“They surprise me every time”

Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks
Ranked #72 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I travel to Houston once a month for work and every time I stay it seems they have a new surprise for me. the first stay they had cookies and milk waiting in my room when I arrived because I am a member of the priority club... I called the front desk to tell them they put me in someone else's room cause there was food on the desk. It was pretty funny for us all when I found out it was supposed to be there and it was for me! They have very friendly and caring staff from the front desk to the house keepers. They seek to fix ANY problems you have for whatever makes you feel less than extremely satisfied. Tonight I attended my first Priority Club social where they offered free hors d'oeuvres and cocktails, they have drawings for free stuff like breakfast, more points, desert... Etc. This is a well kept hotel, comfy beds, heavenly fluffy pillows, good location, and overall my first choice stay when in Houston.

Room Tip: If your not a member of Priority Club I highly recommend you join... It's free and you get perks...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Hello PG,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our hotel! I am glad to hear that we surprise you every time! We appreciate your loyalty and thank you so much for being a priority club member. I am happy to hear that you loved your welcome amenity and I am sorry that it gave you the idea that your room was occupied. :) We strive to be #1 in service and it means a lot to us that you took the time to write such a great review! I will pass on your comments to the rest of the staff and I know they will be thrilled to hear that you appreciate their hard work.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times and the service is the best of any place we have stayed. The employees are very polite and helpful. Rooms are always clean and above the standard. I would advise all that come to Houston to stay and enjoy the experience.

• Stayed: October 2012

Hello card96dad,
We are delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations! Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! I am thrilled to hear that you love our hotel & staff and we are awaiting your return. Thank you for your loyalty!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I read the reviews on this site before our stay, and was looking forward to a good experience - I was not disappointed! The staff was very friendly and attentive, and the room elegant and comfortable. I had the opportunity to speak with Debbie Hollier regarding a personal concern, and I was pleased with her above and beyond accommodation for me. This hotel definitely understands hospitality!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Hello Julie S,
Thank you so much for sharing your Crowne Plaza experience with us. We are so happy that we have won you over with our incredible service. Our team is always happy to hear from our satisfied guests! It was my pleasure to assist you and we look forward to your return!
Safe Travels,

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel a few times, staff is always very nice and helpful. Mandy at the front was very accomidating. I really love the size of the rooms, they are huge. I hate paying a lot of $ for a room and getting into it and barely being able to walk around he bed, that is not an issue here. Would deffinitely reccomend to a friend and I will be staying there again soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Hello Phil,
Thank you for your review and recommendation! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you continue to come back. We love hearing from satisfied guests and we appreciate your loyalty. I will pass on your kind words to Mandy. We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel this past Saturday night with some of my close girlfriends for a mini reunion and a much-needed night out in our hometown. As soon as I pulled into the driveway, the staff were already extremely attentive and very service-oriented. They immediately made me feel welcome! Mandy was especially helpful in giving us suggestions of where to go and how to get there. We initially went to Rice Village (just about 1.5 miles) for dinner and a few drinks, and we ended up in Midtown (about 2.5 miles). Cabs were easy to catch, and very inexpensive to and from the hotel. The hotel has a great location, wonderful staff, clean/comfortable rooms and if you're a Priority Club member, you get complimentary cookies and milk in your room! Boy, was that a nice treat! I will most definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have great views of the downtown city lights.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Hello Kassie K,
Wow!! Thank you for such a great review! We appreciate you sharing your recent Crowne Plaza experience with us! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your girls night out and got a chance to explore some of our great nightlife hotspots.I am glad that Mandy was able to help you with your plans and I know she will be happy to hear that you had fun! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Houston!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was our first visit to Houston, our room was spacious and clean. We were on 15th floor with a corner window. Staff were very friendly and helpfull. The shuttle bus is an excelent service. can't comment on food as we did not eat here. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Heather D,
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza on your first trip to Houston! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be returning. We appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with the rest of our staff. Have a great day!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had booked a couple of rooms in a wedding block and they could not find 1 reservation. Since they were sold out we could not get a 2nd room, thus we bunked up 4 people in 1 room together (2 queen beds so it was not that bad) . Fine. Understandable. Things happen. However what really bothered us was that the heater would not work. Only blew out cold air. We got in late the first night and ended up turning the heat(ac) off that night. Woke up in the morning to the room at 70 degrees. Informed the hotel front desk. They say theyll take care of it. They sent someone to fix it. Come back after lunch. Still does not work. Call front desk. They said they will take care of it. They send someone to fix. Attended my cousins wedding. Get back at 2am. Room is still at 72 degrees. Still too cold for my wife. Heat still blowing cold air. Went down to inform front desk. They give us extra blankets. Tell us they will take care of it the next morning which does us no good since we would be checking out the next morning. Wake up to thermostat at 72. All four of us caught a cold. Thanks Crowne Plaza River Oaks. Also, they could not guarantee a shuttle to the wedding venue that was .8 miles away. We ended up calling taxis to ensure we got there on time. Horrible experience here.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank injdog

Hello injdog,
Thank you for sharing your story with us. We appreciate all feedback and I will definitely investigate the complaint about your heat. When it comes to your reservation...I looked into it and since you booked your reservations through a third party we had no control over it. If it is not in our system it means that it was not made on their end. I am so sorry for the inconvenience of sharing a room and I wish that we would have had an extra room available. We do offer a shuttle within 3 miles and it is a first come first serve basis so we can not guarantee the exact time if you call ahead. It is usually available but sometimes it leaves for a few minutes here and there. On a positive note, I am happy that you gave us 5 stars for our location. I know that you had a few small issues during your stay but I hope you will give us another chance on your next trip to Houston.