Four Seasons Hotel Houston
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
1,629 results
All reviewsquattro restaurantcar serviceroom servicehouse of bluestoyota centerconvention centerluxury hotelin room diningbit datedlobby bardiscovery greenexcellent customer servicethe entire staffdowntown areavery nice hotelbusiness hotelbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I had an Executive Suite and the bedroom is separate from the living room. The air conditioning control was in the living room. At 68 degree setting, the living room was chilly but the bedroom was warm even though there was a vent in the room. I left the door open all night but it never really cooled down. If I were staying here again, I wouldn't take this kind of suite. Also, the elevator service in the hotel was slow at almost all hours. It was intolerable when there were crowds in the lobby. I was told this was because the hotel was fully occupied. And I think one of the elevators was out of service. But I think they need to update their elevators anyway. Otherwise, Quattro restaurant was very good for breakfast and lunch; the room was nice; the gym is one of the best in town for hotels; there is a real spa on the property which is probably unique for a Houston hotel; and the pool area is quite nice with a jacuzzi. The hotel is close to Hobby airport and the best choice if you are in downtown or going to the nearby convention center. If you need to be in the Galleria, the St. Regis is my default choice for that neighborhood, but if I had to put the two hotels side by side, it would be tough. I've been more impressed with the rooms at the St. Regis but the common facilities at this hotel are superior (except for the elevators). But the hotel has some kinks to work out if it wants an Excellent rating from me.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
DBurghartz, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We greatly value your feedback. Our engineering team is already looking into the A/C control that you experienced in the Executive Suite, as well as your lengthy waits for the elevators.
We're happy that you enjoyed the Hotel's facilities, downtown location and service. We take great pride in our staff and in the high level of service we provide - and we're all hopeful that we'll have an opportunity to host you again in the future. Thank you once again for your review; wishing you a fantastic summer.
Kind regards,
Dirk Burghartz

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Well, I'll admit I struggled as to whether I should rate this property as a 3 or 4. One thing you can always count on at the Four Seasons, anywhere, is excellent service. Service was pretty great, but the property itself seems a little neglected. With that said, this is a rather tired Four Seasons. The room where I stayed--especially bathroom-- could stand to be updated to match other properties. Soundproofing between rooms as well as hallway also seemed to be lacking.

There were several weddings the weekend I arrived, so it was a bit chaotic, and staff seemed less attentive to us non wedding party people than usual. Understandable, I suppose. A nice amenity is the large outdoor pool w/jacuzzi and bar area. Some rooms lead directly to the pool with poolside patios. If you want some sun and fun, I recommend those rooms, which also provide 24 hr access to the area while others are restricted between late evening and early morning. The fitness room is also quite nice and was in the process of being refurbished at the end of my stay.

A real negative for the hotel, that I have not experienced at other Four Seasons, was poor quality food. I ate in the somewhat touted restaurant and it was really mediocre, especially for the money. The menu items sounded good but the execution was less than pleasing: too creamy, too saucy, too salty, etc. I also ordered room service one morning and I was equally disappointed with the poor food quality.

And, on a side note, I was charged $7 for an 8 ounce cup of coffee at the pool, when unknowingly, just steps away in the fitness room, there was free coffee and tea. I never signed for the coffee, so could not dispute it at the time. The staff did remedy this charge upon check out as they were in equal disbelief that this was the charge. BUT, with these factors aside, if you have to stay in downtown Houston, not sure you will find a better place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This hotel is quite elegant. They staff is so friendly and helpful. The beds are the best! We are considering purchasing a Four Seasons bed. The in-room breakfast is fabulous.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank redraideraustingirl
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Very nice rooms and the beds are amazing also the furniture provided for us like a desk and a comfy little couch and the bathrooms are so well decorated and the shower's are so relaxing and the whole room is clean and the room service was just so incredible it was like they had already knew what we wanted

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed at the hotel mid-April for a business trip. The first day the tub did not drain properly and by the end of my 10-minute shower the water was up to my ankles. I reported the issue and was told it would be fixed that day. The next day, same thing happened so I called again and was again told it would be fixed. It was the same the following day so I gave up asking.

The complimentary newspaper was delivered 3 out of the 5 business days and when I called to inquire about the first missing paper they said they would try to find one for me but it never arrived. I didn't bother to ask on day 5.

After a long day I had the Do Not Disturb on my door while I was resting before dinner and the phone rang. It was the bell desk telling me there was a bellman outside my door with a package and they were calling because I had put the DND on the door. WTH? I answered the door but there was no tip for that terrible service.

Thursday evening the TV did not work so I called down and the repair person was quick to respond but by the time they had it fixed my program was already over.

On Friday as I was getting ready for work the toilet backed up and overflowed. The bathroom was quickly flooded with used toilet water. I called down and housekeeping sent up someone to take a look, he called someone else to clean up the mess and no less than 5 people walked through my room surveying the situation while I stood there in my bathrobe thinking of the meeting I was going to be late for. They took up the water with towels and a mop but did not use any cleaner on the floor and did not address the wet rug in the hallway. I called down to the desk and spoke to the manager, explained the situation - the dirty floor and rug wet with toilet water - and asked for a new room. At first they wanted me to pack up my things and they would move me later while I was at the office but I insisted to be moved right away so they relented and offered smaller room but did not offer a price adjustment. I started to read them the riot act and they offered me a suite so I packed up and moved to the suite. It was right beside the elevator, the noise was a bit of a disruption but at least it was clean.

I've stayed at several 4Seasons hotels and I can't understand how they allow their name to be associated with this hotel. One of the worst hotels I've stayed in, certainly the worst for business in the U.S.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DuncanH99
DBurghartz, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Houston. I am truly disappointed to hear of the challenges that you encountered, and I wish to extend my sincerest apologies for your understandable frustration. The condition of your bathroom was unacceptable and the service you received should have been handled differently. I would like an opportunity to speak with you personally to apologize and hopefully rebuild your confidence in us. I can be reached through the hotel's main line 713-650-1300.

Again, thank you for bringing these matters to my attention and I hope to speak with you soon.

Kind Regards,