“Excellent hotel and staff.”

Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks
Ranked #79 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The rooms are clean and have fridges and microwaves. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. We attended the Priority Club reception and met Debbie, Mandy and Jorge. The food and drink was great and it was a great night!

• Stayed: July 2012
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Hello ljbink,
Thank you so much for choosing the Crowne Plaza while traveling to Houston! We are delighted you gave us a try and thrilled with your review. The reception is always a great time and the chef always prepares great appetizers and Jorge makes the best drinks! The company is always great as well. You get a chance to mingle with the staff & all of our priority club members. Guests are always making new friends up there. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your return!
Debbie Hollier

Write a ReviewReviews (1,654)

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza the 3rd week of June for 4 nights. I travel alot and I know how hard it is to love any hotel for 4 nights. This hotel exceeded my expectations in every way. Their front desk agents on the first day I arrived were awesome. The bell captain was patient and courteous. The bar and banquet staff were astounding. The DOS and the concierge were very helpful to me as I had not been in that area in a long time. The Wednesday reception was one of the best I have ever been to in a hotel. Room service meal and waiter were perfect. The guestroom was clean and comfortable and had everything I needed. I would stay at this hotel again and again and have recommended it to several people already. I hope the GM and the owners appreciate the staff they have at this hotel - it is hard to come by. I hope the owners appreciate the GM and how he leads his staff. I hope the staff appreciates their bosses. You can tell that this is a full circle of excellence! Job well done!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Hello ccbeachhotels,
Wow!! I don't think your review could get any better!! Thank you so much for taking the time to rave about our hotel, staff & location. Our team members truly enjoy their jobs and it puts a smile on their faces to know that our guests leave completely satisfied. I am thrilled that you were able to attend our welcome reception and had a chance to meet Mandy & the sales team. Thanks to TA, our owners get a chance to read all of our success stories. Our GM does a great job and he stands behind us 100%! Thank you so much for your review & for any referrals you send our way!!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

The hotel and room was very nice. Every employee and management staff were not only very professional and helpful, they were exceptionally friendly. Mandy Bates the concierge was awesome. She took care of all of our requests, set us up with a taxi, and made us feel like queens. I will recommend the hotel to all of my friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Hello MichelleR,
Thank you for your review! It's nice to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, staff & services! I am happy to hear that Mandy helped make your evening a memorable one. She is a great asset to our team and I will pass your compliments on to her. Thank you in advance for any future referrals that you send our way!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Had great service - Mandy the conceirge - bent over backwards to make our stay (girls night) awesome!!! Would stay there again in a heart beat! Rooms were nice too!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Hello Trish1020,
Thank you for your comments! I am glad to hear that you stay was great & that Mandy was able to give you such great service! We really appreciate your review & thank you for choosing the Crowne plaza for your recent trip to Houston. We will see you soon!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I recently stayed here for a company meeting. The accommodations for the meeting were really nice and comfortable an professional! Angie Techmanski wa ou sales person from the hotel and put together a really nice package to accommodate our small group.

1  Thank Kelly C

Hello KellyC,
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your corporate event! We have a great sales team and they work extremely hard to make sure our guests get well taken care of. I will pass on your gracious comments to Angie. Thank you for your review & any referrals you send our way!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

The hotel was ok, centrally located between shopping, downtown and the medical centre. Free shuttle was excellent. Mandy, the concierge, was outstanding - very friendly, helpful and knowledgable. Food ok; lots of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Marguerite,
Thank you for your review. I am a little disappointed that you feel our hotel was just "ok". I would love for you to give us another chance next time you are in town so we can exceed your expectations. I am thrilled to hear that you think so highly of Mandy. I know that she will be happy to hear that she was acknowledged for her hard work.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have to say my experience was outstanding. Every one is very pleasant and helpfull. Especially Mandy Bates and Shalia, and Jon Coleman stands out. They go out of there way to help.

1  Thank Ralphf123

Hello Ralphf123,
Thank you for taking the time to share your story. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay & that you feel that the staff is outstanding. We have a great team and I will pass on your kind words to them. Have a great day!