“Excellent”

DoubleTree by Hilton Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #37 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had a marvelous stay in Houston (Hobby airport) at the Double Tree Hotel. Wonderful interiors, very good service and some excellent dining too, must recommend the hotel's Restaurant for the breakfast. Very reasonably priced too for a luxury hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Houston Hobby Airport

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel was in the stages of renovations, but even so, it was nicely maintained and clean smelling. It was a little difficult getting to the pool, but was manageable. The people were very professional and helpful. Would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Very poor, I had not stayed in the Doubletree for many years. I hope Hobby Doubletree is not the standard Doubltree as a whole has devolved too. The lobby was a mess. My room was cleaned late and on the last day the service did not show up until after 4pm and I asked her to come back. They never did. I will not recommend this hotel, even if they are close to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Helen B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for your review guest feedback is very important to us.

We apologize for the mess in the lobby, renovations are never easy and we have tried to minimize the effect it has on our guests.

The great news is our lobby is complete and looks fantastic, we hope you provide us with another opportunity to be of service to you.

Thank you again.

Helen Bonsall

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed here one night when our American flight to Dallas was cancelled. The hotel is being updated, but really didn't cause any problems since I am in the construction industry and see this every day. The work done to the lobby and restaurant really does update the hotel with a much richer feel.
The staff was very helpful, the buffet breakfast was excellent (not free, but free for us since American paid the tab), and the shuttle was prompt.
The breakfast buffet had 2 types of scrambled eggs ( one plain, one with peppers & onions), bacon, sausage, cereals, fruits, sweets, coffee, and juices. All for about $12.
We stayed in an updated room with a flat panel TV, Showtime with 30 other channels, soft king bed, and spacious bathroom. The pillow was a little soft, but other than that, all was good.
The desk attendant even provided me with shaving cream and a razor since I did not have my luggage.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Scuba-Duner
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This property is being renovated but not sure that will help. We waited a terribly long time for a shuttle in comparison to how close the hotel is to the airport? Construction starts at 7 am and is noisy. The rooms that are not renovated are large but very dated. WiFi is strong but, two days and the TV never really worked. Satellite was always spotty and picture/sound kept skipping. Food in restaurant was not great. The bar renovation is pretty and the staff was nice, just not great tasting options.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Helen B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have mixed feeling writing this review.

They did upgrade me to a larger suite, but the room was dated (note the place is under renovation).

I found the staff friendly and my room was clean and the bed was comfortable. For dinner I had the driver take me to Don Carlos, which was excellent and then pick me up.

In the morning I took the shuttle to the airport, which runs every 15 minutes.

Overall once they complete the renovations, this will be a really nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Nice hotel. Very nice workout room. Weekend bartender, Lane was very attentive. The bartender during the week is horrible. Walked in and sat down, waited for 20 minutes to get service, then I just waled out.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business