“When service lacks elsewhere the Crown Plaza excels.”

Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks
Ranked #75 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed October 2, 2012

As soon as we showed up the employees of the hotel were helping us in every way to get settled into our rooms. The concierge, Mandy, was most helpful in getting us a shuttle to have a great night and even suggested good restaurants in the area. We were very pleased with her suggestions of the "Rice Village". The rooms were especially clean and quite large. All in all I know where I am going to stay next time I am in Houston. Thx for the Texan hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Jflugrath
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Hello jflugrath,
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay & the level of service we provide. Thanks especially for recognizing Mandy for her hard work. I know she gets satisfaction in making sure our guests have the best time possible! Thank you for your loyalty & we look forward to your return! Have a great day!
Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My trip to Houston was for business and the staff at the River Crowne Plaza made my trip enjoyable. The rooms were comfortable and well maintained. In particular, as a first time visitor to Houston, Nicholas Ervin, on the night desk was a great help simplifying directions and patiently answering my many questions. I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Martha B

Hello MarthaB,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us! I am happy to hear that Nicholas was able to help make your business trip so enjoyable. We appreciate your business and are thrilled that you chose the Crowne Plaza River Oaks as your hotel for your first trip to Houston!! We hope that you come back very soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed in this great hotel for a training sessions and for those days I had a very good experience, the people were polite, my check-in didn't took much, getting into the pool after a hard work day is perfect, delicious breakfasts and for my concerns, this hotel is good located, near most places where I needed to go even Hosuton is huge!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Hello Jonathan V,
Thank you for your fantastic feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay! I am thrilled to hear that you loved our hotel, staff, & amenities! Taking a dip in the pool after a long training class sounds so amazing! I am glad you enjoyed your stay & that we were able to rejuvenate you after such a long day! We look forward to your return!
Best Regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Went to Houston with a group of friends to watch the Texans. This was the perfect place to stay! Just a quick taxi ride to several fun bars and close to Reliant Stadium. The rooms were nice and clean, breakfast was d-lish, and Mandy was extremely helpful. Thanks Mandy! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Hello L -to -the- lsa,
I loved your review! It is great to hear that you loved our hotel, staff & location! Our surrounding area has so much to offer & I am glad that you took advantage of it. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much that you can't wait to come back! Thank you for your loyalty and we will see you soon! Go Texans!!!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza River Oak property while attending a Texans game. The property was close to stadium and very convenient. The room was outstanding, very clean, the people were friendly. Mandy in the hopitality desk was super. She helped us find a sports bar to watch Saturday games, she got us a van in a hurry since there were 7 of us. We didn't stay long to experience too many things in the hotel, but check in was fast, rooms were great, and Mandy went above and beyond to help us. I strongly recommend you to stay there. It seems like a great place for business travel as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Explorer1180

Hello explorer1180,
Thank you for such a raving review!! I know that Mandy will be thrilled to hear that you really appreciated her help. I am glad to hear that she helped make your trip a memorable one. I love hearing from satisfied guests and I really enjoyed reading your review! Thanks again & we are looking forward to your next stay!
Safe Travels,

Reviewed September 28, 2012

As a business traveller, I value great service, comfortable rooms, and convenient location/transportation. The Crowne Plaza fell below my expectations. Strike 1: I had to wait nearly 10 minutes to get checked in, even though I am supposed to receive "priority" check-in. Strike 2: their weren't any taxis waiting at the hotel, and I had trouble convincing the concierge to call one for me (he did push the the free shuttle, which was quick the first time and slow the second time. Also, it's smelly!). Strike 3: the walls in my room were so thin, I could hear my neighbors' TV going late into the night.

I won't stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Hello Paulofsf,
I was disappointed to hear of the issues that you experienced during your stay. We take all comments seriously and I will definitely investigate the complaints that you addressed. I am sorry that you had a problem with transportation. Our concierge is a female so it must have been someone else that did not call you a cab. I know that she would never refuse any guest request. Service is our #1 priority and I so sorry that we did not meet up to your expectations. While we certainly understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you will give us another chance to make your stay the best that it could be.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Pleaseing atmosphere easy living great pleasant people. This hotel is a great meeting place.the rooms are beautiful,clean & very spacious. The main reason we come back everytime is because of the great hospitality from Tara & Mandy. The are so nice & accommodating. I really love the secure garage.

• Stayed: September 2012
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Hello wirelineer,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay! It is nice to hear that you think our hotel & staff are wonderful! I loved reading that you continue to come back because of the great service that Mandy & Tara provide on a constant basis. Mandy & Tara do an excellent job and I am sure they will appreciate being mentioned in your review. W e look forward to your return!
Safe Travels,