“Great Hotel and Great Service”

Ranked #72 of 515 Hotels in Houston
Calimesa, California
“Great Hotel and Great Service”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I recently stay in the hotel for a Kaplan Course and loved the service. After 6 weeks of staying in the hotel, I never got tired of the food and most importantly the staff was so nice and did a great job at satisfying everyones needs. One person I recommend seeing if you ever have any questions is Mandy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Hello Cbrana,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your recent long term stay! We really enjoyed taking care of you and the rest of the students for almost 2 months. I am thrilled to hear that you really enjoyed our hotel, staff & services. I will pass your gracious comments to the Chef and Mandy for their hard work. It was our pleasure to assit you and we look forward to your return!
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I stay here frequently for business and I'm always rewarded with a welcoming and professional staff. My stay is always trouble free and the location and van availability allow me to enjoy the surrounding neighborhoods. Close to Rice, Medical Center, and Galleria. Perfect central location.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank pacorama
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Hello pcorama,
It's nice to hear that you always enjoy your stay when you visit! We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments on our hotel and staff! We look forward to your return!
Best Regards,
McConnellsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The staff at this facility was truly outstanding and I travel frequently for my job, so I do not offer such glowing reviews lightly. What really impressed me the most was the staff's recognition of the priority club members. I have been at many such functions at other Priority Club Hotels, but never have I been at one where the staff was so integrated into the event. I met no less than 7-Employees at this function and several from their corporate office. Each took time and mingled with all the guests and were genuinely interested in what each member had to say and they were also quick to act on a problem I had that morning.

I found it interesting that more than half of those Priority Club Guests at this event were frequent guests of this particular facility and it was their positive feedback that most influenced where I'll stay in the future.

We have since made this particular Crowne plaza one of our corporate locations to lodge our students and employees coming into Houston for training events, and I have no doubt our students will receive the same first class treatment while staying there. I'm so impressed with the staff that on my subsequent trips to Houston it will be more like going home and spending time with family members as opposed to staying in another hotel amongst total strangers.

My compliments to their H.R. staff for such such thoughtful selection of their employees. I'm looking forward to my next trip....

My Best Personal Regards to The Crowne Plaza Staff,
James H. Smith JLG Industries, Inc.

Room Tip: The room was rated lower due to lack of hot water, which was fixed once brought to staff's atten...
1 Thank James S
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hello Mr. Smith,
Wow!! Reviews don't get much better than yours!! Thank you!! I was blown away by reading how much our staff exceeded your expectations! It is so nice to hear how much you enjoyed the reception and getting to know some of our staff. Creating relationships with our guests is extremely important to us. We want our guests to feel that CPRO is their home away from home. I will pass on your gracious comments to our staff! We look forward to your return!
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stay at the Crown Plaza at River Oaks in Houston for project engineering work with KBR in downtown Houston

The service is really outstanding and the attitude of the staff is really pleasant

They have a full menu restaurant at the hotel, and a bar if you are interested.
They have an excercise room, and there are several other nice
restaurants in walking distance of the hotel

What's especially nice is they have a complimentary reception
every Wednesday from 5:00 to 6:30. This has Hors D'oeuvres
and select mixed drinks, wine and beers, ALL FOR FREE!

1 Thank Craig M
Hello Craig M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story! I am glad to hear that you love our hotel, staff and services! We are lucky to be in such a great location that is surrounded by tons of restaurants. The reception we have on Wednesday is for all of our IHG reward members. I am happy to hear that you enjoy it and we appreciate your loyalty. I hope that you take advantage of all of the services that we offer. We look forward to your return!
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed here for 6 weeks while attending a conference. The hotel was great place to stay. Its located in a good area and provide the shuttle bus to get around. The manager Mandy was extremely helpful with everything and took good care of all of us. Naveen at front desk was extremely helpful too. Overall, my experience was more than satisfying and this is going to be my preferred hotel next time I am in Houston.

Room Tip: All rooms are non-smoking and so equally good!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tanuj V
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hello Tanuj V,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your hotel experience with us! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we are hotel choice in Houston! Mandy and Naveen do a great job and I know they will appreciate you taking the time to recognize them. I will pass on your gracious comments to them.
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel is as a very convenient location near every major highway very convenient to Hobby Airport and the Medical Center. The hotel has a wonderful staff and comfortable rooms. This hotel also offers a discount to MD Anderson patients and a free shuttle.

Thank you!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mastcfw
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Hello msct,
Thank you for sharing such nice comments on our hotel and services. We know that traveling for medical reasons can be difficult so I am glad that we are able to offer a discounted rate and a complimentary shuttle. We want to do everything we can to make your traveling as easy as possible. Please let us know if we can be of assistance.
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I have been staying here for business during the past year. The location is very convenient to the downtown offices as well as River Oaks and Greenway Plaza. The staff has been very helpful. The concierge and housekeeping are always prompt and helpful. Jerry Lauersdorf and Mandy Bates have each been exceptionally helpful. The restaurant is much better than can be expected from the typical and the breakfast buffet is excellent. The rooms have a small fridge and microwave, which is a plus. One of my benchmarks for hotels is the HVAC system. If it is noisy and starts and stops, sounding like a 747, it disturbs my sleep and, so, I won't go back. The HVAC here is very quiet and the fan can be set to continuous on, so, I can sleep undisturbed. Overall, an excellent choice.

Room Tip: Lower odd numbered rooms (eg., 301, 303, 305, 1101, 1105, etc.) tend to get some road noise.
1 Thank Bill S
Hello Bill S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on our hotel. It's nice to hear that you stay with us when your travels brings you to Houston! We really appreciate your loyalty. I am thrilled to hear that you love our location, hotel & staff!! Our goal is to make sure our guests are comfortable and satisfied. I will pass on your gracious comments to Mandy & Jerry. I know they will appreciate hearing that they help make your stay a great one. We look forward to your return!