“Very Pleasant Experience”

Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center
Ranked #150 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My recent stay (June 19-21) at the Hilton Houston Plaza was a very good experience. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading several reviews about the rooms needing an update. I'm a very picky person, and with the exception of the wallpaper in the bathroom, the room was nicely updated, down to the granite counters in the bath. Nice carpet, nice bath (except for the wallpaper), very good mattress, and great TV. I will say, my room overlooked the pool area, which is still carpeted in something that looked like late 70's Astroturf, but that was not a part of my stay. I ordered room service one night, and was pleasantly surprised. Service and food both very good. I experienced no noise issues. The only complaint I had was with the shuttle.... I was there for a seminar at MD Anderson, and we finished about 6:15 on Thursday. One of our group called the hotel, and we were told we'd be part of the 6:30 pickup. We were only about a 5-10 minute ride from the hotel, but no shuttle by 6:50. After a long day, I was ready to be back to my room, so I just walked and still got back 10 minutes before those who waited for the shuttle. Very hot, humid walk in Houston! I was told the shuttle had several drop off's, which made it late, but it would have been nice to have been informed of that up front, and I would have walked back 30 minutes earlier. This aside, I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Britt U, General Manager at Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and we are constantly identifying areas we can improve.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Hotel has a free shuttle that will take you anywhere within 2 miles of it. Staff was very helpful and ready to please. Was in town for a wedding with the reception being about a mile away, and there is also the Rice Village shopping area nearby that the shuttle will take you to.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for your comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Houston.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed in room with two double beds - would have liked to queen size beds. Staff treated you well and service was great. The shuttle van availability and the bell hop were extremely helpful to my stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Rooms were well kept, huge and very comfortable. The room was bigger and much nicer than the first apartment I lived in when first married. I enjoyed the comfort of the room. There was a full bathroom as well as a guest restroom near the front door, a wet bar, refrigerator, two televisions and even a robe to wear after showering. My company received a great price for all of us staying there. One room was used as a work room and everything went well.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Only Spent One Night. Walls Are Very Very Thin....Heard Room Service Being Delivered To Room Next Door And Clearly Heard Their Tv. Seemed Like Thinfs Didnt Fully Work Either.....Had To Go To Multiple Floors To Find A Vending Machine That Took Bills And The Express Checkout Button On The Phone Didnt Work. Not An Outstanding Experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 15, 2013

After reading so many negative reviews, we were hesitant to stay here, but our general experience was very good. Excellent customer service. We didn't eat here, but everything else including all our interractions with staff were very positive. By the way, we are hard to please...

Room Tip: Our room was 1220