“Great place to be on a cold night”

Four Seasons Hotel Houston
Ranked #19 of 511 Hotels in Houston
“Great place to be on a cold night”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We decided to attend the annual auto show at the last minute and had no problems making an online reservation. It also turned out to be one of the coldest nights for Houston with freezing rain and ice on the roads. We decided to dine at the hotel rather than risk going outside. As always the service and attention to detail exceeded our expectations. All our meals were delicious. The wine and lobby bar are both great places to have a drink before and after dinner. Our suite was clean, quiet and comfortable. All of the staff were helpful and attentive.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for three nights while attending a conference and enjoyed the stay, but I have a few things to say.

My room was on the 4th floor on the end near the pool area (408) and I had to walk through the gym area to get to my room, which I did not like at all. However, since I was only there for a few days and it wasn't during the peak season, I chose not to request a different room. I thought it was odd to have the gym and spa area in the middle with guest rooms around it.

One of the elevators was under maintenance and this was inconvenient when trying to get to the conference on time because of the crowds of people from other activities going on in the hotel.

Finally, I had the concierge call and make reservations at the seafood restaurant The Reef and they said the hotel car would take us and it would be within 15 mins. Well, it took 40 minutes and it appeared that the individuals outside the hotel helping guests with transportation and the driver seemed to be confused as to who was supposed to be picked up. It was a little annoying, but I moved on. :-)

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, do not get a room near the gym, spa or pool area.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Oakhurst
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I would stay nowhere else. Count on being treated like royalty when you visit. The staff is amazing. They go way out of their way to make sure everything is to your utmost satisfaction. You will not be sorry staying here. I will only stay at Four Seasons Hotel Houston.

Room Tip: We were on the 18th floor in the deluxe executive suite with a fantastic view of Houston.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Plano, Texas
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This was my third time to stay in this Four Seasons. Each time has been outstanding. Every request was granted - an extended checkout time, extra towels, quieter room, etc. The beds are so comfortable and the bathroom is huge. The towels and robes are ultra soft. The only hint - give yourself extra time to retrieve your car if you use the hotel in/out valet service. It can get extremely busy at times. The location is perfect if you have business at the convention center. I stay here when I run the Houston marathon and it is an ideal distance.

Room Tip: Call ahead with your request. I"ve stayed here multiple times. My requests have always been hon...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Not your typical Four Seasons, but compared to about a year ago, they've done a lot of upgrades so now a bit closer to most of its sisters. Very large sleeping rooms with as always extremely comfortable Four Seasons beds and linens. Thick, comfy towels and large bathrooms. Great service. Meeting space is great, banquet food was delicious. Definitely a good buy for the money for a Four Seasons.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Sugar Land, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This luxury hotel is located at the southern end of the downtown area of Houston. It is located just a couple of blocks away from the George R. Brown Convention Center and the Toyota Center (home of the Houston Rockets, Houston's NBA franchise). A magnificent restaurant is located on the third floor of this hotel, Quattro, featuring a wide variety of Italian influenced dishes.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We are quickly becoming Four Seasons hotels/resorts brand loyalists!

After spending 8 nights at their location on Hawaii's Big Island "Four Season Hualalai" you would understand why (that resort should be on everyone's bucket list).

We are well traveled and so are our 3 children: current ages of 10 (twins) and a 7 year old. The Four Seasons makes 1st class family travel a pleasure. It's nice to find a brand who embraces traveling families rather than considering children a 'problem.' In addition - the Four Seasons knows how to cater to adults only as well!

Here are our thoughts regarding the downtown Houston location:

1. Heart of downtown - right across from the Toyota Center. Not just great for business but fun on weekends for families especially if attending a basketball game, concert, etc. Two different professional basketball teams were staying at the hotel the weekend we were there it my kids had fun spotting the players and speaking to them.

2. It does need a modern update --- even the font used on its name on the outside of the building is very outdated. It's NOT in bad shape - just seems 'old' and 'tired.' It reminds me of an old European hotel in style.

3. The rooms are great (a bit 'tired' looking) -- the beds are super comfortable, the bathroom amenities are great, very clean, etc.

4. We are AMEX Platinum holders and enjoy using the extras when going to The Four Seasons. We got an upgrade for our room, the kids had a snack when we walked into the room, and we got $85 toward dinner and free breakfasts. The hotel did make a mistake with our room but the manager, Matthew, was very understanding and we were taken care of with Four Seasons' excellent customer service.

5. Our wedding anniversary was the same week and my husband asked Quattro (restaurant) to do something and the manager of Quattro (we believe, Paul) went above and beyond after we had dinner with our kids.

6. Quattro: my kids and I had breakfast the first morning at Quattro's on AMEX (my husband was at a CME meeting). It was so GOOD! I had this whole wheat tortilla/quesadilla with eggs and fresh avocado. It was so simple and delicious! My kids loved their food, too. That night we had dinner at Quattro (only restaurant) and it was good, too. Our waiter was amazing - I wish I could remember his name. Note that although AMEX states an appetizer, entree, and dessert for 2 -- it's really just an $85 credit. Lastly, we had Sunday Brunch with our kids and it was excellent - an amazing amount of food that was all excellent. Our only complaint was that the roasted chicken was a bit dry. Plan on spending a couple of hours at this brunch - also included are some delicious fresh juices - don't forget to ask for some!

7. Kids: when you arrive, your children will get to choose between a stuffed horse or armadillo...so cute. They will find some food treats in your hotel room as well.

8. The gym is very nice and the pool is heated and on the same level. Great place to workout. Hint: always some fruit/tea/coffee and water bottles located in the gym!

Overall, we recommend this hotel - just wish the owners would update the look a bit. I'm sure it's great for business travelers due to its location.

Just my husband and I will return in February to attend the Sting/Paul Simon concert. We can't wait!

Enjoy.