“Excellent font desk”

DoubleTree by Hilton Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #28 of 506 Hotels in Houston
“Excellent font desk”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our Disney cruise was delayed from entering the Galveston port on 12 January 2013 due to fog. We finally disembarked approximately 8 hours later and we missed our flight. We had over 40 hours of hours of standby. AirTran was very nice, and the next day after both morning flights were overbooked, we were given a "distress " rate at Doubletree [this was a recently changed from Hilton to Doubletree]. Like most of the hotels nearby there was a try, there was a free shuttle. We paid an additional $20 to upgrade to in one of the one bedroom suites. This was a special courtesy and greatly appreciated as he had two small kids and needed the extra space to crash. The manager on call was also very nice and had the shuttle driver to take me to the nearest Walgreens for some medical supplies that were not available at the hotel. The driver even waited for me and took me back to the hotel- after I had finished my shopping approximately 5 minutes later. The room itself could be could've been designed better ( no true privacy from the kids), but Doubletree is in the process of refurbishing and for the value ( without the discounted rate), it was an excellent value . My spouse and kids slept soundly but what impressed us was the staff. Kudus to the front desk in the 12th of January, as well as the driver then.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Clarence, New York
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The DoubleTree by Hilton Houston Hobby Airport is very spacious, and very conveniently located. After a long drive, it was nice to get a comfortable room to relax in prior to catching a flight. The restaurant on the premises also made it a complete package; we didn"t have to go far to get a great meal. All-in-all, a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The top floor is quiet...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Loved this hotel! I was aprehensive about staying in "just a hotel room" for a 6 week business trip, but was pleasantly surprized at the size of the room. While I was there, it was converted from a Hilton to a Double Tree and they were doing a lot of upgrades so I can only imagine how beautiful it will be when finished. They had a decent workout room and business center. The front lounge area was very comfortable and a nice place to lounge when tired of the room. The restaurant was great-you got a free buffet breakfast every morning. The chicken tortilla soup on Tuesdays was fantastic! I loved the little bar area-spent a lot of time there with Lane! It is a great location if you need to be near the Hobby airport. The neighborhood is a little sketchy, so I wouldn't recommend walking around. They also had a very nice pool.

Room Tip: The hotel is split up in 2 areas-the main hotel and the cabana area. I don't know if the rooms a...
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Two night business stay. This hotel has been converted to a Doubltree from long time Hilton location. The hotel has a display in the lobby of new carpet, drapes etc that are to be used in reno. I did not see any reno going on. Hotel is across street from Hobby airport many rooms look directly on to runway but noise is not noticable. Shuttle service is amazingly efficient thanks to Franklin. At midnight shuttle showed up with in 3 minutes of call -- waiting at designated area. Breakfast buffet is excellent, parking is easy and free. Charge for internet. Staff is friendly and effecicient. Rooms are a little dated but very clean. There are a couple of interesting looking local restaurants across from the hotel parking lot which I did not get a chance to sample, deli, Texas BBQ and an interesting cocktail/rest. Taco Bell adjacent to the property other wise you need a car. Would stay here again

Wichita, KS
Reviewed November 20, 2012

But it's still a tired old Hilton property. Once the construction is complete, it might be okay - but not much more than that. I would not recommend it as a stay for business travelers as the time I was there it was filled with LOTS of kids. I love kids (have a few myself), but when traveling on business I like my hotel to be quiet. There's no concierge lounge or executive floor with restricted access. The only saving grace is that's it's close to Hobby airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Helen B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear C21A3,

Thank you for writing such an encouraging review of or property.

You were observant in realizing that we are undergoing renovation, we are not trying to renovate we are actually in the process and the process will take several months.

We do apologize if the children were a burden to you. From time to time on weekends we have large groups that stay with us and many times these groups consist of children. We appreciate the weekend business as most of our corporate travelers do not stay with us on the weekend.

Once our renovations are complete we will offer an Executive Lounge which will be available to our frequent travelers and be a nice respite that will be quiet and peaceful.

Thank you again for your review, we appreciate your comments.

Helen Bonsall, General Manager
atlanta ga
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Reading other reviews I wonder if I was in the same hotel. I found this hotel to be nice, with an extremely nice front desk staff. Yes my room was slightly dated, but it was nice enough. Bed was extremely comfy, good a/c, nice large flat screen tv's. The upgrade suite made it even nicer. Location to the airport can't be beat especially if you have an early flight like I did.
The hotel is under renovation and being converted to a Doubletree. So a bit of construction going on. But I enjoyed my stay.
And there are PLENTY of restaurants in the area, as well as one attached to the hotel.
I will definitely be back if the rate is competitive and I have another early flight out of Hobby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I didnt realize it was THIS place until the cab drove into the driveway. I did NOT have a good experience here last time (when they shut the water off in the entire hotel in the morning) and I did not have a good experience here this time either. Mostly because my room was OLD. Like ancient. it smelled bad. The carpet actually felt damp (on the 8th floor) and so I wore my shoes around the whole time I was there. Having to put your work heels on the moment you roll out of bed? not ideal.

The lobby is under construction. the people in the restaurant are nice. Other than the staff being friendly, this hotel doesnt have much going for it. it's close to the airport, but not in a good area of town and there are no restaurants nearby.

I will not be making the same mistake again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DiBattista10, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay in our area and we apologize for the problems you encountered. We have fixed the wet carpet issues and have addressed the other issues with our housekeepers. We assure you that if you give us another opportunity, you won't be disappointed in the future.

Regards,