“great location and great people”

Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks
Ranked #78 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Though the hotel sits alongside a highway, there are great restaurants within walking distance, I highly recommend The Hobbit Cafe. But more than food the rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff is welcoming and extremely helpful and warm. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Hello dm659,
Thank you for such a wonderful review. Your review is quite a compliment and we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel & team. We are lucky to be in such a great location and are surrounded by tons of amazing restaurants. I am glad that you had a chance to eat at the Hobbit...it is one of my favorites! We value your opinion and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I think it would be hard to beat the Crowne Plaza River Oaks. Mandy and Jorge Fuenes are a couple of my personal favorites but the service doesn't stop here. The food is always very good. I always eat breakfast and dinner here and it is always good. The River Oaks Crowne Plaza is also near a lot of great other food options. Houstons, Sushi, Twin Peaks, House of Pies, etc. The Wednesday evening priority club appreciation get to together is always excellent, Mandy really does a great job. My project is about to end but I will always remember the service we have received here. My family will definitely be staying here in the future.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room here.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Hello pbevey,
Wow!! A review doesn't get any better than yours...Thank you! We are so happy to hear that we have won you over with our incredible service. Our team is always happy to hear from our satisfied guests. Thank you for mentioning Mandy & Jorge....I know they will be thrilled to hear that they were recognized in your review. We are honored that you chose us for your traveling needs and we will be sad to see you go. We appreciate your loyalty and hope we will see you again when you are traveling for pleasure.
Safe Travels,
Debbie HOllier

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The staff is very courteous and attentive! The rooms are spacious and clean. I come to Houston quarterly and I will definitely stay here again. I will definitely refer this hotel to my friends and colleges.

Hello arlicia,
Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel! We are honored that you have chosen to stay at CPRO so often! To say that our hotel is the best you have ever stayed at is quite a compliment! We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

we stay here all the time. My husband is a patient at M D Anderson and they always take excellent care of us. They go out of their way to help us. Grady at the front desk is extremely helpful as is Carlos in the bar. The priority club rewards program is excellent as well. They offer a medical rate as well.

Hello marcla,
Thank you so much for your review! I am thrilled to hear that you love our hotel, staff & services! It means so much to us that you think of us as your home away from home! It is our pleasure to assist you! We appreciate your loyalty and thank you for being a priority club member!

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

The River Oaks Crowne Plaza is located within walking distance of a number of great restaurants and other entertainment options. The hotel restaurant is also a good option for food, I really like their buffet breakfast with made to order omelets. Goode's barbecue is a good local eatery along with the Hobbit Cafe, both within a five to ten minute walk. I recommend this hotel for a good night sleep and fun time.

• Stayed: April 2013
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Hello Allenwc,
Thank you for sharing your candid comments about your recent stay! I am thrilled to hear that you love our hotel and location! Even though our hotel is surrounded by tons of great restaurants it's nice to hear that you eat breakfast in ours. I will pass on your compliments to the Chef and we look forward to having you back!

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

The managers reception is ammmmazzzing! Jorge the bartender is so sweet and remembers you when you return. Mandy is cray cray but we love her :) thanks for having delicious shrimp and cilantro spring rolls with coconut soy sauce!!

Hello kavoltz,
Thank you for such a marvelous review!! I am thrilled to hear that you attended the reception and that you enjoyed the food and the company! I am glad that Jorge & Mandy help make the reception a great one! Our staff truly enjoys their jobs and it puts a smile on their faces to know that our guests had an awesome time. We look forward to your return!!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Great Experience...I had a 5k race the next morning. The location was so convenient & central to a LOT of great restaurants and to the downtown area where my race was. The hotel was clean and the staff was Extremely helpful in particular the concierge, Mandy. Thanks again for the wonderful stay and I will recommend my friends to stay there as well for future reference.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Hello southernbell11,
Thank you for such a wonderful review! We are honored that you chose CPRO to rest up for your 5K run! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had such a great experience here. Thank you for recognizing Mandy! I know that she will be thrilled that she was mentioned in your review! See you next time!
Best Regards,