“Beyond the call of duty”

Four Seasons Hotel Houston
Ranked #19 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was taking my wife and mother to brunch on Mother's day 2013. Quattro was way over prescribed and since we, unfortunately, didn't have any reservations....they were unable to accomodate us.

Raul, the restaurant manager, apologized to my wife. Candidly, he had done nothing wrong. But he did go absolutely out of his way. He called a good friend who manages a very upscale restaurant in midtown Houston....and they squeezed us in at 10:45 am prior to their noon brunch avalanche.

We had a perfect mother's day brunch. The food and ambience were fabulous..and it all happened because Raul went the extra mile.

You don't find this type of customer service very often any more.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Houston

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have stayed here several times, most recently earlier this week. Sad to report this location is not of the same high quality level as others in the chain. The rooms are nice but a bit dated and not as big as you'd expect in Texas. There are few electrical outlets (inexcusable in this day and age where everything needs a charger) and 2 of my outlets didn't work. Instead of fixing them the hotel simply brought a powerstrip. The bathrooms are luxurious and include updated shower/bath combo. The bed was disappointing, not very firm. When I requested a firm foam pillow (tempurpedic) I was told that the hotel doesn't stock them. Really? All kinds of athletes and celebrities stay here and the hotel can't afford to stock a few high end $70 pillows?

To be fair the pillows may not have mattered as there is always a lot of street noise here. I was on the 6th Floor and could hear the freight trains passing through the night, as well as trucks and traffic noise. On a prior visit there was noise from people leaving the arena after night games, and even a concert at a nearby park. This is not a good location if you are a light sleeper as the windows are not soundproofed.

The staff was uniformly friendly and did their best with what they had. Alas the restaurant bar was closed Sunday evening (not sure why - people still need to eat) but room service was available and the food was great and priced better than you would expect. The hotel has free car service to downtown Houston which is another plus and will pick you up at the end of the day, too. The pool and exercise room are excellent, as others have noted.

Overall, this is not a bad place to stay, but certainly does not meet the standards you expect for a FS luxury property. Next time I visit Houston I will probably return to the Hyatt, which has a nice bar and Starbucks in the lobby and much less street noise.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Boraxo
Philippe L, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear guest,
We’re grateful for your candid feedback. We’ve shared your helpful comments regarding the electrical outlets, the tempurpedic pillows and the disturbing street noise with the appropriate managers. It wouldn’t be a bad idea for us to keep more of those items in stock. We greatly value this feedback, as it allows us an opportunity to make improvements where necessary.
Thank you again for your insight. Now that we know the areas that could have improved your experience, we will work diligently to ensure we meet these expectations on your next visit.
Kind regards,
Philippe Larrieu

Reviewed May 15, 2013

What a great place to be pampered! You can't walk through the front door without someone opening it for you. When we made reservations, they asked if we were celebrating anything. (our son graduating from law school) They upgraded our room to a suite so our other son would have his own space on a very comfortable pull out couch in the attached living room. The staff goes above and beyond to make everyone feel special. Kara was most helpful. From the bell hop to the pool staff, very attentive! High-class all the way! Definitely will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed just for 1 night. Lovely big room. Very comfy bed with excellent sleep quality. As I only stayed for 1 night I didnt get to check many of the facilities unfortunately. There are many decent restaurants close by so would recommend saving money by eating outside the hotel. I would return

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This hotel is an unusual Four Seasons; with views of parking lots, odd floor plans, and low ceilings, it struggles to feel special. There is only so much they can do, but some of the front desk staff try very hard to make up for the dumpy building in a poor location. Room service, not so much. The pool looks nice, but if the weather doesn't cooperate that's no help. My hope is someone builds a new hotel and this one becomes what it looks like, an Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Philippe L, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations from your recent stay at Four Seasons Houston. Please allow me to extend a sincere apology for the disappointment you felt regarding our hotel. As our hotel is located in the convention and entertainment district of downtown Houston within walking distance of the George R. Brown Convention Center, Minute Maid Park, and the Toyota Center, some of our hotel rooms regrettably overlook the parking lots that service these facilities.

While I am glad the front desk staff tried to accommodate your requests, I am concerned about your comment regarding your experience with Room Service. Our staff is typically a very dedicated and caring group of people devoted to pleasing our guests, and I welcome you to contact me directly at philippe.larrieu@fourseasons.com so you can share with me the details of your experience.

Warm Regards,
Philippe Larrieu

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed for 6 nights during a trade show. Great staff -- courteous, pleasant, determined to do anything they can for you. Check out Phoenicia Foods across the street -- I gained three pounds as a result of 1 or 2 visits each day!

Room Tip: More open views to the SE & SW
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The exterior may fool you, but the Four Seasons is every bit the luxury experience you want! The beds are heavenly and the little touches at the fantastic pool - chair and towel service, fluffy robes, complimentary smoothie samples and blueberry ice cubes make it so worth every penny! Not to mention the premium service from the valet, complimentary car to downtown and front desk. I went for my birthday weekend and they even sent up free truffles for me!
The location is great and you can walk to Discovery Park, Phoenicia Foods and many other places. 100% recommend for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple