“Robert - Noel - management”

Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #363 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Gulf Fwy. I have to say that Robert on the front desk was awesome very personable and caring for my needs. He helped me with my car rental return and went above and beyond with a smile and very polite. I even explained to him at check-out that I spoke with management regarding 2 things one was the air conditioning kept going on and off and the other oh well not to mention, I told him he did more for me than management. This is not what I am used to with any Holiday Inn. He was amazing he needs to be in management for sure. He brings a lot to the hotel. Then there is NOEL he is the van driver he picked me up after I returned my rental and then took me to a restaurant which was packed then to the bakery. He was awesome polite, personable. He needs to be put in a different part of the Holiday Inn he has so much to offer you. I wanted for nothing with both gentleman. They took care me and I was so happy to have met two great guys who really know customer service traveling alone they made me feel so comfortable and taken care of. The Manager should acknowledge them both. Then are great employees and go above and beyond their call of duty. Way to go guys. Nothing was too small for them. the customers come first. Three Holiday Inn's in 1 week, Noel and Robert you guys rock. thank you

Room Tip: service was rated on Robert and Noel only. It is an okay hotel. But you can not walk around there if...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Antonia W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear d r, Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express. However, we are the full service Holiday Inn and we will be sure to pass along your kind comments to the Holiday Inn Express. Thank You, Antonia W., Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Gosh, where to begin? The room was bad. As soon as we walked in the strong smell of mildew hit us. I think it was the carpet, and it reeked. Every time we left the room and returned, that smell hit us full force. Gross! The a/c didn't blow crisply cold, even when I turned the temp down. The bathroom shower drain was severely clogged. Nobody likes standing in ankle deep dirty water while they're showing. Again - gross! We ordered dessert through room service and it sucked. My chocolate cake tasted like a refrigerator. Breakfast is not complimentary, and many similarly priced hotels do offer complimentary breakfast. We ate in the restaurant, and it was overpriced and not great. We should have made the short drive to Taco Cabana or IHOP instead. If you forget any toiletries, you have to purchase them from the hotel. Again, many similarly priced hotels will supply you with basic toiletries free of charge. We will definitely not be back.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear lilypad000, Thank you for taking time to write a review about your most recent stay. We clearly fell short of your expectations and sincerely apologize for this as we try to provide the best possible customer service. We appreciate and value your feedback as this allows us the opportunity to identify areas in which need more attention. We are a working progress and continue to make improvements in areas identified. We have addressed and implemented plans to correct some of the issues you experienced. We do have a maintenance engineer on site until 11 p.m each night and are experienced to work on many issues to include any problems with air conditioning units and plumbing to mention a few. We also offer rates which include breakfast at a discounted price and although our sundaries shop does sell items like deoderant, razors and etc., we also offer free toiletries like toothpaste, toothbrushes, deoderant, mouthwash, soap and etc. which can been provided upon request. We apologize as we feel you may not have been aware of these aformentioned things and hope it will be helpful if you should allow us to be your host again the next time you find your self in the Houston area. Best Regards, Antonia W., Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

A recent stay will be my last. From the poor customer service to the room worn out, no tissues anywhere in the room or bath, a bathroom door with barely enough opening space to get inside, a tub with outdated water control's and inconsistent / unreliable shuttle service. ....you can do much better tban the Holiday Inn at hobby airport

• Stayed: July 2013
Antonia W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear statmans, We would thank you for the time you took out of your schedule to write a review about your most recent stay with us. Providing the best possible experience for our guests is something we highly promote and we would like to offer you our sincere apology as we clearly fell short of meeting your your expectations. We would like to assure you that we take comments from our guests, whether they positive or negative, very seriously and your complaints are currently being reviewed with the respective departments. When our guests gives us feedback related to issues they experienced then we like to look at those comments as areas for improvement, so with that being said we would like to thank you once again in helping us to identify areas in which may require more attention. Although there are some things we cannot change, i.e., the size of our guests bathrooms we hope that the next time you may find yourself in Houston that you would allow us to be your host as we are a working progress. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel. In the meantime, wishing you many safe travels. Best Regards, Antonia W., Guest Relations Specialist.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I did a training seminar in one this hotel's conference rooms and had a sleeping room for three nights. The hotel itself from staff to sleeping room was excellent. But we had issues as the meeting room we were given fell far below acceptable standards for a hotel. The meeting room floor was sticky to the point we had to put a table cloth over that area but that's not the most disturbing part. Half of the conference room chairs in the meeting room were in disrepair with the vinyl peeling off these chairs. One of the trainees in the seminar joked that we must have gone bargain basement with the room to save money. In addition, the small lounge/restaurant was very limited in both food and drink selection with dreary lighting and a strong musty - stale odor to it. So I would give the staff and sleeping room an "A" and the lounge & meeting room a "D" - so an average rating total

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Antonia W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear scottop, Thank you for the time you took to write a review about your experience during your most recent stay with us. We were glad to hear that you felt our staff and sleeping rooms were excellent. We apologize for the issues you had experienced with one of our meeting rooms as we fell below your expectations. We value our guests comments and any input that they may have related to area's in need for improvement as this gives us opportunities to make changes needed which would be more accommodating for our guests. We are currently looking at bids to have the chairs in that particular meeting room re-upholstered. Once again, we thank you for your feedback and hope to be your host anytime you find yourself in the Houston area. Best Regards, Antonia W., Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Over the last two and a half years I have stayed in more hotels than I had stayed in my entire life. I have stayed at everything from a Hilton to a Motel 6 all over the state of Texas. The Holiday Inn Hobby Airport Staff from the front desk to the ladies working the breakfast buffet to the folks working the bar and room service, I have not ever been treated as well as I have at the Houston Holiday Inn Hobby Airport. The staff goes out of their way to make your stay feel like you are at home not a hotel. The food on the breakfast buffet is by far the best of all the hotels I have stayed at, and the food in the Boulevard Grill rates with the better restaurants in Houston. I am a insulin dependent diabetic and heed to keep my insulin in a refrigerator, since asking for a refrigerator and having it placed on my profile I have never asked for a refrigerator again. Again, the staff at the Holiday Inn Hobby Airport is top notch and considered to be more like family and not staff other hotels could definitely take lessons from these folks. In regards to the question, when did I travel the correct answer in twelve months out of the year.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Antonia W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Trey Hermann H, Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write such a positive review about your recent stay with us!!! Going out of our way to ensure our guests expectations are fully met is something we emphasize. We were pleased to hear that not only did you feel our staff and services were top notch but it also created a feeling of being at home. Our home stye cooked breakfast buffet is good as well as our dinner menu and we were thrilled that you enjoyed all your meals here!!! We would love to be your host anytime you find yourself in the Houston Area. Until then, wishing you many safe travels from all of us at the Holiday Inn Hobby Airport!! Sincerely, Antonia W., Guest Relations Specialist.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here for two nights and I booked through hotwire.com. Got great rates and found the amenities great. They had an ironing board and iron in the room, they also had a blow dryer. They had complimentary toiletries which is awesome. The room was a little small, but it is an airport hotel so not really meant to be too lavish. The room was pretty clean, only thing was we found a do-rag under the bed (ew). The staff was super great, friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again. Overall this was a great stay. Did I mention free parking? Yes, FREE PARKING.

Room Tip: I would suggest not to pick a room near the pool as there are noisy kids and the pool is open late.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Antonia W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Evelyn G., Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write a review about your most recent stay with us. We appreciate feedback from our guest as it allows us to recognize areas in which we are meeting expectations as well as areas in need for improvement. We were pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us!! We do our best in providing amenities in which our guests would find most accommodating. Your kind comments have been shared with our team. We trust that you will return to be our guest again the next time you find yourself in the Houston area. Sincerely, Antonia W., Guest Relations Specialist.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Generally you don't expect much from Holiday Inn's... However the less you expect, the more you will be satisfied.. As was the case here... We checked in and right away we were treated great and the room was super clean and super modern!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Antonia W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear HONdominik, Thank you for taking time to write such a pleasant review about your recent stay with us. We strive to make sure our guest's have the best possible experience during their stay, from the time they check-in until the time they check-out. We were thrilled to hear that we had met your expectations during your stay and your comments have been shared with our team. We would like to welcome you back and allow us to be your host again anytime your travel plans bring you back to the Houston area!! Best Regards, Antonia W., Guest Relations Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Best Western Plus Hobby Airport Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
Courtyard Houston Hobby Airport
Comfort Suites Hobby Airport Houston
DoubleTree by Hilton Houston Hobby Airport
0 mi away
Days Inn Killeen Fort Hood

Been to Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport? Share your experiences!