“Home away from home”

Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks
Ranked #77 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I come very frequently and receive treatment at md Anderson. The staff is excellent. They always take great care of us. I want recognize Yolanda, sherry, Roxanne, & Jackie. Tara & Mandy do a exceptional job and are always there to help. Julio is the shuttle driver and went out of his way to take my wife to the emergency room when I was not in the area. I really appreciate the smoking area located in the garage. I get a chance to sit out there, smoke my cigar & meet other guests. The only thing better than that is the Wednesday happy hour. Great food & company. I recommend this hotel while visiting Houston!

• Stayed: March 2013
dhollier, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Hello Gregjones1947,

What a sweet review!! Thank you for sharing your story with us!! We love having you here and we are honored that you chose us. We greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and level of service we provide. Thanks especially for recognizing our staff. It made their day.

Sid Siddiqi

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Stay here often, 60 days a year. Mandy is super, gives excellent customer service. Anna Maria is also a super employee. Makes me feel at home. The reception on Wednesday is super always look forward to attending. The food is great at the restaurant and the bar is also super.

• Stayed: March 2013
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Hello Cztorres,
Thank you for your super review!!! I am thrilled to hear that you attend our reception frequently! It's always a fun time up there and it's a great chance to hang out with our staff and other guests. I know that Mandy & Ana Maria will be thrilled to hear that you recognized their great service. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I enjoyed spending Valentines day there as a short and simple retreat to have a great time with the sweetie and love the day brings. The hotel is very accommodating and has a good amount of parking and ample space for others to meet you!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank princzz

Hello Dr JilR,
Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that you and your sweetie had a great experience here. We are honored that chose CPRO to celebrate such a romantic occasion. It's nice to her that you like the cleanliness of our hotel and our friendly staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return!
Debbie hOllier

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was my first time to Houston and I was exhausted when I walked in. The front desk person greeted me with such a bubbly personality that I was immediately refreshed! The room was amazing clean and just what I needed for a good night's sleep. The restaurant in the hotel had great food and the bartender (as I was alone, I sat at the bar) was friendly and knowledgeable. The other staff at the property is extremely friendly and helpful and the sales and conference planning staff are both AMAZING!!! All in all, given the chance to return to this property I would in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Hello crisfield3,
Wow!!! Thank you so much for writing such a raving review!! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our front desk staff was able to put you in a great mood and rejuvenate you! We appreciate your compliment and recommendation! We are honored that you have chosen CPRO for your hotel accommodations while visiting our great city. We look forward to your return!
Safe Travels,
Debbie Holllier

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel. I pass the hotel with every visit because I eat lunch at Houston's on Kirby. The location is perfect for me because it central to everything and Whole Foods and Houston's (Hillstone) are just around the corner. The lobby is well appointed and check in was good. I did not receive an upgrade because the assigned room was not ready when I checked in and I did not want to wait. I was welcomed as a Platinum PC member and given a gift bag. The parking charge is pretty small and I suggested that they offer that comp for Platinum PC members. The guest rooms are a bit dated. The microwave and refrigerator seems to be an after thought because they were just in the corner and no in a piece of furniture. The carpet was a bit soiled in placed and there were snack crumbs around the desk area. The shower curtain was a little small for the rod so water was guaranteed to end up on the floor when I showered. I opened my gift bag and found a scratch off for bonus points - YEAH! I got a nice bonus point which ended up being a problem getting the added because there was another guest with the same last name and they got it mixed up. The FOM was very generous in to add addition points and resolve the problem. This is an older property so I was expecting everything to be brand new but some renovations should be on the horizon. I will return and I have two future reservations so far this year.

Room Tip: The hotel is located just off of Kirby where there are lots of restaurants, just minutes from Westhe...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
dhollier, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Hi OurExtendedStay,

Wow! Thank you for writing such a raving review! It is so nice to hear that you love our hotel and staff. We are honored that you chose us for you first stay in Houston and pleased to read that you will definitely return, also our hotel is very proud of our level of service, cleanliness, and quality of it's product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We really appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return!
Sid Siddiqi

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here for the rodeo and it wasn't horrible but we had been told by hotel staff there was a shuttle service to take us to reliant. When making the reservation I called to confirm that the shuttle would take us to reliant and once again they said yes. When we got there they told us they would not b able to take us to reliant because it is outside of the 3 mile radius. We definitely would not have stayed there if we had known that. They should have at least done something to make us happy as it was a group of about 10 people staying there.

• Stayed: February 2013
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Hello Dpena 2,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry for the misunderstanding regarding transportation to the reliant for the Rodeo cookoff. Our complimentary shuttle only goes in a 3 mile radius and the rodeo is 5 miles away. I know that you did speak to our general manager and he gave you the option of taking our complimentary shuttle to the medical center and then take the metro rail to the rodeo but you declined. I am sorry that you left unhappy and I hope that you will give us another try the next time you are in Houston.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here while in the area for only a few nights. The hotel is very clean and is in a nice area. The room was comfortable and very clean as well. I ate in the hotel breakfast buffet one morning. It was ok for the price. There was the standard breakfast items plus a omlett bar which were made to order. I would stay here again, for the price it was a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello spursfreak21,
Thank you for sharing your candid comments about your recent stay. I am glad that you loved our hotel! Your review is quite a compliment and we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay.