“The hotel is great. The best part was a man I believe whose...”

Wyndham Houston West Energy Corridor
Ranked #71 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel is great. The best part was a man I believe whose name was James. I was leaving to go home and had alot in my hands but could manage, He insisted on helping me, relieving me of everything. he was beyond nice and pleasant to speak with. James is exceptional!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
GeneralManager46501, General Manager at Wyndham Houston West Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for sharing this wonderful feedback and acknowledging James!

He is an asset to this hotel and we are thankful to have him on our team!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Wyndham Houston West Energy Corridor Hotel in 2014!

Happy New Year!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,366)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel lived up to my expectations and more. I had set up a shuttle to pick me up and take me to the airport with the concierge James Hudson. He gave me his phone number and I was able to do it over the phone since I was running late that morning. Then in the afternoon I was stuck in traffic and sent Mr. Hudson a message saying I may not make and to see if he could hold the shuttle. He wasn't even at the hotel anymore but he called the front desk for me and had them try and hold the shuttle. I was very late however and the shuttle couldn't wait, but when I arrived I find a limo waiting for me ready to go to the airport. Mr. Hudson called the service for me just in case I missed the shuttle. Without him I would have no doubt missed my flight and in turn missed the wedding I was flying home to attend. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager46501, General Manager at Wyndham Houston West Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for providing this wonderful feedback regarding James Hudson from your recent stay!

WOW! What a story!!

James does not hesitate to go above and beyond the call of duty whether he is at work or at his leisure as he is 100% committed to providing Wyndham's Count On Me Service Culture to each an every guest he encounters!

We will be sure to recognize James for his efforts as he is an incredible asset for Wyndham!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I would say this is an average hotel with a great staff. Everyone was very friendly especially the concierge/bellman department. It is a bit far from both airports but conveniently located off the highway. The restaurant service was a bit slow at times but it was quite busy when I was there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager46501, General Manager at Wyndham Houston West Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Thank you for this feedback from your recent stay!

I am happy to report that we are nearing completion of our renovation and look forward to welcoming you back to the newly renovated Wyndham Houston West Energy Corridor Hotel!

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The staff was great, room was clean and cozy. Only issue I ran across was that the ice maker on 19 was broken. Minor issue considering all the rest. I will definitely stay here again on my upcoming visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback from your recent stay!

We apologize for any inconvenience due to the 19th floor ice maker not working while you were here.

We have since had this corrected but appreciate your bringing this to our attention!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Two things most important to me in a hotel stay are service and comfort. This Wyndham is definitely welcoming. Mr. James Hudson, the concierge, was extremely friendly and so efficient. I liked him immediately. We left some items in the room and he had them in the process of returning them to us the same day we left. We also met Ms. Edna, Housekeeping Manager, and Ms. Dionne in the shop. Both ladies were very pleasant to visit with and do business with. I would definitely recommend this Wyndham to my friends and family.

Room Tip: We were in the area of Katy, TX near the Katy Mills Mall.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for this wonderful feedback!

We are always thrilled to read about specific associates that our guest encounter during their stay and you mention 3 very valuable associates!

We appreciate them and their efforts day in and day out!

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had a pretty poor experience at this hotel to say the least. Presentation is everything and I was not impressed with the layout of the room or the cleanliness, the tub had a dirt ring around it and the toilet was filthy, my duvet had hard dry spots on it which smelled like bleach. Not to mention the inappropriate conversations I heard being discussed in the hallway between the maids. Ever heard of professionalism? The one good thing about my stay was the room service, the steak and potatoes were AWSOME!

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for providing this feedback from your recent stay!

We are dissappointed to learn that your room did not meet your expectations. Thankfully, we are addressing many of your concerns through our renovations that are well under way.

We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed yor In Room Dining experience and the Steak and Potatoes!!

We look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you in the future and showcase our newly renovated hotel!

Reviewed June 20, 2013