“A Wonderful Weekend in Downtown Houston”

Four Seasons Hotel Houston
Ranked #19 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This luxury hotel is located at the southern end of the downtown area of Houston. It is located just a couple of blocks away from the George R. Brown Convention Center and the Toyota Center (home of the Houston Rockets, Houston's NBA franchise). A magnificent restaurant is located on the third floor of this hotel, Quattro, featuring a wide variety of Italian influenced dishes.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Houston

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We are quickly becoming Four Seasons hotels/resorts brand loyalists!

After spending 8 nights at their location on Hawaii's Big Island "Four Season Hualalai" you would understand why (that resort should be on everyone's bucket list).

We are well traveled and so are our 3 children: current ages of 10 (twins) and a 7 year old. The Four Seasons makes 1st class family travel a pleasure. It's nice to find a brand who embraces traveling families rather than considering children a 'problem.' In addition - the Four Seasons knows how to cater to adults only as well!

Here are our thoughts regarding the downtown Houston location:

1. Heart of downtown - right across from the Toyota Center. Not just great for business but fun on weekends for families especially if attending a basketball game, concert, etc. Two different professional basketball teams were staying at the hotel the weekend we were there it my kids had fun spotting the players and speaking to them.

2. It does need a modern update --- even the font used on its name on the outside of the building is very outdated. It's NOT in bad shape - just seems 'old' and 'tired.' It reminds me of an old European hotel in style.

3. The rooms are great (a bit 'tired' looking) -- the beds are super comfortable, the bathroom amenities are great, very clean, etc.

4. We are AMEX Platinum holders and enjoy using the extras when going to The Four Seasons. We got an upgrade for our room, the kids had a snack when we walked into the room, and we got $85 toward dinner and free breakfasts. The hotel did make a mistake with our room but the manager, Matthew, was very understanding and we were taken care of with Four Seasons' excellent customer service.

5. Our wedding anniversary was the same week and my husband asked Quattro (restaurant) to do something and the manager of Quattro (we believe, Paul) went above and beyond after we had dinner with our kids.

6. Quattro: my kids and I had breakfast the first morning at Quattro's on AMEX (my husband was at a CME meeting). It was so GOOD! I had this whole wheat tortilla/quesadilla with eggs and fresh avocado. It was so simple and delicious! My kids loved their food, too. That night we had dinner at Quattro (only restaurant) and it was good, too. Our waiter was amazing - I wish I could remember his name. Note that although AMEX states an appetizer, entree, and dessert for 2 -- it's really just an $85 credit. Lastly, we had Sunday Brunch with our kids and it was excellent - an amazing amount of food that was all excellent. Our only complaint was that the roasted chicken was a bit dry. Plan on spending a couple of hours at this brunch - also included are some delicious fresh juices - don't forget to ask for some!

7. Kids: when you arrive, your children will get to choose between a stuffed horse or armadillo...so cute. They will find some food treats in your hotel room as well.

8. The gym is very nice and the pool is heated and on the same level. Great place to workout. Hint: always some fruit/tea/coffee and water bottles located in the gym!

Overall, we recommend this hotel - just wish the owners would update the look a bit. I'm sure it's great for business travelers due to its location.

Just my husband and I will return in February to attend the Sting/Paul Simon concert. We can't wait!

Enjoy.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lewistexas
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Me and my wife had a great stay at the Four Seasons, great location and excellent rooms. The staff was very helpful. We were only there for one night to see a show across the street at the House of Blues.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The Four Seasons is spot on with taking care of you before you even arrive. The executive suite was very nice and we booked a weekend special that gave us 1 night free. Location was great, just a few blocks from the Toyota center. With lots of celebs there like the Mavericks team, Charles Barkley, Joe Rogan, we had fun celeb spotting, Also got my picture with Dana White in the mall that connects to hotel. He is awesome and always gracious with fans. Bar was popping after the fight and we thoroughly enjoyed our weekend.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Rooms no better than an average holiday inn...okay location, average attendant service, blah restaurant/bar..only2 poor pillows on an average bed with average towels and amenities that you can get at a holiday inn.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Philippe L, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to express your observations regarding your recent stay with us. Guest feedback is important to us as it's a guide for us to better serve our clients. However, it was certainly disappointing to learn of our failure to meet your expectations in many areas, and I wish to offer my sincerest regrets for your dissatisfaction. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to regain your confidence in Four Seasons Houston.
Kind regards,
Philippe Larrieu
Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed here for almost a week in November with the family while I was on a work trip. I was very impressed with the staff in general from the phone reservation to the reception and housekeeping. They were genuinely helpful and very family friendly, helping out my wife and kids while they were in the hotel. The popcorn gift for the kids was the highlight of their day after a 10-hour flight.

The hotel is smack in the middle of downtown Houston which is ideal for work. Beds were amazingly comfortable and the executive suite I was in was spacious and comfortable. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is definitely one of the best hotels that I have stayed in US. My room had a pool view and an entrance directly from my room. The best was very good. I really liked the in room facilities provided.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business