2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$151
Expedia.com$151
Lol.travel$183
1,471 results
All reviews double tree front desk room service galleria mall full kitchen great stay great customer service pinky valet renovation
Selected filters
Reviewed July 29, 2019

I took my family on a weekend vacation. We went that afternoon to Galveston and decided to stay in Houston for the rest of the weekend. After leaving Galveston we went to the hotel, upon arrival I stepped up to the check in everything was going well until they told me a different price than what it showed online. I questioned this and was told that I had to pay a deposit for incidental charges, this was going to ruin my whole plan for my daughter's birthday. The person at the counter rudely told me it says so in my confirmation. I looked at my confirmation and it says you may be charged a deposit in the small fine print that almost matches the background of my email nor does it tell me how much it will be. Either add it to the price while setting up a stay or don't have it at all. This did not set well with me or my family and we ended up having to cut our vacation to one night instead of two. Watch out for the hidden fees and rude staff at this hotel..

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
hotel_mgmt_team_365, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Houston by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2019

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us for your getaway, Chris, and we are very sorry to learn that you were caught off guard by the credit card authorization upon arrival. Like most hotels, we do take a temporary authorization for incidentals, and we share this on our website as well as third-party booking sites so that there will be no surprises. This authorization is not a charge or part of your total stay, and the unused portion of the authorization is released at check-out. Again, we do regret that this was unexpected and caused you to change your plans, and we do hope to have another chance to win you over with a more enjoyable experience the next time here in Houston.

The DoubleTree

Reviewed July 29, 2019

great hotel and location but parking was a nightmare. 19 floors on hotel and 3 on parking with ONLY 3 handicapped parking spots total. Had to park on 3rd floor and walk down 3 flights of stairs and I am handicapped

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your hotel stay, John, though we sincerely regret that our parking was not ideal for your needs. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, and while we do offer valet parking services, please rest assured that we will address your comments with our parking garage partners to ensure a better experience going forward. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2019

My husband and I stayed here for three nights in July. A few issues we noticed were that the hallways smell very musty. The place needs new carpeting badly. The smell never changed but was pretty obvious when you get off the elevator. The parking fees are rather high but are in a parking garage in the parking lot. The parking garage was dirty and full of trash, including the stairwells. Somebody should be checking this regularly, but obviously it's not happening as I stepped in someone else's dinner plates not once but twice when I got out of the car. The rooms are not very well-lit and are in need of updates. The bathroom still had a tub and shower curtain and water pressure was lacking. You could hear your neighbor's conversations through the vents in the bathroom and this was rather loud, at least on the 21st floor where we were, and you could hear this into the bedroom area. There is an executive lounge--HOWEVER, it is closed on weekends. Not sure why? So we were not able to take advantage of that service while we were there.
I am not sure why so many people say this place is fabulous and whatnot. It is not up to Hilton standards I am used to seeing and was sadly disappointing. (I have noticed this has been the trend lately with the Doubletree hotels I have stayed at while on business). The kitchen area did have a refrigerator which was nice. But the whole kitchenette was dark and dated.
Be aware--there is only ONE ICEMAKER in the entire hotel. There is not an icemaker on every floor or every other floor--there is ONE. For EVERYONE to use.
The final straw was that our room continuously smelled like stale cigarette smoke. Every time we came back to the room we'd have to open the door to the balcony so we could get some fresh air. My husband and I sneezed the entire time we were in the room. We won't be back.

Room tip: Get a room on the backside of the hotel not facing the front which is where the busy road is.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
hotel_mgmt_team_365, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Houston by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

Dear Sharon,

We are very sorry to learn that you were disappointed in your stay, and we wish that we had known of your comments during your visit so that we could have ensured a more enjoyable experience. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel, and rest assured, we will certainly address the smell you noted in your room, as well as the hallway, right away. As many of our guests are light sleepers and can be disturbed by ice machines, we do have ours located away from guest rooms on the second floor. Historically, this has not been an issue for us, especially since one half of our hotel is made up of suites which have full-sized refrigerators with ice trays for the freezer, and we apologize if this caused any inconvenience during your stay. We further appreciate your additional remarks, and we will address your comments with our team as well as our parking garage partners to ensure a better experience going forward.

Reviewed July 26, 2019 via mobile

My family & I stayed July 20-24th. Lovely hotel. I would like to commend Charles in the hotel lobby & Alyssa at the front desk for their Houston hospitality! We rented a car to drive to to Minute Maid Park & NASA and it was wonderful to self park. The pool is excellent and the staff is kind and knowledgeable. Great location as well!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank prmom

Thank you for your kind words regarding Charles and Alyssa’s friendly service. We so enjoyed having you with us, and we are delighted to learn that you had such a wonderful time here in the Galleria area. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2019

Great location near Galleria and friendly staff. However they don't advise you of the parking fees. You can self-park for $27/day or use valet for $32+/day. Getting into the hotel lot and then parking garage can be hassle. The walk from hotel to parking garage is not covered, putting you out in the elements. Texas heat in the summer with the Houston humidity can be brutal.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
hotel_mgmt_team_365, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Houston by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2019

We are glad to read that our friendly staff made you feel right at home, and that our location just steps away from world-class shopping and dining at the Galleria Mall was perfect for your trip to Houston. We do apologize that our parking rates caught you off guard. As you noted, we do offer both self and valet parking options at rates similar or less than other area hotels, and we share these on our website as well as on third-party booking sites. While with valet parking you can leave your car with our team just outside our lobby doors, our self-parking garage is just a short walk away, and we invite guests to drop their bags and other belongings with our doormen prior to parking to make this experience a little more seamless. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and we hope to have another opportunity to impress you even more on your next trip to Houston.