Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center
$181
$161
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$88
$139
$105
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsrice universitymedical centermed centershuttle servicemedical facilitiesparking garagetwo room suiteroom servicehilton houstonrestaurant staffmetro railcomplimentary shuttlemuseum districtbreakfast buffetthe entire hotelbusiness tripeasy access
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The Hilton was our choice for a business stay, and we were extremely pleased with the choice. The hotel was about 1 block away from the conference location.
We arrived and were warmly greeted by staff in the parking area as well as the front desk. At 18th floor room had an awesome view of the Houston area, Rice University etc. out your window. The room was spacious, very modern, and the bed appeared brand new.
Large bath with shower head that made a 6 foot 3 inch person comfortable.
We didn't have time to check the restaurant, bar, or workout facilities, but I would stay here again any time.
If you need to stay in the area of all the Houston hospitals, this is certainly an excellent option.

Room Tip: If you are Hilton Honors member make sure they register you for the free continental breakfast. We are members and some how didn't get it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tommyfoutball
Reviewed November 14, 2012

They oversold. I arrived in the middle of the night, dead tired and waited 20 minutes before being transferred to another hotel 30 mins away. No offer of anything to make up for it. Do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Me and my family were up there for a friend in The Memorial Hermann Hospital. We stayed there for about a week. I personally liked the service but I thought the food was expensive. Also it was not very good.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Britt U, General Manager at Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you so much for your review, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry you did not enjoy your food, and we always look to reviews for insight on improvements to our hotel. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I've stayed here twice now, and the service is excellent. The last trip I left a sweater in my room and when I called to inquire, the staff found it and mailed it to me at no cost. On both visits my room has been very nice-- comfortable bed, and good view of the city. It's very convenient when flying into town to meet with researchers at the nearby universities and I will definitely stay here again. Had dinner and a beer in the bar after flying in late one night and it was good food and pleasant atmosphere. Had the breakfast buffet ($15) with my business colleagues and was quiet and just right for our morning discussions.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jackie W
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Since UT System is a client I visit the medical district often and I really like the location and layout of the rooms. Big suites and the ones that have been refurbished are even better. It's like a home away from home. While I never need the 1/2 bath at the entryway it's nice to have if there are meetings in the living room.

I've only eaten once for breakfast in the hotel and it wasn't good at all so I've avoided it for all future trips. I'm not sure it's fair to judge a restaurant on one experience but I've stayed away since then.

I typically will walk to Main Street or Fannin and grab dinner or coffee.

I (and co-workers) continue to visit and plan to as long as rooms are available.

Room Tip: Always ask for a "complimentary upgrade". You never know what you're going to get. I'm on the 19th floor this time and the room is refurbished and nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business