“Looking for a new home away from home”

Four Seasons Hotel Houston
Ranked #22 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed October 31, 2011

It's hard to go wrong at a Four Seasons property and this one is no exception. Beautiful rooms, beautiful public spaces, excellent restaurant, decent bar, and exceptional customer service by EVERY member of the staff. I can't compliment the staff enough. Every single person with whom I interacted was friendly, courteous, helpful and obviously cared about making us feel welcome.

Having said that, I have some nit-picky complaints:

1) No in-room coffee pot for early risers. I do NOT want to wait for room service to bring me a $16 pot of coffee in the morning. I like to make my own when my feet hit the floor.

2) The $4 service charge and 20% gratuity added to room service is RIDICULOUS. Seriously? You're adding gratuity AND a service charge? I absolutely hated this system. The servers were super-nice but still waited rather obviously for a tip, and I felt extremely uncomfortable not tipping them personally. But I'm already paying the 20% PLUS a service charge. Have I been living under a rock the last couple of years? Is this the new norm?

3) The $30 overnight parking fee was completely outrageous as well. The Hilton, which is attached to the GRB Convention Center, charges $18 overnight, and you don't have to get hot, wet or cold going outside to get to the convention center.

Those three things bring my rating down to a four. The exceptionally warm and helpful staff keep it from being a "three" rating for me.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,555)

Reviewed October 23, 2011

My husband attended a seminar at the George R. Brown from Tuesday until Friday and I extended our stay for the weekend for our anniversary. When we checked in he was asked if he wanted to upgrade from a regular king room to an Executive suite. He agreed and then teased her about making it an Ambasador suite, a $2000.00 per night room. She laughed and handed us our keys and sent us upstairs with our luggage and the bellman. He opened our door to the AMBASADOR SUITE she gave us for the price of the less expensive upgrade. Every attention to detail was made for our stay to be as comfortable as possible. Ice was refilled in our room in the morning and afternoon. Fresh green apples were available in the lobby and the exercise room had apples, pears, and bananas. The bathroom in the exercise room/spa contained hot or iced tea selections, showers with all amenities and a dressing room with hair care products.
We were able to spend some time at the pool and were treated with the same attention as the rest of the hotel. The pool staff was immediately available to drape a bath towel over the chair and bring over water and suntan lotion. A full menu and bar was also available. There was also a cart next to the entrance of the pool with suntan lotion and ice water.
Quatro was a wonderful dining experience. We had dinner there one night and the food and service was fantastic, we also had the Sunday brunch and the quality was beyond complaint. The restaurant is expensive, our simple dinner was over $100.00 and brunches $55.00 per person, but this is an upscale restaurant at a luxury hotel; it should be expected. Morning coffee is available complimentary in the lobby until 9 and at the exercise room until 10.
The concierge also took very good care of us. We were able to borrow a new movie to watch in the room and they had a huge selection of recent and older movies to check out. I had reserved our room with VIP entrance to the local House of Blues and the concierge told us to use his card instead of the tickets to get us to the head of the line. Imagine our delight when we approached a long line of beautiful young people in tight clothes and were ushered in ahead of them. The overweight, middle age couple were rock stars for a moment thanks to the concierge.
There is way too much to list here, but everyone from valet to housekeeping make this hotel our favorite in the world! We have been staying here for many years and have AWAYS been treated as the most important person staying at the hotel. Quality, quality, quality!

Reviewed October 19, 2011

This is defintevely the best hotel in Houston, Stayed there booking 5 rooms for 13 days and the staff made every possible accomodation to make our stay the best. We first stayed at westin galleria for 2 days (terrible service and old rooms) and decided to move to the four seasons where we where recieved with the attention a true 5 star hotel provides. The staff at the front desk made sure we felt at home, they even made it possible for us to extend our stay a few more days even if their hotel was full. We are returning next week and wouldn´t consider staying anywhere else. Great Rooms, Great Food, but specially Great Staff! Congratulations.

Cesar T

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2011

My husband and I chose the Four Seasons for our anniversary. We were welcomed into the hotel and room service brought us a personal treat for our anniversary. Every staff member was exceptional, knowledgeable, and helpful. Everyone had a smile. The room was emaculate. I will choose a Four Seasons hotel whenever possible.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2011

The hotel isn't the most modern state of the art kind of place but the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff makes a whole lot of difference there. They took care of my needs well before my arrival. The room is comfortable and clean. I could hear a bit of noise from my neighbour though.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

Four Seasons is always stellar. That's a given. My needs when I travel are different than luxury or leisure travelers. I like to be left alone. I have had hotels demand to see my room after two days when I've told them I didn't need service. Not Four Seasons. I called and politely informed housekeeping that I'm here on business and would just rather not have maid service. I don't change my sheets and towels at home, why should I when I travel?

I settled in, spread all my work out on the desk, and put up the do not disturb. They put notes under the door with information if i wanted to call for service. But I was fine and they were fine with me being me. That works for me. When you travel as much as i do, little homey touches (like not having to lift your feet to have a clean carpet vacuumed under you) are nice.

The only thing that I didn't like was the need to leave the hotel for the usual sundry items and quick snacks. But eating at their Quatro Restaurant made up for that. The food is wonderful and the staff, in typical Four Seasons style, is gracious, attentive, and wonderful.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I can't say enough about how wonderful this hotel is. My most recent stay was during the days before and after my wedding. I had set up a courtesy block for my guests at the hotel (which is an amazing deal, by the way) and I stayed there the night before my wedding, and the two nights afterward. Everything was amazing. I was upgraded to an Executive Deluxe Suite. My private living room was very spacious, and worked perfectly for all my bridesmaids, my mom, and I to get ready the morning of the wedding. The evening of our wedding, when my husband and i got back to the room, the hotel sent up a bottle of champagne and some scrumptious truffles. Then next day we relaxed at the pool, where i was again greeted with a glass of champagne. On Sunday afternoon, we had some relatives who were coming to our suite to watch us open wedding gifts (family tradition). I realized that with about 12 people coming, we didn't have enough seating. So I called the front desk, and they quickly sent up several banquet chairs, and the suite was so big that we were able to have a seat for everyone without feeling too crowded. All in all it was wonderful. Weddings can be so stressful, and it was such a comfort to know that at least something would go smoothly! The morning of my wedding, I was having some female problems. My matron of honor, quickly went down to the concierge and got medicine for me. It seemed that even when life was throwing us curve balls, the Four Seasons was there to bat them for us. We couldn't have been happier.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
DBurghartz, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

Dear Christina B,

First of all, congratulations! I want to personally thank you for taking the time out of your newlywed schedule to write about your stay with us. I’m happy to hear that Four Seasons Houston added some memorable experiences to your special weekend.

Thank you for letting us be apart of it.

Dirk Burghartz

(P.S. Hugs and kisses from Whitney)