“Roxanne, a truly outstand customer service professtional!”

Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks
Ranked #75 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I would like to offer a tremendous amount of gratitude for Roxanne, who was assisting customers at the front desk on the second morning of our stay at this hotel. We had a difficult previous evening with noise from an adjacent guest and the next morning we asked Roxanne if she could help us move as we had several days left to stay. This was a very difficult stay for us as we were attempting to help my sister who recently had a stroke and was at a Texas Medical Center facility. Our days were very long and difficult. Roxanne was able to secure a very comfortable and quiet room for us. We just want to offer a very large thank you to Roxanne, and if anyone needs some help at this fine hotel just ask for Roxanne, an absolute customer service professional!!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Hello Mejean,
Thank you for sharing your story. I am sorry to hear about your sister & I hope she gets well soon! I am thrilled to hear how Roxanne made such an impact on you during your stay. We truly care about all of our guests and it is so nice to hear that during your difficult time Roxanne was able to make you have such a memorable experience. We look forward to your return!

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks

Reviewed April 16, 2012

This hotel has a great location if you are with a car, a 5 minute drive to most important sights, restaurants or bars in the city. The bad thing is that you need to pay extra 8 USD per day for parking, no breakfast and rooms are a bit poorer than one would expect of Crown Plaza.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IIM612

Hello llm612,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am pleased to hear that you loved our location! I am sorry that you did not like the $8 parking fee. That's actually a great price compared to all the other hotels in this area. Breakfast is not complimentary but we do have some great packages that include our amazing breakfast buffet. We hope you that you will give us another try so we can make sure you leave completely satisfied.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

They always take great care of me and anything I may need. I stay here once or twice a month and love it. Shaila and the whole crew are great.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Hello notmenonotmenotme,
Thank you for your comments & for being such a loyal guest. We appreciate you recognizing Shaila & the rest of the team. We look forward to your return.
Safe Travels,

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed her over the Easter weekend and loved it. The location is just right and close to a couple of my favorite restaurants like Goode Company BBQ/Seafood/Tex Mex and Lupe Tortilla. Right off, Anne Marie was a breath of fresh air with an easy smile and efficient check in. The Concierge, Mandy was there to answer any questions. So many little touches make this a stand out hotel. It’s located right on I-59 and were facing the highway but the room was very quiet and had the best blackout curtains I’ve seen. And lastly, the breakfast buffet was outstanding with fruit, assorted breads and pastries and a full omelet station. Overall, an outstanding stay. We’ll be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Hello Todped,
I loved reading your review!! You gave so many sweet compliments to Anna Maria & Mandy. I know they will be thrilled to hear that you acknowledged their hard work. I am glad that you also loved our hotel, services & location. We appreciate your patronage & look forward to your return!
Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Recently I stayed at the Houston Crowne plaza river oaks and I can describe my stay nothing short of fantastic! I was there for a training event with a great group of people! I had the opportunity to interact with the front desk staff a bit as well as Mandy the MOD/Concierge. They were all more than accommodating and took the next step to ensure I had everything I needed. I was given personalized suggestions of where to go hang out and have a little fun on my time off. The hotel decor is very nice for that of an older hotel! I ordered room service each night and had the same room service girl who remembered me and used my name each time. You can tell service is an important thing instilled in each and every employee at this hotel. I give my congrats and best wishes to the entire hotel and staff! Keep up the great work because you certainly met all my needs and made me leave feeling great about my stay! Thanks again. And special thanks to Mandy for all her help in making me feel comfortable and entertained ;-).

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Mwar1004

Hello Mwar1004,
Thank you for such a raving review! Your review is quite a compliment & we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel & team. I am ecstatic to hear that you had such an amazing & memorable experience during your stay. Our team members truly enjoy their jobs & it puts a smile on their faces to know that our guests leave completely satisfied. We thank you for any future referrals you send our way and look forward to your return! Have a wonderful day!!

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights on my way south. The staff were, without exception very friendly and helpful. The food & staff from roomservice were excellent, bright and cheerful.
The shuttle service was very useful. Will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Helen W

Hello Helen W,
Thank you for your review! I hope you enjoyed the South! I am pleased to hear that you not only complimented our hotel but you also commented on our staff & services! We appreciate your loyalty & we look forward to your return!!

Reviewed April 6, 2012

We dicede to stay here in our family vacation.
The second day, when we were out, somebody took a new shirt from our room. Nobody in the hotel wants to respond.

Third day, they left our room very dirty... when I ask to clean it up, they just say "there is nobody to clean now..." and thats it!!!

Please DON NOT stay here. Find for other Hotel near..

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Hello MauricioT,
I am disappointed to hear your comments about the issues you encountered during your stay. I did talk to the front desk manager regarding your missing shirt. We are investigating the situation and from what I was told they have tried contacting you to get further details. We strive to be the best in service and I am truley sorry that you left our property unhappy. We have honest & loyal employees here and I am confident that next time we you will not be disappointed. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Best Regards,