Holiday Inn Houston - NRG/Medical Center Area
$181
$161
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$88
$139
$105
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsnrg stadiummedical centertexans gameattending an eventshuttle servicehotel restaurantcommon areaswould stay againfree shuttlehotel staffchecking inreliantrodeokirbyandersonlivestockrates
Reviewed March 31, 2009

Luckily I got this hotel through Priceline for a very good price, otherwise I would have been very upset...bottom line...you get what you pay for! The room smelled so bad that I went out and bought a candle to disguise the odor. It had a very strong mildew smell....BAD! We ordered room service and the food was terrible. The salad tasted like soap...yuck. There were a lot of complaints about the ac unit being loud and that was not a problem for us because it was cold enough that we just turned it off. There was a storm the night we stayed and the electricity went out also. On a good note, the hotel appeared to be clean and the beds were comfortable enough. We were so ready to get away from the smell here that we checked out and checked into another hotel. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2009

This hotel needs a little renovating. It's in a great location and close to the highway and various restaurants. Parking is good but the rooms are a little old. My room was spacious but the ac/heater was loud and only one outlet in the room worked for plugging in things. Internet was free and the satff was very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Sista_Traveler
Reviewed December 22, 2008

This hotel was not good. First my room smelled of urine, I did get them to come up and spray but the smell came back. I called the front desk and asked to speak to the manager. When she picked up the phone she said "talk to me". I thought that was not very professional. I told her my room smells and I would like a can of air freshner so that I could spray periodically. She said no problem, but it never came.

The hotel bar and lounge had very unfreindly people. The food was aweful (french fries were good) and the waitress took it upon herself to add a 18% tip, and no we were not a large party. Also charged us for something that we did not order. We would have never known this, but when we got our bill from the hotel in the morning it seemed kinda steep, so we requested an itemized bill. They did correct the bill. I told the manager about my smelly room and never receiving the air freshner. She seemed the list bit concerned.

I have stayed in many hotels, and have never had a bad experience until this one. If you are looking for covenience then then you might want to stay, otherwise fear and run!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2008

The hotel staff was really nice except for when the front desk attendent asked me when I was due and I am not pregnant! Our room was gorgeous with an exxceptional view. We loved the stay the only other problem we had was that our room smelled very sour and the hallway was extremely hot!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2008

We were in town for the big Reliant dog show this summer. I appreciate the hotel allowing dogs to stay with us as it is getting harder & harder to find hotels that allow dogs to stay overnight. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was nice & clean.

There was a sudden pile up of people checking in and after a few minutes, someone must have called in extra people because all of the sudden, there were about 4 extra people checking us in. It was very nice to see a response like that especially since we were all tired from driving and it was hot outside.

My only complaint is that the elevator doors shut very quickly!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends