“Birthday weekend getaway”

Ranked #19 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Dayton, Texas, United States
“Birthday weekend getaway”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Go to the Four seasons in downtown Houston on a birthday occasion and let them take care of you. You will be impressed. The service was outstanding from the valet to the front desk to the driver that took us to dinner. The weekend experience was top shelf.Thanks Four Season

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Im a business traveller, so thats my perspective on my 8 nights stay at this Four Season. Im usually a Hyatt-man, but since my last stay at the Hyatt in Houston was quite dissapointing, i tried out the Four Seasons this time.
Beeing away from my family a lot and often staying quite long periods at a time, Im looking for location, personalized service, and a bit of luxury in my hotels. And I would have to say that Four Seasons Houston really delivered.

Service; Everyone, and I mean everyone, from the doormen/woman, the reception, concierge, the barstaff, housekeeping and roomservice, to the Manager is dedicated to make your experience the best. They smile, they greet you, by name very often! They resolve any issues that you may have, solve any problems that may occcur. Just ask! And thats my best tip overall: Dont burn inside with any problems or wishes, express them and you will see that they will go the extra mile to help you.

Location: The hotel is situated perfectly downtown. The hotel car will bring you around downtown, the taxies que up just outside, So your never short of transportation,. ( The citys light-rail-metro runs very close also)

Rooms: I had a executive suite which did not stand back to other suites Ive stayed in. I really cant see the need for major rehabilitations that other reviewers have screamed about. The hotel is distingueshed and classic all the way.

Food: The breakfast is good, although pricey. The Sunday Brunch is worth a stay for itself. The dinners in Quattro is close to Michelin-quality.

Take my word for it: As a business traveller youre going to love it here.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the pool area. Ask for a quiet room away from the pool, and as high in the buliding...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ana S, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Houston, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
I wish to express my sincerest appreciation to you for taking the time to post your complimentary feedback regarding your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Houston. It was a great pleasure to receive such an overall positive assessment of the hotel, our staff, and their service levels. Please know that your thoughtful comments were shared with all of the team here and everyone was deeply gratified by this recognition. Our goal here is to provide our valued guests with the best possible service from beginning to end, and your kind compliments reflected our achievement of this goal.

Thank you again for sharing your guest experience in such a gracious manner. It was very meaningful to all of us, and we look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back to Four Seasons Houston.

Best regards,
Ana Salcedo
Reservations Manager
Rome, Italy
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

I spent many days there in different stays and overall I've got a very positive experience.
Pros: location, attitude of the entire staff, restaurant, rooms size, beds very comfortable, nice bathrobes, great Sunday brunch.
Cons: small pool area often crowdy, overpriced breakfast (no buffet option), need for a general "lifting".

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you are a regular Four Seasons connoisseur this is deffinitely not as nice as some of their other marquee properties. The claims that it is dated and in need of a facelift are bit beyond the reality of its current state, while it does have some wear it is less tear and more charm. The staff was courteous and helpful, always providing great directions and convenience. We stayed at the property early in the week while I was in town for business (my wife came along so we could celebrate her birthday), which was helpful because the pool was not very busy but fully staffed, which meant near constant service and attention. I am giving the property a five because it always disarms me a bit when such fabulous hotels fall down the tripadvisor. Bottom line is that it was a great place to relax, recharge, and celebrate my wife's birthday!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ILikeCheckingBags
Monterey, California
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My entire family gathered at this hotel for a wedding. The rooms definitely need to be upgraded as the bathroom sink was constantly leaking. The elevators had constant problems. The Bar had constant problems getting proper drinks on time. The pool area is small , therefore to crowded to get much fun. (although i have to say that at least the pool was not chlorine based they are savvy to use salt water) When ordering food and beverages for a small group of 6 we had to wait for an hour or more. The work out area was ok. This is a Four Seasons Hotel and this was not even close to being in that caliber. To be fair I have to say that the service was excellent from the doormen to the desk. The food at the restaurant was ok.
The restaurants around this hotel are very good. The Art Museum is so amazing and very close to get to. Over all , however, it was an expensive experience and certainly would not commend this hotel if you are planning on having a top notch time.

Room Tip: If you want to get a more quality room get a suite.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
DBurghartz, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Houston, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank your for taking the time to share your feedback. I am honestly disappointed to hear about the service you received during your weekend stay with us, and I wish to extend my apologies. All of the challenges you encountered are unacceptable and I have personally addressed these matters with the appropriate staff. We greatly value your feedback, as it allows us an opportunity to make improvements where necessary.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the many offerings it has surrounding us. Houston really is a great city!

I would love to have the opportunity to make it up to you. Next time you are planning a trip to Houston, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be delighted to assist. Dirk.burghartz@fourseasons.com

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stay here frequently due to convenience and overall the property is good. However, it is tired and needs a facelift. I am sure it is so busy that taking time to redo the property is hard. The rooms are typical rooms, however, last time we stayed in a very small, very cramped, single queen bed room. I specifically asked not to have that room this time. At first, they said that they had no other rooms, then after telling them that our company has events here and guests here constantly, they gave us a better room. The staff is always nice and I love the lady that has done my pedicures several times. If you need to stay downtown, this is the best hotel. However, always crowded and seems tired.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to express your feelings about your recent stay and also your loyalty to our hotel. Your feedback means a lot to us and will help us improve our reservation procedures. You are correct, during conference we are quite busy due to our location near the convention center.

As we are a 30 year old hotel, we will continue to renovate and update to maintain a Four Seasons quality. You will be happy to hear that we will undergo further renovations to our second and third floor, at the beginning of 2013.

Thank you again for your feedback and your compliments to the staff. Next time you plan a visit to Houston, please feel free to contact me directly. dirk.burghartz@fourseasons.com

AllAmericanGirlv1
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Four Seasons Houston! The room was very nice, and I was very impressed by housekeeping. I was only going to be gone from the room for a couple of hours, so I called housekeeping to ask them to clean. When I returned, the room was perfect. The pool is very popular, so make sure to call ahead of time to reserve your lounge chairs. My only bad experience--it took forever for the valet to retrieve my car, and I was almost late for a luncheon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the service you received. I sincerely apologize for the delay in the Valet service and have shared it with the staff. Your feedback means a lot to us and helps us to improve in all areas.
We hope to welcome you back soon!