“Simply Wonderful!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Four Seasons Hotel Houston
Ranked #16 of 501 Hotels in Houston
“Simply Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

I can't say enough about how wonderful this hotel is. My most recent stay was during the days before and after my wedding. I had set up a courtesy block for my guests at the hotel (which is an amazing deal, by the way) and I stayed there the night before my wedding, and the two nights afterward. Everything was amazing. I was upgraded to an Executive Deluxe Suite. My private living room was very spacious, and worked perfectly for all my bridesmaids, my mom, and I to get ready the morning of the wedding. The evening of our wedding, when my husband and i got back to the room, the hotel sent up a bottle of champagne and some scrumptious truffles. Then next day we relaxed at the pool, where i was again greeted with a glass of champagne. On Sunday afternoon, we had some relatives who were coming to our suite to watch us open wedding gifts (family tradition). I realized that with about 12 people coming, we didn't have enough seating. So I called the front desk, and they quickly sent up several banquet chairs, and the suite was so big that we were able to have a seat for everyone without feeling too crowded. All in all it was wonderful. Weddings can be so stressful, and it was such a comfort to know that at least something would go smoothly! The morning of my wedding, I was having some female problems. My matron of honor, quickly went down to the concierge and got medicine for me. It seemed that even when life was throwing us curve balls, the Four Seasons was there to bat them for us. We couldn't have been happier.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
DBurghartz, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Houston, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Dear Christina B,

First of all, congratulations! I want to personally thank you for taking the time out of your newlywed schedule to write about your stay with us. I’m happy to hear that Four Seasons Houston added some memorable experiences to your special weekend.

Thank you for letting us be apart of it.

Dirk Burghartz

(P.S. Hugs and kisses from Whitney)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

The hotel offers you a top class service and accomodations.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

We did business at the convention center, just two blocks away.We saw a ballgame at Minute Maid Park, just three blocks away. We had most of our meals in the hotel and every meal was
very good.We also ate at a seafood restaurant across the street which we enjoyed.

Room Tip: Stayed on 20th floor- very quiet!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

Arrived to the Four Seasons and was asked if we wanted an upgrade for a small additional fee - totally worth it! The suite was such a great size, with a beautiful view of the pool. It rained the entire weekend (first time in 90 days!) so I didn't actually get to use the pool, but the set-up was great, and the pool bar looked great from the website. I used the fitness center one morning for a few hours - well equipped, spacious, and bright. One of the best fitness centers I've seen at a hotel. Ample amount of cardio machines, free weights, medicine balls and weight machines. Valet parking was quick and convenient, and the staff was one of the most welcoming I have ever encountered (then again, coming from the North East, I'm not used to much hospitality, so any form of hospitality is great). Definitely a great hotel that I would recommend to anyone. Within walking to distance to Minute Maid Stadium and a row of pubs.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

A relaxing atmosphere and most comfortable bed in the busy bustle of the downtown city life. Wish the spa was a little bigger, but the workout facilities are great!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

Posh hotel in downtown. Across from House of Blues, walk to Minute Maid Park, Toyota Center, Macy's, fine restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. Check out their buy one-get one weekend specials. Well worth it! Love this place. My kids practically grew up in this hotel. Staff very professional, go out of their way to may you feel welcome and cater to the kids quite nicely with treats at night, and even their own bathrobes. Nice pool area. We love it here.

Room Tip: try to get a corner room - they are bigger
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear Traveltrio03,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your weekend get away at Four Seasons Houston! I love hearing that your kids basically grew up with us and that you think of us when wanting a "staycation" in downtown Houston. We are always here for you and your family when you need your next weekend get away. Just call us your home away from home.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback and we hope to see you soon!

Dirk Burghartz
Macungie, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

Not sure what I was expecting, but this was very similar to the Marriott's I am used to. Very reasonable, around $150/per night. Great location, connected to the Mall which is connected to everything downtown. This was not however anything to write home about. It was Nice, clean and well taken care of.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business