“Comfortable Hotel, Well Situated”

Four Seasons Hotel Houston
Ranked #20 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed at the Four Seasons during a trade show. In spite of the hotel being overwhelmed with convention goers, the staff treated me perfectly and as if I was the only person staying there. The only complaint I had was a mis-communication with the Concierge. They told me they would return my vehicle to Hertz as they were a Hertz return location. They didn't do it and Hertz called asking where the car was.

The hotel offers complementary car service within the downtown area. Very helpful. The Brunch was outstanding, but beware, it's $50/person. The spa was good, but not the best I've ever been to. I would definitely stay here again, next time I visit Houston.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed here over July 4th weekend and really had a wonderful experience. The other reviews are correct, the rooms are small (standard) rooms and the ceiling isn't 18 feet tall. But the furniture was upscale and the service was perfect We spent two days at the pool and it was great! On a holiday weekend they were defintely crowded and the staff took care of things very well. The experience was exactly what we wanted.

Room Tip: Ask about not getting a room where you can hear the high pressure plumbing system
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Recently stayed here, and had a great time! The pool is fantastic with great pool bar service, and kid friendly. Located in the heart of downtown, many places within walking distance, or use the free concierge service to take or drop off your group anywhere in down town. The gym and spa both looked awesome, although i did not get to use them. Rooms spacious, comfy beds.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I had a wonderful stay at the Four Seasons - I stayed here for a week for work and they were very accommodating. The front desk staff and concierge were top notch! They were incredibly accommodating and polite. They were the epitome of great service!

The location is great if you're looking to explore downtown Houston or if you're there on business. It is just around the corner for House of Blues - so if you want to get away from the Hotel food - there is good music and food within a 2 minute radius.

The only down fall was that the pool closed quite early. We were there in June so it was very warm. After work, then a dinner, we would've appreciated a quick dip - but the pool closed around 9/10pm and unfortunately did not leave much time for relaxation.

Unfortunately wi-fi internet is not free - it varies from $8.95 per day to $14.95 per day (if you want a faster speed). It seems a bit silly since 85% of their guests are on business and would most likely require internet!

Other than that - a great stay - and would definitely come back again

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This was a great hotel. I was a little nervous given some of the other reviews. Yes, the building is old. I also thought, especially in the lobby, that the ceilings were a bit low. That said, I got a beautiful room. I upgraded for a very reasonable fee to a junior suite that had a wonderful sitting room. Very comfortable. Tasteful decoractions in the room, a great very comfortable bed - what more could I ask for? Oh, and the L'Occitane toiletries were great. I also loved the pool and workout facilities. very comfortable, and great service and amenities. My only gripe is the charge for the car valet - $30 a day. Had I realized it was that expensive I would have parked in a nearby garage. All in all, though, a comfortable solid choice in Houston.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2011

The Four Seasons met our needs for travel with little ones...and really the hotel exceeded our expectations! We arrived to a lovely, luxury room outfitted with a crib stocked with baby toiletries and even a diaper pail in the bathroom....very thoughtful. And the outdoor pool area was like a tropical oasis...an escape from hot & stinky downtown Houston!

Reviewed July 9, 2011

One of the nicest hotel patios around for lounging by the pool. My boyfriend and I stayed overnight on a whim and had a very nice time. We arrived for a couples massage and then relaxed poolside for cocktails until we went up for dinner in our beautiful suite. The food was excellent and the service 5 star! Our only small complaint was during breakfast the next morning. We asked the front desk if we could have breakfast by the pool and the clerk cheerfully said yes, and added that we could order food from the room service menu there. The only problem was that the service staff at the pool was very young and had no clue as to what was on the room service menu, much less what an eggs benedict was. While we finally get our order, it wasn't quite what we wanted and we had to get up at least three times to ask for beverages and extra food items because the staff stayed huddled in a group by the bar chatting amongst themselves, which is why we can't give this review a full 5 stars.

Room Tip: Be sure to let the front desk know your preferences prior to your arrival. Booking online does not g...