“Good Burger -”

Ranked #440 of 510 Hotels in Houston
New York
“Good Burger -”
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I like the bar atmosphere. Its relaxing not crowded, and they have amazing burgers. Front desk is was not in the front, had to yell to get their attention. Overall the rooms are very clean

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
houston
Reviewed November 4, 2009

I stayed there on the weekly rate,so had to leave 100 deposit.when i checked out they said the deposit was added to the rent.The service at the front desk was bad (no one ever there).And forget about the wifi,it doesnt work.Dont wast your money!

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
california
Reviewed October 20, 2009

The first room that they gave us had just been sprayed with something to what mask we think was a smoke smell and it just took our breathe away when we walked in. Everything was dated and not very clean. The second room they gave us was even worse. The carpet was not even tacked to the floor it had about a one inch gap. There were cheerios on the floor of a room that had been "cleaned" and when I took the spread off something had spilled on the blanket in a long streak. One of the worst I have seen. It was advertised to be airport close but was fifteen miles away and the shuttle didn't start until six in the morning. We just left and went straight to another hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
LufkinTexas
Reviewed June 14, 2009

There are 3 major factors that I consider when booking with a hotel. Location, price and wi-fi internet. The location was good, right on I 45. The price was excellent, only $60 per night! The free internet service however, it didn't exist. I called the front desk and asked why I couldn't get a signal in my room and all they could say was, "Well its working here at the front desk!" Well that didn't help me at all! Other than this I have no real complaints.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Florida
Reviewed April 28, 2009

I travel a lot and staying at the Ramada Inn North was possibly one of the worst experiences I've ever had. First of all I was promised the airport shuttle would be available...and when I called to schedule it they said no problem, it would come every hour. As a woman travelling alone these things are important to know. My flight got in at 8:30, the shuttle arrived @ 9:45 pm! By the time we arrived t the hotel, the dining was closed. Then I was told the dining room was only open when there were enough guests to make it feasible. No, there is no continental breakfast. The pool was completely green. There as no water in the fitness room....and I ended up being overcharged after all that! Nothing in the business center worked.

Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Scotland
Reviewed March 11, 2009

Not very close to Houston George Bush Int Airport, and traffic can be difficult at times in that area. The hotel was ok, but not outstanding and is of the motel type of hotel with outside corridors, but handy for parking the car outside. The dining room was closed due to lack of guests, but we had an excellent dinner in the bar. The hotel is tired, but was clean and did the job as we had to be at the airport fairly early in the morning

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Maryland
Reviewed November 24, 2008

I hate to write that a hotel is terrible, but I can't find another way to rate this one.

The Room

The room had an odor I could not place. It was awful. The fold out chair was broken (would not close). When I woke up in the morning the water was not working. I called the front desk. When the phone was finally answered on the other end the clerk stated, "15 minutes." When I asked what he was talking about he rudely informed me that the water was broken.

The staff

The front desk staff I already mentioned. The wait staff at the hotel's restaurant seemed as if they didn't care about anyone.

Finally, when I called in to the hotel to get directions they gave me the WRONG directions. They didn't know how to tell me to get to their hotel from the I-45 interstate.

Stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)