“Amazing!!”

Ranked #79 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I was here for a medical convention for 6 weeks and River Oaks really made us feel at home while we were here. They were very accommodating and took us wherever we needed to go. Mandy the receptionist is awesome she really knows her stuff about the Houston area. She made a point to learn everyone's name and made sure everyone had a great stay while here in Houston! Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: February 2014
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Hello mandeebee90,
Thank you so much for writing such a nice review on our hotel and staff! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that Mandy was able to take great care of you. She loves hearing that she helped make our guests stay a great one! I will pass on your gracious comments to her. We hope that we get a chance to take care of you again.
Crowne Plaza River Oaks

Write a ReviewReviews (1,656)

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I was very pleased with this hotel. The staff was very friendly and polite. Mandy was an asset in assisting me with finding attractions. The room was beautiful and the location is right in the center of all the city hot spots. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Hello nekiqwilliams,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story on your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear that you loved our hotel, staff & location! We are lucky to have such a prime location in Houston and it's so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It's great that our hotel worked well for your traveling needs. We look forward to taking care of you the next time your travels brings you to Houston.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I admit that prior to arriving I had my doubts about this hotel due to some absolutely horrible reviews on the net. However, I found the hotel staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful and the rooms to be clean, large, and superbly appointed with all the extras (iron, ironing board, safe, large TV etc.) The breakfast buffet was well stocked with everything most travelers would enjoy and was very reasonably priced. The dinner food in the restaurant was good and my only complaint would be the slow service during dinner

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Hello 201pilot,
We appreciate you for taking the time to share your comments. I am glad to hear that you were surprised by our staff and hotel. We don't have the newest hotel in town but we do our best to constantly maintain a great hotel and staff. We have an amazing staff that does their best to make sure that all of our guests leave happy. I apologize that you received slow service in the restaurant. I will pass on your comments to our F&B director so he can investigate your comment. I hope that the next time you come to Houston we will get a chance to earn 5 stars.
Best Regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I am in town for business 2-5 thru 2-8. Since I've been here the staff has been very helpful and professional. The concierge, Mandy, has been very helpful in helping me identify fine dining and entertainment in the area. I will definitely be staying here in the future.

Hello Corey G,
Thank you so much for your review! It's nice to hear that Mandy was able to refer you to some great restaurants while you were visiting! I know that she will be thrilled to hear that you acknowledged her for her hard work! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I love this hotel. We are here often visiting family and friends and always enjoy staying at this hotel. The rooms are nice and the breakfast buffet has everything you could ever ask for. The staff is great and always willing to help out if needed. Mandy will great you with smile as you walk in and can help answer any questions about the hotel or city to get you going on your stay. We will definitely continue to stay here when we visit Houston.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Hello pbaperez,
Thank you for leaving such fantastic feedback about your recent stay! It's nice to hear that you stay with us when you are in town visiting your friends and family. We are honored that you have chosen CPRO as your hotel choice when you come to Houston. I will pass on your gracious comments to our Mandy and the rest of our staff!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I recently had my baby shower at this hotel and it was great. The hospitality suite was a great size and had everything you needed. The staff was great to work with and very accommodating. They were there in minutes if there was anything we needed. Mandy was on top of things and we couldn't of done it without her. I will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Hello bbmagee,
Thank you for taking the time to share your story. We are honored that you chose to have such a joyous occasion at Crowne Plaza River Oaks. I am thrilled to hear that Mandy and the rest of our staff helped make your baby shower a great one! Congrats on your upcoming arrival!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

This hotel has an excellent welcome for the people coming to Houston whatever is the purpose of the visit . The management is well organized and ready to help in any case.
The personal is discrete and friendly helping. The location is great. A good place to stay in Houston

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Hello claudefm,
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your comments and recommendation! It's nice to hear that you love our hotel, staff and location! I will pass on your comments to our team and I know that they will be pleased to read your feedback. We hope to see you soon!