enormously, and I thank Wilber(?) at the front desk for his help.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I am a Diamond member so I know my Hilton Hotels, especially in Texas. This hotel has a great location but it is expensive for what you get. I stayed in the 2 bedroom suite. While it was clean and nice, it showed it's age very well. The shower looked to be from the 80's along with the wallpaper and decor. The walls were cracked and the paint was peeling everywhere. The room was spacious but it needs a severe update for the price they're asking.

Gold & Diamond members get free breakfast. The one offered at this hotel was a joke. I've had a better breakfast at a soup kitchen. For a big and pricey hotel I would expect the full layout and not just juice, eggs, bacon and bread. I work nights so the breakfast is my dinner and I had to go to bed disappointed.

As far as the staff goes they a miss. They didn't get my parking ticket right, I had to pay on most days. They didn't have my name on the breakfast list and it took a while to clear up. I work overnights so I need my room cleaned at night. I have never had a problem with this request until now. The room was cleaned once and that's it.

I like Hilton and will continue to stay at Hilton, but not at this property. I will either stay at the Courtyard down the street or at the Hilton across town for the next 3 months I do business in Houston.

Room Tip: Get the studio, it's the only one updated with things from this century.
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Hi priced with nothing to show for it. Twin bed in double room/not queens. No breakfast. $9.00 a day parking. Not even a hot cup of coffee to catch down stairs. For the price, I would been so much better off at a Hampton Inn or Comfort Suites.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Britt U, General Manager at Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to send your review. We value the input we receive. I’m so sorry that you weren’t satisfied with the price for breakfast. Did you know you can choose complimentary breakfast as a choice with your HHonors status?

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed here for a convention at the George R Brown Convention Center, unfortunately all the hotels were booked around the convention center, so we were referred here by another Hilton property. It was a quick easy trip to the convention center, the free in room Wi-Fi was also nice.

The only negative, I was not quoted a price when booking and was caught off guard by the room rate. I would have gladly paid this price for a room next to the convention center, but not here (I will take some of the blame for not confirming a price before booking).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Houston.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Outstanding and personal service from all the staff at the Hilton Plaza Medical Center. Our family received assistance to insure that our needs were fully met. First class service at a first class hotel by competent staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We are so happy that you had a great experience at the hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I will pass on your comments to the department heads and share them with the staff.