Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks
$179
  • Room Service
$161
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
$85
$125
galahotels.com
Good 3.5/5
1,683 results
All reviewsfront deskshuttle servicemedical centerclose to downtownbreakfast buffet isexcellent customer serviceself parkinghome away from homemuseum districtgalleria areafree shuttleconciergezarakirbyfreewayvaletappointment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Made a "Girls' Trip" to Houston to celebrate birthdays. The entire staff was extremely helpful and welcoming. From check-in to check-out it was a great experience. When the front desk clerk found it was a birthday trip he advised Mandy, the Concierge. They brought birthday cupcakes and other surprises to us. It made a fun trip more special. The location is great, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and Mandy is a definite asset to the hotel. We are planning another trip back to Houston and will definitely always stay at the Crowne Plaza River Oaks.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jan K
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Hello Jan K,
WoW!! What a nice surprise! Thank you for celebrating your birthday with us and I am thrilled to hear that Mandy helped make it special for you! We are honored that you chose CPRO for a fun girls weekend! I will pass on your gracious comments to Mandy and I know that she will be happy to hear that you recognized her for her dedication to our guests. She is a great asset and to our team and I appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge her. WE look forward to your next stay with us!
Best Regards,

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The weekend of 10/17-19-2013 I stayed at this property. Aside from the horrible traffic in Houston, the only other possible issue that could impact someone's stay is road repairs. This hotel is situated conveniently off Texas Hwy 59, which was perfect for me. I was participating in a training workshop at one of the universities and getting back and forth in a timely manner was important to me. There are too many restaurants around the hotel to name (can easily search by address on Google maps). I preferred to eat at the restaurant inside the hotel. It was affordable and the food was surprisingly cooked very well. I opted not to have room service because I was on a limited budget. I ordered food from the bar and took it to my room on the two occasions I chose not to eat in the dining area. The entire staff (valet, concierge, front desk, housekeeping, restaurant, and management) was the epitome of kindness, professionalism, and attentiveness. I'd be remised if I didn't give a shout-out to Priceline for helping by providing a very affordable rate. My first choice of course was TripAdvisor but rare is the site able to beat Priceline for hotel rooms. TripAdvisor is great for vacation rentals and low airfares. If you're looking for a 4-star hotel with staff that makes you feel at home, give Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks a try. I'll certainly make it one of my choices when my travels or that of my family and friends takes me back to Houston.

Room Tip: If you have the old Priority Club membership, it has been changed to InterContinental Hotels Group. Be sure to get your new card online. Ask for a room on the back side away from traffic and road work noise. Happy travels.

Hello askdrreg,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review!! I am sure that TA readers will appreciate all of the details and tips from your recent stay with us. We really appreciate you understanding that construction is sometimes necessary and I am so glad to hear that it did not dampen your stay! I am thrilled to hear that our entire staff took such great care of you. It is our pleasure to assist you and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

My company used to book me in this hotel and I spent over 50 nights there in 2012. Quite frankly the service is some of the worst I've seen in over 300 hotel stays in the past 2 years. I had one of the front desk clerks tell me it didn't matter if I gave him my Priority Points number because I wasn't getting any points. I asked him if he understood the concept of frequent stay plans, which obviously he didn't.

To be fair the location of this hotel was great and there was lots to do around this area. The hotel is clean and the beds were comfortable, but the hotel is at very best a 3 star. The pool is small and the area around it doesn't offer much. THe elevators can be quite slow. The internet SUCKS!! I flew in from India and needed to update Itunes on my macbook. It was going to take 72 hours to do so, so I walked over to apple and did in 2 minutes.

The one thing I miss is the breakfast which was very good, lots of fresh fruit, a grill where they would make you an omelette or other items. The service in the restaurant was very good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Hello onceuponaduck,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your past stays. I am so sorry that you feel that our staff did not meet your expectations. We have a great staff and we always receive great compliments so I was surprised to read your review. We strive to make sure all guests leave completely satisfied and I am disappointed that we did not succeed with you. I am sorry to hear that the frond desk agent said that you were not able to receive any points for your stay. There must have been some sort of confusion. I would love to investigate your complaint but to do that I will need some details on your previous reservation. I have sent you a private message in hopes that we can work together to get to the bottom of your issues. We really appreciate your business and would love to get a second chance. I hope to hear back from you.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have made the Crowne Plaza River Oaks our hotel location of choice when staying in the downtown Houston area. The location is central and ideal for business stay, shopping and great restaurants in close proximity. The hotel shuttle allowed us to beat the Houston traffic and take in a relaxing dinner at one of the great steakhouses in the area. The staff particularly the Concierge, Mandy was so helpful which allowed us to maximize our stay in the area. The breakfast buffet is well stocked, fresh and pleasantly catered by the friendly and familiar staff. Looking forward to my next stay.

Mike C

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Hello Mike C,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay! It's great to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, staff & location! I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle and that it helped you get to where you needed to go. I will pass on your gracious comments to Mandy and I know she will be thrilled to hear that you acknowledged her for her hard work. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel has some issues that are not of their own making, but the staff and the location make it absolutely wonderful. From check-in to check-out after 3 days they made us feel like family. Jerry and Mandy on the staff, and Nadeen (spelling may be wrong) at the front desk took care of our every need. They are ALL deserving of being call "10"s - maybe "11"s on a 10 point scale. The issues that the hotel has are parking and getting into the front entrance and they are caused the road construction around the property. As you read this, that may all be complete.

As a hotel rewards program member, Nadeen made sure that every amenity that we were supposed to have was provided. Jerry constantly made sure that we were aware of hotel opportunities or referred us to those that could tell us about establishments in the Village area. Mandy made sure that we were happy with our Crowne experience. Hats off to all of you.

If you are looking for a great location in the Houston area, it is hard to beat the Village/River Oaks area and this Crowne Plaza should be near the top of your list when choosing a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Hello lynn48_springtx,
Thank you so much for sharing your comments on your recent stay! I am thrilled to hear that our staff Jerry, Mandy and Naveen helped make your stay a great one!! We did have some construction out front of the hotel that was out of our control. Thank you for understanding and I hope it was not much of an inconvenience during your stay. We appreciate your raving review and we look forward to taking care of you again!! I hope that next time we will earn 5 stars!!
Safe Travels,