“Great Hotel”

Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks
Ranked #70 of 516 Hotels in Houston
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

very nice hotel with good accommodation Mandy the concierge was very helpful. the area was very nice good restaurants within close proximity. overall the accommodations were very nice. I would recommend this hotel to any travelers in the area.

• Stayed May 2013
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Hello jgfdtudhe1266,
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation!!! I am thrilled to hear that you love our hotel, staff & services. We are in a great location and I am so glad that it worked well for your traveling needs. We look forward to your return!
Debbie Hollier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Sherry, Glenn, Ana Marie, Sammie, Tara, Sandra, Julio, Nazar, Christian, and Roxanne have gone beyond their calls of duty, and I always appreciate the customer service they provide--it's a personal touch to everything that's done, and I'm grateful! Definitely will make this my hotel of choice as long as I'm visiting Houston, I'll prefer this entire staff--just great people!

Room Tip: The best rooms have a view of Highway 59 and the lighted skyline facing North!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Hello LadyLER,
Wow!!! Thank you for such an amazing review!!! It's nice to hear that you love our hotel but what means the most is that you love our staff! Our staff truly loves their jobs and it puts a smile on their faces to know that they made a difference! We are honored that you have chosen us as your Houston hotel and we look forward to your return!
Spencer, Iowa
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had a couple 'bumps' in our stay, but the staff was quick to make things right and offered us free breakfast for any inconvenience. Mandy, our concierge was great! She seemed like a friend we'd known for years even though we had just met. She made our dinner reservations at a local steakhouse. Unknown to us, she made sure they knew it was our 20th Anniversary and the staff made a big deal of congratulating us. Rest of staff was very helpful as well.

Amy N.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Amy N,
Thank you for such a fabulous review!! I appreciate you mentioning Mandy for her hard work and dedication. She is a great asset to our team and we are lucky to have her. Congrats on 10 years of marriage!! That is a huge milestone and we wish you many more years of happiness! I will pass on your kind words to Mandy.
Best Regards,
Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stay here about 25 nights a year when I am in Houston. The location is excellent and the hotel is clean, but the staff is outstanding. They seem to have very little turnover and everyone from the valet to front desk staff to the management always recognizes me and says hello. Any problems that I have ever had have been happily and quickly taken care of by the staff. Mandy the Concierge/ Manager is great with suggestions for anything to do and even tracked down my i-phone that I had left in a taxi for me one night!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hello Sjon B,
Thank you for your feedback! I am happy to read that you are never disappointed with your Crowne Plaza visits! It is nice to hear that you feel so comfortable here and that you continue to return. We appreciate your compliments and recommendation! We look forward to your return!
Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I love staying at this crown plaza. We always feel welcome from the time we arrive until our departure. The people at the front desk are always helpful. I appreciate the way that priority club members get a special treat upon arrival. Mandy Bates always makes sure that we are well taken care of. She is very personable and welcoming. The food is also superb.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Brandy E,
Thank you so much for such a marvelous review!! Your review is quite a compliment and we appreciate you taking the time to share your thought on our hotel and team. We are honored that you have chosen IHG as your hotel chain and we really appreciate your continued loyalty. I will pass on your gracious comments to Mandy. We hope we get to take care of you again very soon!
Safe Travels,
DFW
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I recently stayed here for two nights and did not get a good night's sleep. When I first arrived I went to my room, which seemed kind of dark and somehow not inviting. The decor was dated and there were some things that just did not seem to be in good repair and others that were just odd.

The bathroom light was out and I had to have it replaced. On the positive side, they sent someone up really fast and he was polite and efficient. I told him my room was cold and the heat would not turn on and he looked at it. Turned out that, too, needed to be fixed. It was 58 degrees when I got into my room, but shortly after he worked on it the room warmed to a comfortable temp. The only problem was that every time the heat turned off it made a loud clunking noise, which woke me every couple of hours throughout the night. The desk clerk was kind enough to refund one night's parking for me to compensate.

Also, there was some odd small tube about two inches long just sticking out of the ceiling in the shower which added somewhat of a creepy factor to the room.

On the positive side, the breakfast buffet was good and the room was very clean and well-stocked. Parking was convenient in an attached ramp. The location was good and there were plenty of good restaurants and shopping around, and a Whole Foods around a mile away. Whoever reads any of the reviews I've written will find that is one of the things I like to find nearby.

I doubt that I will stay here again, but it's not because of the staff or cleanliness. It just wasn't comfortable to me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Hello SusanDFW,
Thank you for your review. I am so sorry that our hotel was not comfortable for you. We want all of our guests to leave completely satisfied and I apologize that you did not. I am disappointed to hear that you will not be returning. We are constantly updating our hotel and I hope that you will give us another chance since you liked our restaurant, location and surrounding area. Thank you for your comments.
Cedarburg
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Had another great experience at the Crowne Plaza, River Oaks, Houston, TX.
Room was great and the both dinner and the breakfast buffet in the restaurant were excellent.
I always love how Priority Club members get a little treat when we check in.
Mandy, the Concierge was her ever-friendly self and assisted us with a much needed late checkout.
Many Thanks!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Hello JoAnnBerk,
Thank you for such a marvelous review! We appreciate your loyalty and are so happy to know that you have chosen CPRO as your hotel choice in Houston! I will pass your compliments on to Mandy and the Chef. We look forward to exceeding your expectations the next time your in Houston!
Safe Travels,