“It's not a Hilton, It's Heaven!”

Hilton Houston Post Oak by the Galleria
Ranked #71 of 516 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Tx
“It's not a Hilton, It's Heaven!”
Reviewed January 22, 2009

I booked my king executive suite about two weeks before check in, and got it for a steal. I only paid $156.00 for one night. Checking in was fast and easy, and the valet was friendly, and very knowledgeable about all of the posh location to go for a night on the town. My friend's enjoyed the night's view from the balcony. The lounge on the top floor was great, a huge flat screen, fresh coffee, and fruit were there for the taking. The only bad thing about the lounge was that it closes at 10:00P.M. The room was immaculate, and the bed was warm and welcoming, and the linens on the bed almost made me want to stay there forever. The towles and bathrobes where very soft, and smelled crisp and clean. The concierge, and staff were very nice, and didn't expect a tip for every little thing. The seasonal fruit basket I pre-ordered was delivered up to my room along with extra pillows and blankets that I requested from the concierge service. The only other bad thing was that the pool was closed, and I was suprised to hear they didn't have a hot tub. Overall my stay was fantastic, and very affordable.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — I didn't dislike anything
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 29, 2008

Our two night stay was booked for the balcony view of the Thanksgiving fireworks. The Hilton on Post Oak is a two star hotel with the trappings of a 5 star. Of course they charge as much as a classy hotel, but it is more like an oversized Motel 6 with a bellman.
They claim to be a non-smoking hotel., but guests regularly lit up in the hallway, the elevators and on the tiny concrete balconies. It seeped into our room and after two days we all felt like we'd smoked a pack (including my 3 and 6 year old).

In their defense, the staff that we dealt with were courteous and attentive. It made up a little bit for being overcharged for a tiny, ugly room. However, after complaining the first night about the smoke and being reassured that they would fix it, it was horribly worse the second night, when the other guests also had their friends over in the rooms to view the fireworks - all smokers it seemed.

As the smoke drifted around our heads and stung our eyes, the staff admitted they were helpless to do anything about it - but credited us for the second night when we checked out. Again, the staff were courteous (both to us and to smokers, unfortunately).

• Liked — Courteous staff
  • Disliked — Ugly rooms with smoking every where
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
los angeles
Reviewed September 22, 2008

Most horrible experience I have ever had at a major hotel,

1. Elevators are slow, wobble, squeak and take forever for the doors to open, ala a third world country.

2. Parking fees are absurd 13.00/day self park or 24/day valet added to your room.

3. Restaurant is absurd, opens at 6 pm.

4. Have problems with wireless it is second rate,.

5. Management apppears to not care. They come across as they are doing you some sort of favor.

6. Emoloyees are friendly and appear to try their best.

For what they charge most Best Westerns would offer much better value and

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — pretty much everything else
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank intgold
Austin
Reviewed July 11, 2008

We really enjoyed this hotel. The staff is very friendly, especially the bell boys. Everyone is pleasant and welcoming. We ate at the restaurant, and loved it. The only complaint would be the parking fees.

• Liked — Beds in the room are very comfortable
  • Disliked — Parking Fees
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
houston, tx
Reviewed June 8, 2008

I enjoyed my stay mostly because one of the front desk manager named Sena was very accommodating and friendly. Although I booked a standard room thru priceline for a good rate for a Fri. night stay, I asked for and got a nice suite that has a decent view on an upper floor.

Other than the bed & pillows are surprisingly too soft that caused some discomfort, the suite came with a mini fridge and microvave that I asked for and has a good size. If I re-visit, I'll sure ask for Sena.

• Stayed June 2008
London
Reviewed May 26, 2008

Not having been to Houston before, this choice was reliant on other reviews of the hotel and the area. In short, excellent hotel, clean, good facilities, nice pool. Walking distance (although no one does here) of many good shops and restaurants. Handy for the freeway. And all very reasonably priced. Couldn't have been better.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen
Reviewed May 10, 2008

Stayed here with my husband on business and as we are gold Hilton members we had a room on the 14th floor which is the Executive floor at the top, great views! We were also able to use the Executive lounge which was handy for a quick breakfast and use of computers. Our room was large with a seperate dressing/bathroom area. The bed was amazing, large and very comfortable. The only slight criticism is the hotel is looking slightly dated in terms of decore and would benefit from bringing it up to date, but other than this I would recommend. Plently of restaurants nearby and of course the Galleria shopping mall which was absolutely fantastic, all within walking distance. On one of the days it was raining and when I asked for a cab I was told they would get me a driver down to the Mall and would also pick me up....Staff were friendly!!

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The decor
  • Stayed May 2008