“Great Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I read the reviews on this site before our stay, and was looking forward to a good experience - I was not disappointed! The staff was very friendly and attentive, and the room elegant and comfortable. I had the opportunity to speak with Debbie Hollier regarding a personal concern, and I was pleased with her above and beyond accommodation for me. This hotel definitely understands hospitality!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Hello Julie S,
Thank you so much for sharing your Crowne Plaza experience with us. We are so happy that we have won you over with our incredible service. Our team is always happy to hear from our satisfied guests! It was my pleasure to assist you and we look forward to your return!
Safe Travels,
Debbie Hollier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel a few times, staff is always very nice and helpful. Mandy at the front was very accomidating. I really love the size of the rooms, they are huge. I hate paying a lot of $ for a room and getting into it and barely being able to walk around he bed, that is not an issue here. Would deffinitely reccomend to a friend and I will be staying there again soon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Hello Phil,
Thank you for your review and recommendation! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you continue to come back. We love hearing from satisfied guests and we appreciate your loyalty. I will pass on your kind words to Mandy. We look forward to having you back!
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel this past Saturday night with some of my close girlfriends for a mini reunion and a much-needed night out in our hometown. As soon as I pulled into the driveway, the staff were already extremely attentive and very service-oriented. They immediately made me feel welcome! Mandy was especially helpful in giving us suggestions of where to go and how to get there. We initially went to Rice Village (just about 1.5 miles) for dinner and a few drinks, and we ended up in Midtown (about 2.5 miles). Cabs were easy to catch, and very inexpensive to and from the hotel. The hotel has a great location, wonderful staff, clean/comfortable rooms and if you're a Priority Club member, you get complimentary cookies and milk in your room! Boy, was that a nice treat! I will most definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have great views of the downtown city lights.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Hello Kassie K,
Wow!! Thank you for such a great review! We appreciate you sharing your recent Crowne Plaza experience with us! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your girls night out and got a chance to explore some of our great nightlife hotspots.I am glad that Mandy was able to help you with your plans and I know she will be happy to hear that you had fun! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Houston!
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was our first visit to Houston, our room was spacious and clean. We were on 15th floor with a corner window. Staff were very friendly and helpfull. The shuttle bus is an excelent service. can't comment on food as we did not eat here. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hello Heather D,
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza on your first trip to Houston! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be returning. We appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with the rest of our staff. Have a great day!
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had booked a couple of rooms in a wedding block and they could not find 1 reservation. Since they were sold out we could not get a 2nd room, thus we bunked up 4 people in 1 room together (2 queen beds so it was not that bad) . Fine. Understandable. Things happen. However what really bothered us was that the heater would not work. Only blew out cold air. We got in late the first night and ended up turning the heat(ac) off that night. Woke up in the morning to the room at 70 degrees. Informed the hotel front desk. They say theyll take care of it. They sent someone to fix it. Come back after lunch. Still does not work. Call front desk. They said they will take care of it. They send someone to fix. Attended my cousins wedding. Get back at 2am. Room is still at 72 degrees. Still too cold for my wife. Heat still blowing cold air. Went down to inform front desk. They give us extra blankets. Tell us they will take care of it the next morning which does us no good since we would be checking out the next morning. Wake up to thermostat at 72. All four of us caught a cold. Thanks Crowne Plaza River Oaks. Also, they could not guarantee a shuttle to the wedding venue that was .8 miles away. We ended up calling taxis to ensure we got there on time. Horrible experience here.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank injdog
Hello injdog,
Thank you for sharing your story with us. We appreciate all feedback and I will definitely investigate the complaint about your heat. When it comes to your reservation...I looked into it and since you booked your reservations through a third party we had no control over it. If it is not in our system it means that it was not made on their end. I am so sorry for the inconvenience of sharing a room and I wish that we would have had an extra room available. We do offer a shuttle within 3 miles and it is a first come first serve basis so we can not guarantee the exact time if you call ahead. It is usually available but sometimes it leaves for a few minutes here and there. On a positive note, I am happy that you gave us 5 stars for our location. I know that you had a few small issues during your stay but I hope you will give us another chance on your next trip to Houston.
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great hotel. Complimentary shuttle to MD Anderson and Galleria Mall. Great staff, very accomandating and most helpful. Mandi and staff will help you navigate local Houston restaurants and places to go and see.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello vicki l,
Thank you for your review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, staff & amenities! We have a great staff and they love making suggestions on the must see spots in Houston to ensure our guests have the best stay possible. We appreciate your loyalty and we hope to see you soon!
Get Well Soon,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel is quite the surprise. From Mandy the concierge to Carlos and Diego behind the bar...top notch. Great hotel. I especially appreciated the corporate sales department. Debbie really went the extra mile.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank episodes
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Hello episodes,
Thank you for your kind comments on our staff. They are the most important asset and we post these comments to make sure they get the recognition they deserve. We strive to make sure that our guests leave satisfied. It was my pleasure to take of you and we appreciate your business.