“Very nice staff”

Ranked #140 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Chicago, Illinois
“Very nice staff”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Hilton Houston Plaza Medical Center has many plusses. The main plus was the very nice, very accommodating staff. I especially want to mention Angelica, who was just terrific. She runs the bar beautifully, takes extra care, and goes the extra mile in helping out guests. The hotel is located very, very close to a Metro station, which provides you with easy access to may sites, including the museum district (if you are not staying in the area for medical purposes, you will likely want to board the train to go to various places, as there is little to do or see in the immediate area). It has a nice pool. My regular room (not suite) was big, clean, and comfy. As some reviews stated, you can sometimes hear noise outside your room, but the people next to me were very quiet. Finally, I paid extra to get breakfast included and was not disappointed! An excellent and plentiful breakfast buffet is offered--eggs, bacon, sausage, smoked salmon, potatoes, crepes, parfaits, fruit, pastries, juice, coffee, tea, and more.

If you fly into Bush International, take a shuttle bus in, as taxis from the airport into the city really add up (it's quite a hike). Or, arrange for car service, which, like New York city car service, is cheaper than a cab.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Britt U, General Manager at Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your stay. We are delighted you had a wonderful experience at the hotel and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Illinois
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed at the Hilton over the July 4th holiday. We had a one bedroom suite, an end room, nice and quiet. Very spacious and the additional half bath was very nice to have. A flat screen TV in each room. There was a fridge in the room, but surprised that there was no microwave. We opted for the breakfast package. There was everything from scrambled eggs and bacon, to cereal and fresh fruit. The people at the front desk were very pleasant and responsive. We were very pleased with our stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Britt U, General Manager at Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing you soon.
Pittsburg, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Full Hilton hotel with all the amenities near Rice. The hotel is near to many of the hospitals, too! This hotel has valet parking, if needed. There are many restaurant choices within a short driving distance from the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Britt U, General Manager at Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post comments on your stay. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip.
Atlanta
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for several weeks. It has been a wonderful experience and the staff is fantastic. They are always available to help me in any way. I am a patient at MD Anderson and need convenient, easy access to the hospital. The shuttle service is completely reliable and the drivers are very friendly and helpful. My room/suite is very spacious and clean! The beds are very comfortable. I have a beautiful view of downtown and Rice University - very pretty at Sunset. The staff has made it a very enjoyable stay since I am away from my home and my family. I highly recommend this hotel and I have stayed in a lot of very nice hotels throughout the country and the world.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind comments about the staff here at the hotel. We take great pride in servicing our customers and making them feel at home while they travel.
lake charles, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Roomy, get a suite for the price of a regular room. Love having two bathrooms to get ready. Convenient to medical center and museum district. They put out fruit at night, the apples were great. The museums were well worth seeing esp. the Museum of Fine Arts. Very clean room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your comments on your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed the extra space in one of our suites during your visit. The museum district is great and we are so glad it's so close!
Alrxander, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

aweful! terrible hotels stay at Laquinta.First hotel bed was obviously slept on when we arrived,suite had air conditioning that blew you offf the couch in the living area and no vent in the bedroom at all.fridge leaking on the floor carpet mildewed,coffee maker broken,very poor set up of bathroom dressing area,no exhaust fan or air condition vent in bathroom,all guests are billed 6 dollars each for the glacier water in room even though you don't touch it.the bar is in the front lobby wide open to the public,small elevators long lines for room.poor parking availablility.food aweful,beds worn with inditions in mattress.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your honesty. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel While I am not sure which comments reflect either hotel, I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Travelers are raving about these Houston hotels

Ft. Worth, TX
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My recent stay (June 19-21) at the Hilton Houston Plaza was a very good experience. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading several reviews about the rooms needing an update. I'm a very picky person, and with the exception of the wallpaper in the bathroom, the room was nicely updated, down to the granite counters in the bath. Nice carpet, nice bath (except for the wallpaper), very good mattress, and great TV. I will say, my room overlooked the pool area, which is still carpeted in something that looked like late 70's Astroturf, but that was not a part of my stay. I ordered room service one night, and was pleasantly surprised. Service and food both very good. I experienced no noise issues. The only complaint I had was with the shuttle.... I was there for a seminar at MD Anderson, and we finished about 6:15 on Thursday. One of our group called the hotel, and we were told we'd be part of the 6:30 pickup. We were only about a 5-10 minute ride from the hotel, but no shuttle by 6:50. After a long day, I was ready to be back to my room, so I just walked and still got back 10 minutes before those who waited for the shuttle. Very hot, humid walk in Houston! I was told the shuttle had several drop off's, which made it late, but it would have been nice to have been informed of that up front, and I would have walked back 30 minutes earlier. This aside, I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and we are constantly identifying areas we can improve.