“5A Star Review Outstanding Service”

Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks
Ranked #77 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Jackie Frank and Mandy Bates gave outstanding service in all aspects, great overall experience. Long term stay needed and everything was excellent from the rooms, to the food, and especially the customer service. Will definitely recommend to anyone in the Houston area!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Hello AlexC,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! Customer service is our #1 priority and I am thrilled to hear that Jackie & Mandy took such amazing care of you!! It is so nice to hear that you loved our hotel, staff & services. Thank you so much for recommending our hotel and thank you for any future referrals that you send our way!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have to travel to Houston off and on, often, throughout the year, and I stay in hotels in different cities throughout the country, as many nights of the year as I do in my home. Every time I come to Houston, Crowne Plaza River Oaks is my choice! Mandy, the concierge, makes my stay each time, just like being at home! I cannot say enough great things about her, and the rest of the staff here, everyone has a great attitude, and they make being on the road...as pleasant as it gets! The hotel property is always super clean, the rooms are consistently spotless and the staff is great! Thanks Mandy for always being cheerful and helpful and efficient...keep up the great work!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Hello Aaron H,
Thank you for sharing your comments!! We are so happy to hear that we have won you over with our incredible service. I am thrilled to hear that Mandy takes such amazing care of you when you stay with us. She is a great asset to our team and we are lucky to have her. Mandy truly enjoys her job and I know that she appreciates you acknowledging her for her commitment to guest satisfaction. Thank you for your review & your loyalty and we hope to see you very soon!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I had a big suite that was updated with lots of storage. The counters, desk and dresser tops are all granite. There is a flat screen TV and full length mirrors in the bedroom and in the living room. A small microwave oven, small refrigerator, and individual cup coffee maker are available. Terrible WiFi connection, but sufficient outlets and free Internet. The room was very quiet. The housekeeper did not take all of my trash the first day and I had a lot. I suspected the glasses were not exchanged daily, so I marked them, and sure enough, they were not. I hope they exchange them between guests. A hairpin and a toothpick in the carpet stayed there my entire 5 day stay. The hallway my room was on smelled musty, but the room smelled fine. The fitness center is open 24 hours. It is well equipped, including 2 TVs; however, there are no remote controls. The business center has 3 nice terminals. The hotel is located on Hwy 59 & Kirby and near I-610, shopping and restaurants. A hotel shuttle is available for a 3 mile radius. Garage parking is $8/night and valet is $14. The attendants are fast and friendly. A gift shop and laundryroom is available, and the USA Today is delivered to the rooms each morning. Check-in was very slow and there were only 2 clerks on duty for a lobby full of people.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in #24 are near the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Hello DeeDee134,
Thank you for such a detailed review. I am sure the TA readers appreciate all of the information on the services and amenities we provide. I am happy to hear that you like our hotel and that you had such a great experience. I am so sorry for the housekeeping issues that you had during your stay. Rest assured your comments will be shared with our director of housekeeping. I am thrilled to hear that even after that you still gave us 4 stars and a positive review. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again when your travels brings you back to Houston!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I would like to take this time to thank the staff. Especially Debbie and Mandy. I travel across Tx La and Ms and will be back soon. Looking forward to next time. I would like to know if Mandy is single? Can anyone help. Desperate coonass!

Jodee1316,
Thank you for your review.!! I am glad that you think so highly of our staff, especially Mandy. I am sure she will be flattered by your comment. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza and we look forward to your return!!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Loved the Wednesday night reception. Jorge and Mandy made us feel very welcome. I will be back in the future. The food was great and the hospitality was awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You should try to attend the reception!

Hello Timbo20000,
It is so nice to hear that your entire stay was pleasant! We love receiving guest comments...especially great ones! We appreciate you taking the time to share your story about the awesome time you had and the excellent staff that you met. Thank you for your review & for choosing the Crowne Plaza! See you next time!!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The rooms are clean and have fridges and microwaves. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. We attended the Priority Club reception and met Debbie, Mandy and Jorge. The food and drink was great and it was a great night!

Hello ljbink,
Thank you so much for choosing the Crowne Plaza while traveling to Houston! We are delighted you gave us a try and thrilled with your review. The reception is always a great time and the chef always prepares great appetizers and Jorge makes the best drinks! The company is always great as well. You get a chance to mingle with the staff & all of our priority club members. Guests are always making new friends up there. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your return!
Best Regards,

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza the 3rd week of June for 4 nights. I travel alot and I know how hard it is to love any hotel for 4 nights. This hotel exceeded my expectations in every way. Their front desk agents on the first day I arrived were awesome. The bell captain was patient and courteous. The bar and banquet staff were astounding. The DOS and the concierge were very helpful to me as I had not been in that area in a long time. The Wednesday reception was one of the best I have ever been to in a hotel. Room service meal and waiter were perfect. The guestroom was clean and comfortable and had everything I needed. I would stay at this hotel again and again and have recommended it to several people already. I hope the GM and the owners appreciate the staff they have at this hotel - it is hard to come by. I hope the owners appreciate the GM and how he leads his staff. I hope the staff appreciates their bosses. You can tell that this is a full circle of excellence! Job well done!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Hello ccbeachhotels,
Wow!! I don't think your review could get any better!! Thank you so much for taking the time to rave about our hotel, staff & location. Our team members truly enjoy their jobs and it puts a smile on their faces to know that our guests leave completely satisfied. I am thrilled that you were able to attend our welcome reception and had a chance to meet Mandy & the sales team. Thanks to TA, our owners get a chance to read all of our success stories. Our GM does a great job and he stands behind us 100%! Thank you so much for your review & for any referrals you send our way!!