“Excellent Stay!!!”

Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center
Ranked #141 of 510 Hotels in Houston
“Excellent Stay!!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I am really surprised to read some of the negative reviews. My family and I stayed at Hilton medical on Travis and had a wonderful stay. (and we are extremely picky about where we stay) The reason I chose Hilton medical was because it was close to Rice University, which is why we were in town. The kids had soccer camp there. From the minute we arrived to the minute we checked out, everything was perfect! Front desk was very friendly and helpful, valet was very friendly and helpful, and housekeeping was excellent! Entire staff was friendly and helpful. I do have to agree with the person who mentioned about the valet not available after certain hour. The few nights that we came in late, we just gave our keys to front desk and they took care of parking our car. We never had any issue with that. Also the gym room was really nice, with great equipment. Another amenity I found useful was the guest washer and dryer. Since we were there for 7 days, I had quite a bit of laundry to do. Overall, great stay and wonderful experience! I wish the other reviews would have had the same experience that we had.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Good hotel close to the medical center. There aren't many restaurants close by, but they do have a shuttle. The rooms are quite comfortable, and the staff are very friendly. It is pretty sedate, but I didn't mind.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
North Carolina
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is a nice property. It is well dexcribed in other reviews so I won't repeat what has already been written. I thought the front desk and restaurant service was excellent. The food was also very good. The only two negatives were the lack of an executive lounge and the fact that the parking attendant kept disappearing. The desk folks were helpful in find ing the parking guy but it was odd that he was repeatedly MIA. Otherwise a good stay.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I have read other reviews on this page and am surprised. I was very happy with my stay. The suite was enormous with a separate powder room for visitors and very comfortable. It was very spacious and had all the amenities that I required, including a good coffeemaker as well as plenty of storage space, good light and lots of mirrors.Two tv's, free unlimited wifi, a very comfortable bed and a very quiet room. If I had to choose one negative it is that the air conditioning can be noisy when it cuts in.
The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful, there are free shuttles around the area and the gym is one of the best equipped that I have come across. The restaurant offers plenty of healthy choices and service was very good as well as room service meals which were delivered quickly. We had people checking if all was right with our room more than once during our week long stay. The hotel is located conveniently in the medical district and is also close to many art galleries and museums. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We have been a regular guests at this hotel for the past 6 years (15 stays). We have observed a steady decline in the quality. While it is wonderful to have a suite with two room and two bathrooms, age is catching up. The wallpaper is pealing and the HVAC system blows directly on the bed and on the couch in the living room. We most recently stayed at the hotel in the middle of May for two nights. My wife received numerous bug bites on her legs. This also happened when we stayed at the hotel last December. You don't have to worry about slipping on the bathroom floor, because your feet will stick to the floor!.

When we got home and realized how bad the bug bites were, my wife called the hotel and asked to speak to the hotel manager. He was busy and apparently never had the time or interest to call her back.

I have been a Hilton Gold member for many years. This Hilton does not meet the Hilton standard. We have stayed there because of its proximity to the medical center and Rice Village.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Britt U, General Manager at Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We have resolved your concerns regarding the cleanliness for the bathroom floor, in addition to dealing with our engineering team to correct the a/c unit and the wallpaper. We want you to know that we work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. If you would like, please contact me directly at 713-313-4000 so we can address your situation personally.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 12, 2012

The room was fantastic but the common areas and the restaurant were below average. It would take almost an hour to get food at the restaurant and it was not even half full.

Room Tip: The suites are very nice!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed May 4, 2012

It may not be the best Hilton, but excellent location for business travel to the medical center and/or Rice University. Free shuttle to anywhere within 2 miles.

Shuttle driver said to get a "deal" for me when I needed a taxi to airport, but in fact the taxi charge was higher than that should be metered.

Free breakfast for Gold/Diamond is American buffet in a separate area Mon-Fri, but only served plate of yogurt and fruit on Sat and Sun.

My room and the neighboring room were separated by a door; I can hear most of the conversation from next door.

In the end, it's a nice hotel for a business trip.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business