“Good Hotel in the Heart of Shopping / Business” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Houston Post Oak

Hilton Houston Post Oak
Ranked #80 of 489 Hotels in Houston
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Good Hotel in the Heart of Shopping / Business”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Good hotel, full of amenities. Full time restaurant, Starbucks, conference center, valet, etc. Lobby is beautiful, but the rooms are Ok. Rooms are starting to show age in the carpets and furniture. Very loud A/C units as well.

Executive lounge is small but well stocked and staffed. Basically a continental Breakfast, no more. Afternoon Hors de Oeuvres are tasty but limited.

Paid WiFi, but free if you have status. Recent upgrades to WiFi have worked. Good service.

All in All a good hotel that could use some updates and upgrades for status guests.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better, away from street noise.
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Houston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Beautiful hotel, conveniently located in Houston's Galleria area. Close to fabulous restaurants and high-end shopping. Friendly staff and onsite lounge that stays open to accomadate the guest. Prices vary depending on events going on in Houston and the day of the week vs. weekend. The rooms I've stayed in have had great views of the city and there are floors reserved for Hilton Honors members. I have never been upgraded from a standard room but maybe there aren't rooms to upgrade to.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Caroline G
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Seems like this is a party central type of hotel at the Galleria Area. Lots of noise and traffic in the hallways during the night. This is not the place to get a good night rest, unless you are there to party!

• 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Travelers are raving about these Houston hotels

Temple, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We selected this hotel because we are Hilton Honors members, and another property closer to downtown was unavailable.
The staff were friendly and welcoming. The second floor pool was very nice, the lobby is lovely, BUT the room on the 11th floor (Hilton Honors Floor) was just ok. It had a bathroom befitting any $79 budget hotel. I am 6'2" and could not get a good shower.
We had a package that included breakfast and parking, and this seemed to confuse several staff members. At check out we had been charged separately for parking and I had to remind the staff that it should have been included. To their credit they reversed that charge (almost $80).
The rooms need updating, the staff need complete orientation to all check in options, but they also need to remain friendly.
I might go back, but only if I new the room remodels had been completed. Also, the hotel looks nothing like the gleaming jewel photo on the Hilton website - it is actually pretty old.
I noted on checking in (for three nights) that we were celebrating my wife's birthday. On the second night someone noted that and offered us a free movie. Really? How about a signed welcome note like the managers at most Hampton Inns (also a Hilton property)....with free parking and an actual no additional charge breakfast.

Room Tip: if you order a Hilton package make sure you get all you paid for and don't get charged twice for...
1 Thank tommyfoutball
Nacogdoches, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Room was comfortable and had a good view of the city from the 12th floor. Bathroom was large and in good repair. Shuttle service available and reliable. Only draw back was being alone and without transportation, limited restaurants within walking distance and the hotel restaurant is very pricey. So plan to eat before returning to the hotel if like me you have not transportation, as my hamburger was good but not worth $20!

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The best thing about this hotel is it's very central location. I also found the front desk staff very nice and helpful. Parking was convenient but expensive. The room we were assigned met our needs but had a few issues that needed to be addressed. (346)

Our room was nice but you could definitely feel the age on it. The shower/toilet area was very dated and felt a bit dirty (walls, etc) but the water was hot and drained well so I'm not really complaining. Not exactly what I expect from a 4 star hilton. My biggest complaint about the room and the hotel in general was the carpet in our room. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTINGLY FILTHY. Our feet were black from walking on it. I actually could not believe how gross it was. I might as well have been in a roadside motel.

Other issues: We had a poolside room. Not sure if this is considered an upgraded location, but the pool is open until 11, and there were very rowdy people partying in it up until closing time every night, keeping my kids awake. It was extremely loud in our room. Also, the ice maker on our floor was broken up until the final day of our 3 day stay.

I can't comment on the facilities because we didn't use any. I got a great deal on this place and I would stay here again if I got another great deal, however if I paid full price I would not be happy.

Room Tip: Stay awake from pool side rooms if you go to bed before 11.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hilton_Post_Oak, Director of Sales at Hilton Houston Post Oak, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thanks for sharing the nice comments about the service and the front desk staff. Rooms renovation including a full re-do of the bathrooms is on the way - will start in the fall! We appreciate your feedback and use our customers comments to help address and improve areas.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for some 13 years. They went through a major renovation several years ago. It has remained a solid property overall with a great location. Much to my delight they added a Starbucks in the building lobby, one of my "musts" at a hotel. All in all, a consistently good hotel, with pleasant, spacious and clean rooms. Perhaps they could add a refrigerator in the room? Otherwise, a winner.

• 4 of 5 stars
Thanks for the nice sentiment about our hotel. We love to hear from our loyal long term customers and appreciate the feedback. I agree the STARBUCKS is a must have!! Had my skinny vanilla latte this morning. We are planning our guest room renovation for the fall and I am happy to let you know that we are adding refrigerators to the rooms. Please reach out to me directly if I can ever be of assistance.
Best Regards,