“Ahhhhhhhhhh!”

Ranked #18 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Portland, Oregon
“Ahhhhhhhhhh!”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

There's just something indescribably wonderful about staying at a Four Seasons property. Especially when your employer is paying for it! This one is smack dab in the middle of downtown Houston, across the street from lovely Discovery Green Park. As with all of the hotels under the Four Seasons umbrella, the surroundings are all understated elegance. My executive suite room was plush and comfortable, with every possible amenity, including a bathroom the size of my living room at home. Super comfy mattress and pillows, and I loved the little ceramic cowboy boot you're asked to leave on the bed if you want to go green and not change the sheets every day. (It was only $5 to take home with you, too, which I did.) Room service was prompt and impeccable, though predictably sky high expensive. The spa was gorgeous, with all kinds of fresh fruit, hot tea and coffee and some sort of fruit punch available, and although I didn't get to try the pool, it was so inviting I was tempted to skip work and play hooky for the afternoon.

I did take the time to indulge in a manicure, though, and I have to say it was one of the best I've ever had. Lovely staff, lovely surroundings -- love the Four Seasons!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Esutherland, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Houston, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank for having written such a wonderful review on our property. It sounds like you were able to enjoy the complete Four Seasons Houston package - with going to the park, relaxing in the Spa, and taking home a souvenir boot. Hopefully next time, you will make it to our pool.

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Elysia Sutherland
PR Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Four Seasons Hotel: Outstanding service, delicious food, fantastic spa. My Executive Suite was well appointed without being over done. Location was within sky-walking distance to the Houston Center eatery and mall. This was my first stay at a Four Seasons, but certainly not my last!

Room Tip: Ask for pool side view.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 31, 2011

It's hard to go wrong at a Four Seasons property and this one is no exception. Beautiful rooms, beautiful public spaces, excellent restaurant, decent bar, and exceptional customer service by EVERY member of the staff. I can't compliment the staff enough. Every single person with whom I interacted was friendly, courteous, helpful and obviously cared about making us feel welcome.

Having said that, I have some nit-picky complaints:

1) No in-room coffee pot for early risers. I do NOT want to wait for room service to bring me a $16 pot of coffee in the morning. I like to make my own when my feet hit the floor.

2) The $4 service charge and 20% gratuity added to room service is RIDICULOUS. Seriously? You're adding gratuity AND a service charge? I absolutely hated this system. The servers were super-nice but still waited rather obviously for a tip, and I felt extremely uncomfortable not tipping them personally. But I'm already paying the 20% PLUS a service charge. Have I been living under a rock the last couple of years? Is this the new norm?

3) The $30 overnight parking fee was completely outrageous as well. The Hilton, which is attached to the GRB Convention Center, charges $18 overnight, and you don't have to get hot, wet or cold going outside to get to the convention center.

Those three things bring my rating down to a four. The exceptionally warm and helpful staff keep it from being a "three" rating for me.

Woodville, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My husband attended a seminar at the George R. Brown from Tuesday until Friday and I extended our stay for the weekend for our anniversary. When we checked in he was asked if he wanted to upgrade from a regular king room to an Executive suite. He agreed and then teased her about making it an Ambasador suite, a $2000.00 per night room. She laughed and handed us our keys and sent us upstairs with our luggage and the bellman. He opened our door to the AMBASADOR SUITE she gave us for the price of the less expensive upgrade. Every attention to detail was made for our stay to be as comfortable as possible. Ice was refilled in our room in the morning and afternoon. Fresh green apples were available in the lobby and the exercise room had apples, pears, and bananas. The bathroom in the exercise room/spa contained hot or iced tea selections, showers with all amenities and a dressing room with hair care products.
We were able to spend some time at the pool and were treated with the same attention as the rest of the hotel. The pool staff was immediately available to drape a bath towel over the chair and bring over water and suntan lotion. A full menu and bar was also available. There was also a cart next to the entrance of the pool with suntan lotion and ice water.
Quatro was a wonderful dining experience. We had dinner there one night and the food and service was fantastic, we also had the Sunday brunch and the quality was beyond complaint. The restaurant is expensive, our simple dinner was over $100.00 and brunches $55.00 per person, but this is an upscale restaurant at a luxury hotel; it should be expected. Morning coffee is available complimentary in the lobby until 9 and at the exercise room until 10.
The concierge also took very good care of us. We were able to borrow a new movie to watch in the room and they had a huge selection of recent and older movies to check out. I had reserved our room with VIP entrance to the local House of Blues and the concierge told us to use his card instead of the tickets to get us to the head of the line. Imagine our delight when we approached a long line of beautiful young people in tight clothes and were ushered in ahead of them. The overweight, middle age couple were rock stars for a moment thanks to the concierge.
There is way too much to list here, but everyone from valet to housekeeping make this hotel our favorite in the world! We have been staying here for many years and have AWAYS been treated as the most important person staying at the hotel. Quality, quality, quality!

MEX
Reviewed October 19, 2011

This is defintevely the best hotel in Houston, Stayed there booking 5 rooms for 13 days and the staff made every possible accomodation to make our stay the best. We first stayed at westin galleria for 2 days (terrible service and old rooms) and decided to move to the four seasons where we where recieved with the attention a true 5 star hotel provides. The staff at the front desk made sure we felt at home, they even made it possible for us to extend our stay a few more days even if their hotel was full. We are returning next week and wouldn´t consider staying anywhere else. Great Rooms, Great Food, but specially Great Staff! Congratulations.

Cesar T

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed October 19, 2011

My husband and I chose the Four Seasons for our anniversary. We were welcomed into the hotel and room service brought us a personal treat for our anniversary. Every staff member was exceptional, knowledgeable, and helpful. Everyone had a smile. The room was emaculate. I will choose a Four Seasons hotel whenever possible.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2011

The hotel isn't the most modern state of the art kind of place but the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff makes a whole lot of difference there. They took care of my needs well before my arrival. The room is comfortable and clean. I could hear a bit of noise from my neighbour though.