“Group Events Made Easy”

Ranked #71 of 516 Hotels in Houston
Houston
“Group Events Made Easy”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Our Italian club has used your hotel for several events, Christmas party, Mother's Day luncheon, etc. Jeana Auger has been especially easy to work with and has given us such wonderful experiences. Also, I have personally worked with Dimples Boettcher in connection with Crowne Plaza River Oaks being the Host Hotel of our 34th Houston Italian Festival. This is the second year to have them as our Host Hotel and we are so pleased that our out-of-town guests have been treated with kid gloves. We expect to continue this association for many years to come.

Margie D

Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Hello Margie D,
Thank you so much for recognizing my sales team! I loved reading your comments and I am thrilled that our team takes such great care of you. Our sales team takes great pride in their jobs. We really appreciate your loyalty. We look forward to your next event!
Debbie Hollier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Last fall, I was in charge of booking rooms for several college buddies getting together to see some Astros games. I found the reservation process easy, the rates wonderful, and the help confirming arrangements close to the check-in date was particularly helpful. Dimples and her staff took care of our every need. I found the rooms clean and comfortable. The bar was a great place for us all to catch up with each other. Should I have the opportunity to visit Houston again with a group, the Crown Plaza would be a top choice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Hello Bob T,
Thank you for your comments & for making us your #1 hotel choice in Houston! I am happy to hear that not only did Dimples take great care of you but you enjoyed everything that the hotel has to offer. We appreciate your business & we hope that this season you will come back to visit. Go Astros!
houston
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Dimples Boettcher was a life saver! She provided excellent service, given the limited amount of time to prepare. She assisted me in making arrangements for a major celebration with over 200 guests. The food was amazing, the setting was elegant and the wait staff very attentive. It all made for a wonderful experience leaving our guests more than satisfied.

Kathy E.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hello Kathy e,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! I am happy to hear that the entire staff was able to work together to make sure you had a flawless event! Dimples has many years of experience and always does a great job with her attention to detail. The Banquet staff we have here is top notch and we look forward to taking care of your group again!
Lufkin
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I have been using this hotel now for several years and have always been pleased with the level of performance by the staff. Angie Techmanski has always been very helpful even with last minute changes. Lucas is always ready to help. and Kieth Parks has done a wonderful job even when I have even the slightest of issues. Everything is handled and communicted in a wonderful professional manner.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hello David S,
Thank you for sharing your comments and for being such a loyal guest! I am thrilled to hear how hard our sales team works to make sure your event happens with no mistakes or delays. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again soon!
Houston
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This was my first experience arranging this large an event. From beginning to end the staff was absolutely amazing. Starting with Angie Techmanski who arranged the event and gave me the who's who to work with. I met with Harold Lucas who was simply wonderful and fully understanding of my needs. Harold was very gracious in helping me with any questions I had at any time. The accomodations, food was fabulous. Juan Rovira the Banquets Director took care of every detail in our meals and refreshments. They took away any stress or worry about being able to have a productive meeting instead of worrying about the accomodations or meals. I felt as though we got the royal treatment from everyone on your staff. I can't thank them enough.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Hello Mary b,
Thank you so much for recognizing our sales staff! They do such a great job and sometimes get overlooked. I am thrilled to hear that they were able to make your job easier while planning such a large event. I will pass on your compliments to them. We look forward to having Affiliated Power Services back!!
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I book rooms here often and the staff is always very accomodating and friendly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, July 6, 2016
Thanks for the nice feedback! Please come back and see us again!

Best regards,
Debbie
Anniston, AL
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I was in Houston for an important interview. The staff at the Crowne Plaza River Oaks were uniformly friendly and outgoing. I'm not talking about just the folks you expect to be friendly at the front desk. Everyone was friendly and approachable. I was on the elevator with a maintenance worker. He asked me how my stay was going and told me not to hesitate to call his department if I had a problem. Each one seemed genuinely interested in making sure my stay was a positive, helpful experience. The facility is gorgeous. I highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hello Tim B,
Your review put a huge smile on my face! I love hearing such nice stories about how our staff makes a difference. Customer service is our #1 priority and our job is to make sure guests leave completely satisfied. I see that we have done that! I am thrilled to hear that our hotel gave you what you always hope to get! Thank you for your review!
Safe Travels,