“Best Crowne Plaza stay....”

Ranked #75 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Being a loyal IHG brands customer I have stayed at many Crowne Plaza's over the years and this particular CP stands toward the top of favorites .
The staff are absolutely great,always friendly and helpful.
All of the perks are fabulous as well ie:wifi,breakfast etc...
The location is also a big plus imo...

Room Tip: ask for club floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Hello CarolinaCoopers,
Thank you for your review! I am glad to hearthat you enjoyed your recent stay with us! It's great to hear that you are an IHG rewards member and that you take advantages of all the perks associated with it! We appreciate your comments and your loyalty! We look forward to your return!
Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stay at this property every 2 months. Seriously, it's like coming home, they even know me by name! I have utilized the shuttle service, dining, lounge and spa - all are great. Try the hand made pizza in the lounge - I recommend pineapple and bacon!
If you are traveling to Houston I'd recommend this property in a heartbeat.
Thank you Crowne Team, espically Mandy, you have won my allegiance and deserve a crown of your own!

Room Tip: I like upper rooms, away from the elevator!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Hello Pam D,
Thank you so much for such a fabulous review!!!! I am thrilled to here that CPRO is your home away from home! I job is to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. I will pass on your comments to Mandy and the rest of the staff. We really appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

These guys at this Crowne Plaza..... Such a lovely group of people! Super friendly and really trying hard to make their guests feel at home! From the moment we arrived, to the time we checked out, everything was enjoyable. Lovely pool area and the friendliest RoomService staff. I've travelled the world and stayed in hundreds of hotels, and rarely have I experienced such a lovely and courteous customer service. You excel! Thank you, River Oaks!

• Stayed: April 2014

Hello Chorini,
Wow!! Thank you so much for sharing such amazing comments on our hotel and staff!! I am thrilled to hear that we exceeded all of your expectations! We have a great staff and I know they will appreciate you recognizing their dedication to service. We can't wait to take care of you again!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

It's an OK hotel, the bed is comfortable and the room is not awful. OTOH it's a dumpy, uninspiring hotel. Feels like 20 years since a renovation. Some things can't get fixed, like the narrow windows and dark rooms. Everything's musty. The ceiling in the bathroom is low. Other things the hotel just doesn't much seem to care, like the ice machine being broken or 2 of the 4 elevators not running or the single ply toilet paper in the bathroom or the room doors that slam shut all hours of day or night. The swimming pool, lobby, and hotel restaurant are sad and dingy. The staff is friendly and the location is convenient (even if it's optimistic to call it "River Oaks") but it's really just not a very happy place to be. I aborted my stay early to move to a different hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Nelson_Mi

Hello Nelson_Mi,
We appreciate you sharing your candid comments with us on your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that you did not leave completely satisfied. It saddens me to read that you we did not meet your expectations. I know that one of our hotel representative has contacted you to discuss your situation. We hope to hear back from you and I hope that we get another chance to take care of you.
Best Regards,
Crowne Plaza River Oaks

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The chef was great...all the food was wonderful. The entire team in all departments were helpful. We look forward to our next visit to Houston and plan to stay at the same hotel. Zara and the morning crew made breakfast truly enjoyable.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 15th floor and the view of Houston at night was nice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bill P
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Hello Bill P,
Thank you for your review! It's nice to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and staff. I will pass on your comments to Zara and the rest of the staff. We look forward to taking care of you the next time your travels brings you to Houston.
Take Care,

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We checked into this hotel later this past Friday night. I got a deal through Hotwire but they accommodated my wife and I who were traveling with our infant son and switched us to a King room over the phone before we arrived. We wanted to stay near the Galleria because of the proximity to the museum district/zoo and shopping off Kirby. I have driven past this hotel many times but never noticed it. When we arrived the garage was packed but we found a place to park. Make sure you are aware that this hotel is in the city and there are people that might just be hanging out in the garage - stay aware and stay safe. This doesn't detract from the hotel but it is something that should be noted.

Check-in was smooth and there was plenty of staff near the front door keeping the area secure. We checked in to our room on the 16th floor and we had a lovely view of the Williams Tower, the Galleria, etc. Also, the linens and decorations were all first class. The bed was a little hard but comfortable, there was also a pullout sofa with a nice coffee table to eat on. There was also a microwave and a fridge. The bathroom was super nice and the toiletries (including salt rubs) were available to use. This is something that I don't regularly see in 3.5* hotels!

Needless to say, everything was nice, quiet and comfortable.

The only problem... around 2:30 AM, someone was banging on the door next to ours and shouting. A security guard was promptly on the scene but the noise woke us up (and our baby). The man obviously had too much too drink and was demanding to enter the room. The security guard was not letting down and forced him to go downstairs to verify his ID matched up with the room (he refused to show his ID upstairs) or they could call the police. The man shouted more obscenities at the guard and they left for the night. We went back to sleep but I notified the front desk the following day and we were offered a free future weekend stay, with breakfast and parking included. Brenda was beyond helpful and I believe Grady signed off on the future stay, so despite feeling a little uneasy from the confrontation outside our room the Crowne Plaza went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of for this incident.

Anyways, I have stayed in many hotels and despite this occurrence we are looking forward to staying here again in the future. It is a truly nice hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: A higher floor will avoid the noise form 59.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Russcular

Hello Russcular,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your candid comments on our hotel and staff. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our hotel & staff. I sincerely apologize for the disturbance that you experienced from a noisy neighbor. I am so glad that Grady and Brenda took such great care of you. We really appreciate you making us aware of the situation so we had a chance to make things right. We look forward to taking care of you the next time your travels brings you to Houston.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stay at this Crowne Plaza several times each month for business. The service is outstanding in all areas. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff makes it a point to take care of all of you needs. I recommend this hotel mostly due to the service but also because of it's great location.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Kent A
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Hello Kent A,
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation!! It's nice to hear that you love our hotel, location and staff! We have an amazing staff so thank you for recognizing their dedication to service. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return!