“Excellent staff and stay”

Houston Marriott Medical Center/Museum District
Ranked #15 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel has amazingly friendly staff who are more than willing to make you feel so welcomed and comfortable. For the price, the room is very nice and the beds comfortable. Be sure to request foam pillows through the concierge service - the regular pillows are too flat. I'd recommend this hotel for its location, amazing staff, and proximity to downtown Houston and the Houston Medical Center. Paladora's restaurant/bar is okay but a bit pricey.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Houston Marriott Medical Center/Museum District

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is our second time staying at this hotel. My father was having surgery at the Methodist Hospital, which was connected to our hotel. Upon check-in, everyone was pleasant from valet parking, to walking in the door & being greated with water, to checking in to our room. We were suprised how big the rooms were, we had a room with 2 queen sized beds! I was totally surprised by the gym that was in the hotel. It had 4 treadmills, 3 ellipticals and 2 stationary bikes that all had their own tv's attached to the machine. There were 10 different weight machines, as well as free weights to use! There was water, fresh fruit, newspapers, earphones, and the best part was nice cold towels to use after your workout! Right off of the gym is the pool area! It's a decently sized pool which is indoors, but there is a patio that you can walk out onto if you'd like to catch some rays! All in all, it was a great experience & will definitely stay there again and again! Also, the zoo is a 10 minute walk from to hotel- if you are looking for activities to do!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

When I provided the feedback below to Marriott, the operations manager called me and discussed the issue. He personally committed to correcting their processes in the future. He also made adjustments to my charges. The response from the hotel management was excellent and they appear to be committed to correcting the problem but it did occur..
On the first night (about 5 pm), I checked into the hotel and checked our room. I then went across the street to the hospital where my son was a patient. Later that evening (about 9) my wife went to the hotel room to rest. Someone else was in our room! My wife contacted the front desk and was assigned a different room.
We were told this was due to us not leaving any belongings in the room (we were traveling lightly and keeping most of our belongings in my son’s hospital room across the street). The housekeeping staff reported the room empty and it was assigned to someone else.
The next morning I reserved the room for another night. I told the front desk we would be at the hospital most of the day and the room would appear to be empty but we did need it in the evening. That evening (after 10 p.m.), I was asleep in the room when another guest used a key to enter the room. He promptly left and went to the front desk to get another room.
Again the management responded extremely well and appears to be committed to preventing future occurrences like this.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel has the most amazing staff. From the valet/shuttle service people to the front desk people...all was outstanding. The restaurants were good with tasty food that is reasonably priced, as well as convenient. Rooms were clean with comfortable beds and bedding. I have only good things to say about this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This centrally located Marriott is walking distance from Baylor College of Medicine, UT Medical Center and MD Anderson cancer center and the "Museum District". It does not have the remote, impersonal feel of many airport Marriotts - the staff are welcoming and friendly from the moment you step out of the car. The rooms are nicely configured with a very comfortable bed. No minibar in the room, but the hotel bar on the 2nd floor is nice, with sofa seating near the bar. Fitness center on the 4th floor is small, but has several treadmills, ellipticals and weights. Small swimming pool and jacuzzi is in the next room.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

If you are visiting the Texas Medical Center, this hotel can't be beat for its convenience. The room was nice and the hotel was in decent shape. Good hotel for business travel. The cell service in my room was a bit spotty, but the wireless internet was fast.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I travel for business 25-35% of the time and I stay in a lot of hotels. It is important to travelers to come to a hotel with friendly service and a smile. That is EXACTLY what this hotel displays! It is hot outside, I had a long trip and a long meeting...I was greeted with a smile and felt like they went the extra mile for me even though I have never stayed here before.

I was very impressed and I am coming back into town next month, guess where I am going to stay....right here.

What a difference customer service and a smile makes.

This is one of the best Marriott crews I have met, and I stay at a lot of Marriotts! Especially Melissa at the front desk...she is service with a smile and totally has the gift of hospitality! Thanks for making a bad day into a good one!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Houston hotels
Medical Center
Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites
Downtown
The Whitehall Houston
The Whitehall Houston
#5 of 517 in Houston
Downtown
JW Marriott Houston Downtown

Been to Houston Marriott Medical Center/Museum District? Share your experiences!