“No problems; great location for TMC, Rice”

Houston Marriott Medical Center/Museum District
Ranked #13 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is a pretty standard Marriott property, no better, no worse. It is connected directy to the Texas Medical Center/Methodist via a skybridge. The fitness center is bright, pretty modern, with an adjacent indoor pool. You are right in the Medical Complex, with the Rice Campus a block down. TV, internet worked fine, typical Marriott rates. Most of the negative reviews seem to be from people under stress dealing with medical issues; my experience was fine, and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank roadwarrierMD

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I've stayed at a lot of Marriott Hotels from coast to coast in the U.S.and this one is one of the best.Not just for the rooms,because I hav'nt had a room I did'nt like in all the Marriotts I've stayed,(The beds are very comfortable)but for the exceptional service provided by the staff at the front desk,and the conceirge. The conceirge floor was over the top!(No pun intended)Evelyn and Jose were amazing to say the least,They do an exceptional job at making their guests comfortable and meeting all thier needs and more,The food was excellent ,and Jose and Evelyn were like family.I will miss them,and I hope to see them again next year.Also,the breakfast in the conceirge is very good.The staff is very friendly,and the omlete guys are fantastic.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I've stayed here several times, and the problems I note here are consistent. The heat/ac in the rooms is not auto adjustable, so it is difficult to make comfortable.

The hotel is very noisy. There is audible, almost industrial, hum in all of the rooms I have stayed in.

Internet and cable tv works poorly, weak, flakey signals.

Bedding not comfortable and furnishings seem old- rooms are generally unattractive.

There have been elevator repair issues several times, sometimes it can take a while to get out of hotel.

I frequent Marriott's all over the world. This one needs some attention, or perhaps it should rebrand.

Staff is pretty good though, i've always been treated well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JrMushroom
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is an update on an earlier review that I did on this hotel in April 2012. Everything about that review is still accurate, but I wanted to add that this time I used the free shuttle to go to MD Anderson. It was very convenient and the wait was short, even though this was in the morning when they were busy and I had to wait for a 2nd shuttle since the first was full already. Also, in the afternoon, it was a short and easy 10 minute walk back from MD Anderson to the hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I had breakfast and charged to my room, but when I checked out 10 minutes later, the charge was not on my bill. Rather than delaying my departure to get the charge added, they simply waived the cost of the meal, a nice and thoughtful gesture and much appreciated.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Nice place to stay with courteous staff and extra perks. The evening concierge staff (Evelyn and Jose) are great. They make you feel very welcome and look forward to coming back. They are always willing to help. The breakfast staff in the concierge lounge are also very courteous. The omelete is made to your specifications. I am there every 2-3 weeks for work.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here for a conference and had a pleasant stay. Room was clean, small bathroom but clean so not a deal breaker just surprising. Gym was nice, had a good selection of weights and cardio equipment. Great location. i was in a hurry and left my flat iron in my room when I had to leave for the day. I was coming back to the hotel because I had them keep my bags. I called the hotel and they directed me to lost and found, they went to look for my flat iron and called me back saying they in fact found it and would be at the front desk when I come back to get my bags. Eased my mind and very helpful, thank you.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was here for only one night so not too much to tell. The room itself was typical Marriott. Nice, clean and rather large actually. I will give the following observations

Parking seemed difficult. Its basically valet and it bottlenecks to one or two lanes. If you are trying to get in and out quickly or often, think twice. It took me 10 minutes to get my car from valet. Nothing against the valets who were fast and profesional but I think there hands are tied.

The restaurants were large and had above average food. I was not there long enough to use the gym so unfortunately I can review that.

I would definately stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Houston hotels
Medical Center
Downtown
Hyatt Regency Houston
Hyatt Regency Houston
#32 of 517 in Houston

Been to Houston Marriott Medical Center/Museum District? Share your experiences!