“Reasonable, Average+ hotel in a good location”

Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks
Ranked #73 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Cedar Park, Texas
“Reasonable, Average+ hotel in a good location”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This hotel was in the area we wanted to stay, and the price was reasonable. That said, there wasn't much "above & beyond" about it... I'd say 3 1/2 stars if that was an option. The drain in the tub didn't work, shower wouldn't drain unless you held the lever down. The room doors auto-close after you open them - with a great THUD! - which you hear all through the night as your hall-neighbors come and go. Really, all night long, THUD! THUD! THUD! There was a welcome kit that included milk, cookies, and ear plugs - should have known that wasn't a good sign. The staff, while friendly, wasn't overly knowledgeable about the area. We got more helpful advice from other hotel guests on getting to Reliant Stadium than we got from the front desk staff. Lots of places to eat in the general vicinity, plenty of parking ($8 with ins & outs included for guests). Would I stay here again? Sure. But I'd try elsewhere first.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
ssiddiqi, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Hello Jen 850,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am sorry that you had some issues while staying with us. I really wish you would have made us aware of your complaints while you were here so we could have fixed them. We would have done our best to accomodate your needs in any way. Unfortunetly, we can't always control the traffic in the halls but we could have fixed the noise by moving you to the 17th floor, which is the quiet zone. I am glad that you liked our location and reasonable price! If you ever need anything please let us know. I really hope that you will give us another try so we can make sure you have a great & memorable experience. I hope you have a wonderful day!
Sid Siddiqi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed at the Crown Plaza Houston River Oaks for the first time in September '11, I was extremly happy with the hotel. The room was spacious and clean. The staff, such as the Concierge Mandy Bates, were very helpful. I found the hotels location to be perfect for my business meetings in downtown Houston as well as the Galleria area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
ssiddiqi, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Hello Mark E,
Short & sweet and to the point! We are delighted we met your expectations and hope to see you back very soon! I will pass on the kind words to Mandy. I'm sure she will be pleased to hear that she was mentioned in your review. Have a wonderful day!!
East Rockaway, New York
Reviewed October 3, 2011

The Staff are very friendly, and professional. They also, were very helpful. Having a clean and working refrigerator was a big plus. I travel every week and stay in many hotels, this one is on top on my list.

Hello JPLJB,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your stay! We really appreciate your review and thank you for selecting the Crowne Plaza for your recent stay to Houston. We would love to have you back. Have a fantastic day!!
Houston, TX
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I stayed here for 3-weeks as a patient at one of the nearby facilities. The shuttle service was excellent, and I saved money knowing I didn't need to rent a car during my stay. The room was chic, clean, and the bed was especially comfortable. The room's refrigerator and microwave was convenient and functional. The amenities were excellent. Being that I stayed here by myself, I was also able to socialize at the downstairs sports bar and restaurant. The food was excellent, and the breakfast buffet was superb! The buffet was very affordable and included an omelette and pancake/waffle bar, with those being made to order. All staff were very friendly and helpful, starting from the Concierge, front-desk staff, restaurant staff, and room service. AND, as a Priority Club member, I was able to attend their weekly afternoon gathering in their prime suite every Wednesday from 5:00-6:30p. High Standards!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Hello Kaloa,
Thank you so much for such a raving review! I'm sure it is hard to be so far from home during such a difficult time and I am so pleased that we are able to make you feel at home. Our goal is not just to meet you expectations but exceed them. It sounds like we have! We are delighted to have you stay with us and we hope that you know that we all care for you and hope for a speedy recovery! We also enjoy having you at the reception each week and I'm happy you have had a chance to meet and mingle with our other guests. Have a wonderful day!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I traveled to Houston on business, and couldn't be happier with my experience at the Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks. We stayed at the hotel and also rented a conference room for the weekend. Every single person on the hotel staff was so helpful and accommodating. We have traveled all over the country and this was our best experience by far. Not only that, but the prices for the rooms and the conference rooms were great!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
ssiddiqi, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Good day Stefanie,
Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your nice comments on your experience @ CPHRO. Hearing that we gave you the best experience you have ever had is an amazing accomplishment! We look forward to having you back when your travels bring you back to Houston. Have a wonderful day!
New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 23, 2011

It is 100% non-smoking and is situated on the Southwest Freeway near Greenway Plaza. it very near to the Galleria Mall and the hotel provides regular shuttle to the Galleria and the medical center. The hotel's parking is sufficiently large. the staff was friendly the room was clean and so was the lobby. I stayed there for a week and had a comfortable stay. Because it is located very close to the freeway the traffic noise is an irritant (just a little). Rooms on higher floors may be more calm.

Room Tip: if the traffic noise bothers you, then request for rooms away from the freeway. It didn't bother...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank ARTIB
Hello ARTIB,
Thank you so much for your review! I am delighted that you were pleased with our hotel & services, as well as our superb location! I'm glad that you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle. It is a great way to get around the Houston area if you do not have a vehicle. We appreciate your comments and we hope to see you soon. Have a great day!
Kew Gardens, New York
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I am a member of the Jetblue Airways crew that stays in this hotel often. I always look forward to coming to this hotel. I especially enjoy seeing Gwen and her wonderful welcoming smile. Certain amenities like microwaves and fridges in the rooms make such a difference and set this hotel apart from others. Thank you!

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
ssiddiqi, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
Good Afternoon Amy,
We are so pleased to hear of your positive experience with us. Thank you for your comments! I am glad that Gwen makes you feel so welcome when you stay with us! I'm sure she will be pleased to be acknowledged in your review. I agree..the microwave and refridgerator are very conveinent for travelers. Hopefully next time you come you will be able to attend our welcome reception that is held every wednesday. We hope to see you again very soon! Have a nice day!