“Very pleasant stay”

Ranked #62 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Calgary
“Very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

I stayed at the hotel during OTC. The rate of $206 was very good, but, don't forget the numerous taxes that are added. As such, the per night rate was actually $241. Room was large with two queen beds which were very comfortable. Bathroom quite small but plenty of towels. A great hair dryer - not one of the those useless ones that are set into the wall - but one you would use in the bedroom! Free internet which is always a plus. If you don't want to carry your laptop there is a very good business centre just off the lobby. Small fitness room with a couple of stairmasters, treadmills and free weights. Pretty nondescript outdoor pool. Quite small, but as I wouldn't call this a family, leisure-style hotel, big enough to cool off in. The hotel has a free shuttle to the Galleria that runs frequently throughout the day. Didn't eat at the restaurant but has room service. Menu was quite limited but the food was nicely presented and service was quick. The hotel fronts a major freeway but the noise didn't bother me as I had a room at the back.

Room Tip: Because the hotel fronts a very busy freeway you may want to request a room at the back.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Hello CTraveler10,
Thank you for writing such a detailed review! I'm sure the readers appreciate you pointing out the great services that we offer. I am sorry for the tax rate. Unfortunetly, that is mandatory for all Houston hotels & that is out of our control. I am thrilled to hear that you had a very pleasant stay. We have a great property & staff and I am glad you were able to take advantage of our shuttle & services. I hope you stay with us the next time your travels brings you to Houston!
Safe Travels,
Debbie Hollier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

Crowne Plaza River Oaks is a good option for a stay during OTC. It close enough to everything and compared to downtown and Galleria the traffic is OK.

I rated the hotel very good rather than average in a large part to the fabulous service of Marcela Mejia. She provided excellent service and made some great recommendations but most of all did it in such a lovely manner. I'm in a service industry and would love to have Marcela on my team.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hello Bill H,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay. OTC was a very busy time for Houston & I am pleased that we were able to accomodate you & take such great care of you. Marcela does a great job & I am thrilled to hear that she made all the defference! Thank you for acknowledging her and I will pass on your kind words to her. Have a blessed day!
Debie Hollier
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

The Hotel is nice and the Management is very professional. I first met with Debbie Hollier - Director of Sales & Marketing regarding my long stay package about 3 months. She provided very helpful info and offered a good package that made me confirmed the reservation without hesitation. Anyone who need to stay in a nice hotel in Houston with a good deal should contact Debbie for details.

Upon check-in, I met the Front Desk Manager - Jackie Frank who was helpful and patiently gone through all the details. In fact, Jackie helped my check-out too and she is very helpful and efficient.

During my stay in the hotel, I met some other employees that are also doing great jobs such as the Concierge, Mandy Bates; other members of the front desk team including Roxanne, Tara, Shaila, Christopher, Anna Maria, David and Marcela.

The last but not the least, I will surely come back to live in this Hotel again in future when visiting Houston and do not hesitate to recommend this Hotel to anyone who is visiting Houston.

Room Tip: Any room will be fine within this hotel. I lived in 8/F in my last stay which was nice.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Hello Shun C,
Thank you so much for your review! It was a pleasure working with you & I am glad I was able to make the reservation process an efficient one. I appreciate you mentioning all of our great staff that helped you during your long term stay. I will definitely pass on your kind words to them. We enjoyed taking care of you & we look forward to your return. Thank you for any future referrals that you send our way. Have a great day!Best Regards,
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

The folks at the Crowne Plaza in Houston TX is the nicest people I've encountered so far. The Hotel is A+ from rooms to service from booking to shuttle service. I'll stay again, gauranteed. Mandy Bates you are the best! Thankyou.

Darrell

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Hello Darrell B,
I am thrilled that you think that we are the BEST! We strive to have great customer service & I am happy to here that you love our hotel, services & staff. I will pass on your nice comments to Mandy. Thank you for your review & we look forward to your return.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

We had the wedding party and out of town family and friends stay at this location for a wedding in the museum district. They were very accommodating with distribution of gift bags, extending hours in the bar and provided a great suite for the girls hair and makeup sessions. I must say that a bridemaid misplaced a jacket that the bride was to take on the honeymoon with her new monogram and their Lost and Found located it for us on Monday. It was in a paper bag! When they cleaned the room, all items went to lost and found. What a save! Being the MOB, they assurred the weekend to be stress free concerning the accommodations. Many thanks to Dimples B. for helping us set up the 20 rooms.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Hello MOB_BT56003,
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your out of town guests! I'm sure that being the mother of the bride can be pretty stressful so I am thrilled to hear that our entire team made your stay a memorable one. We love hearing from satisfied guests and I appreciate you taking the time to share your story with us! We look forward to your return!
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

I recently held an offsite business function for a group of 40 plus and could not have been more pleased with the service we received. Everything went well and I heard nothing but positive feedback from the attendess with regards to their hotel rooms, the banquet food and most importantly the staff. Juan Rovira is the Banquets Director and I would highly recommend his services to everyone. Harold Lucas (Catering Manager) and Claudia Gonzalez (Travel & Sales Manager) were both extremely helpful and always accessible which is a plus. I plan on using this facility again in the future and would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hello mwilloughby2,
Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that we have won you and your attendees over with our incredible service! I love to hear that every department did their part to show your group such a great time! Thank you for mentioning all of our hard working staff that made your stay memorable. I am sure they will all be thrilled to hear that they were mentioned in your review! We hope to see you soon! Have a great day!
Respectfully,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

I hosted my family here for Easter and the staff was fabulous at addressing our groups diverse lodging and entertainment needs. It was a load off my mind as an off-site hostess.

• Stayed April 2012
Hello CynthiaASpooner,
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your family getaway! I am thrilled to hear that our staff took such great care of your family during the easter holiday. We hope you will stay with us the next time your travels brings you to Houston!