“Drugs, hookers and a shamrock green pool” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Americas Best Value Inn I-45 North Houston
Ranked #431 of 501 Hotels in Houston
NYNY
“Drugs, hookers and a shamrock green pool”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

This place should be condemned. I stayed 3 nights with no hot water. They have a no refund policy, so be warned. The room stunk like rotting meat and cheap perfume, the sheets did not fit the bed and the 1 towel I did have should have been tossed out 25 years ago. There was never any ice and there was some crazy doped up old lady with 2 small dogs that walked around in her bathrobe and slippers that thought because she loves her dogs everyone else should as well. She let them crap on the sidewalks and it was never picked up. Every single time without fail on the way to my car I would be hit up for money or cigarettes. I watched several drug dealers work with full immunity from the staff. The place is gross to say the very least. Another big negative is that it is not an American owned/ran motel, which explains everything.

Room Tip: Anyplace but here!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Adraina P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed one night here. It's cheap but it's not worth the money you save. Checked in front desk was ok room looked ok at frist. They have roaches, no phones, if your room has no bath towels you have to walk back to front desk and get your own. And the biggest deal breaker was NO HOT WATER & your wasting your time complaining cuz there's no refund they tell you that up front. So stay next door at super 8 save yourself the trouble & frustration. I will never stay there again !!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank truckergale
Houston, Texas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Staying here now, i'm 6'3 and a bodybuilder so i'm not overly scared for my safety but there are some seedy individuals who i assume live here. It's white trash bonanza and the pool looks like a cat fish pond. Oh and had no maid service after 4 days i finally complained one came today 6 days after i checked in.. cheap but scary and bad service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Robert B
Dunedin, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

I was put into this hotel by United Airlines last week for an overnite due to a flight delay. They gave me a voucher for a place called "Park Inn and Suites" and told me to call them for a shuttle to their hotel. I looked up the hotel online and it looked pretty nice! Got their phone umber off their webpage and called their main number for a shuttle. The phone was answered "Park Inn". I told the woman who answered that I was at the Houston airport at baggage claim and how might I get a shuttle. She got quite irate at me immediately and told me that I and everyone else would just have to be patient and we should just quit calling and look for the white van, which was supposed to come around every few minutes. She further told me to look around and find the other impatient people waiting and get them to quit calling and just wait. Needless to say, I was quite taken aback by her tone and her words.
I chalked it up to her having a tough nite and went out to wait for the shuttle. After about 15 minutes, a white van labeled "Ramada". the driver stopped and got out and asked if I was going to the Park Inn, and when I said yes, told me this was the van. That might explain why people could not find the van in the first place, as it was labeled "Ramada" and we were told to look for a "white van" which we assumed would be labaled "Park Inn".
Nonetheless, the guy was polite and helpful, picked me up and several others at different baggage claim doors, and took us to the hotel. When he drove up, the hotel was indeed "Ramada" and several of us asked why we were there when we were to go to the Park Inn. The reply was that it was the same hotel. We were told that again at check in, so we all checked in.
The whole hotel was pretty seedy looking - uncared for with peeling lettering on indoor signs, a musty smell to everything including the lobby and halls, and a VERY shabby room with very old tube type TV and in need of lots of repair.
instead of the "Sam Houston Steakhouse the website had touted, the only restaurant was a space open to the lobby with a bunch of tables and a buffet line that had coffee, salt and pepper and not much else. The tables had white tablecloths that were stained from prior diners, and nothing else except a vase with fake flowers.
The single wait person brought a menu and was attentive enough. I ordered a T-bone steak and soup with bakjed potato. Worst steak I've had in years - fatty and very low quality and not cheap at $19.
I asked about dessert and was told with a snicker they don't do dessert there.
The room, which was decently clean, at least was musty and the AC was not working, though at least the bed was very comfy. Shower worked well.
Went down for their included breakfast buffet and it was really quite awful - dead steam table food and not much to choose from. No condiments out for either meal, too. Gave up and went to the airport 2 hours earlier than planned just to get a decent meal and some non-musty air.
After leaving the hotel, I did find out that the two hotels are not the same. The Park Inn is quite nice and is in a totally different location. The airline may not even know they were sold the old "bait and switch" - gave their customers a nite at Park Inn and customers were swapped to a seedy dive.

Room Tip: Don't choose ANY room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank Sharon M
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

Stayed here for several nights when shifting jobs to Houston. Our new company had been using this place so that's where we ended up. Expected a lot more, but found it to be poorly maintained, dirty, and erratic service. Will not go into detail, rather just not recommend it.
To top it off we contacted Ramada HQ about the place and were told it was no longer a Ramada franchise despite the Ramada Trade Mark being used in their signage etc. Be warned - no comeback with the Ramada HQ, they did not want to know.

Room Tip: Anywhere else!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Mike O
boulder city
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

The rooms are passable but the service and food at the 'restaurant' is horrible. We barely got the rude young man behind the counter to take our order and then we were told that they did not have "this or this or this" on the menu, which meant we had 3 choices of bad food. When we went to pay he told us he could not give us the bill and we would have to wait 10 minutes! He was not busy, just stood there and told other customers the same thing. We tried to complain at the front desk but the manager was not in.

Room Tip: Lots of luck!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BoulderCityGypsey1
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

My husband was bringing me back to Austin to be with our two boys and we decided to stay in Houston for at least a few days so my husband could potentially find a job. We lived in Cypress for a few years and LOVE the Cypress, Spring, Humble, 1960 area. We got an incredible rate compared to ANYTHING you could hope to find near Oak Hill (SW Austin) and we were completely thrilled with our entire stay. Hassain, Shiraz, Maneer, Chima, Ali, Josh, Jessica, Cash, are among some of the people we were acquainted with and although the phones are down temporarily, we were able to make a lot of new friends and contacts. The room was clean. Microwave, refrigerator included. King size bed, nice restrooms. Nobody bothered you. It was truly like living in an apartment. Very cool experience. If we end up back in Houston and need to stay somewhere again, I would absolutely want to stay there. Ali asked me too! :) www.linkedin.com/in/bridgettaylorvoiceovers

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple