“Tonights stay was no longer about price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #426 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Tonights stay was no longer about price”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My co-worker and I had been on opposite ends of the Motel 6 next door and both found bugs in our bed when we finally turned in for the night. So after checking out there I was not wanting to go too far so I just walked across the parking lots and checked in at the Quality Inn.

This place past my basic walk through and I did get a good nights sleep. The front desk was pleasant both check in and check out.

Did find two minor issues. First one of the wall lights didn’t work … because the outlet it is supposed to plug into is being used by the microwave and fridge. (This looks like a ‘set-up’ issue that should have been taken care of when the appliances were added.) Second was the bathroom fan was loose from the wall by about four inches.

I have stayed in places I would not have even mentioned these two items, but I hold the Quality Inn to a higher standard … AND after reading reviews of when they used to occupy the Motel 6 building next door, this location does seem to have it’s issues. I don’t have the dates but it looks like this motel used to be the Baymont and the the Quality Inn used to be where the Motel 6 is now, this move may have just happened this spring, 2013.

I’m not advising people not to stop here, just make sure you check things out when you get your room. These were not issues that would make me stay elsewhere, but others have different standards.

Do wish I wouldn’t have had to leave so early, besides the basic breakfast, they had scrambled eggs and bacon … but I had to run.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Calgary
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed here a week on a business trip and I am still in shock at what a fabulous hotel this is considering the very low price. The rooms are large, clean and new. All the service staff from the shuttle driver to the front desk to the cleaning and breakfast staff are very friendly and helpful. Yes and did I say that they even have a free shuttle from the airport? Amazing!

The breakfast is also pretty good. I had the DIY waffles one day and Toast with all the trimmings the next day and cereal the following day. You have to stay here to believe it. Best price for sure and best service.

Room Tip: Rooms are great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HOUSTON
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The hotel was clean and affordable. The location was appopriate for my needs. The internet speed was OK but not outstanding

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Arlington
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The room was clean and very quiet at night. I especially like all the amenities this hotel offers in the rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business