Hilton Houston Post Oak by the Galleria
  • Room Service
$235
$200
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
$262
The Houstonian(Houston)
$399
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$247
$219
$334
$299
Marriott Hotels
1,369 results
All reviewsthe executive loungegalleria areaself parkingwalking distanceshopping and restaurantsper dayroom was largebusiness hotelbusiness tripenjoyed my stayfitness centershuttle servicebalconiesgaragestarbucksbellmanconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here three nights in August. It is right in the middle of shopping central. Galleria located a few blocks away. Tons of other places to shop and eat. The shuttle driver took us lots of places (for free, of course with great tips). Rooms were large, comfortable and decorated great. Bed was very very comfortable. Room service promises to be at your room in less than 30 minutes, and the did.

Really very little complaints. Maybe that there is no fridge or microwave in the room which would be nice considering it's a four star.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located in the middle of great shopping even beyond the Galleria next door. Four ladies on a girls trip never had to venture further than a few blocks the entire weekend for great food and retail therapy.

Malle, the shuttle service driver, was courteous and very helpful driving us back and forth to dinners. The other staff was pleasant as well.

The hotel itself is updated in some places, like flat screen tvs, carpeting in rooms, and vanity area but less in other places, like the showers.

Overall a good value when booked through third party provider

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We have stayed at the Hilton Post Oak many times and have never been disppointed. Right in the heart of the Galleria, River Oaks and on the Westheimer Shopping and Dining row this hotel fits the bill. Prices seem reasonable even when we upgrade to the executive floors for access to the breakfast and cocktail lounge on the 14th floor. Service is always friendly and efficient. The Galleria Mall and all the top end restaurants are no more than a half mile walk. Cannot beat the location. Give it a try. Parking is unlimited in and out and was only $12 a day. Valet is more but not necessary as your car is in the garage accessed through the lobby. If you drive just go by the front door, turn right down the narrow street and into the garage. No sweat.

Room Tip: Ask to be in a room facing northwest.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2012

we enjoy staying at this hotel because of the wonderful service, it's excellent location and low well it is maintained (very clean, clean rooms). we also upgrade to concierge because we feel there's excellent value for the lovely breakfast that is then included. the ballrooms facilities are fabulous for events. the higher floor the better the view.
also, the car service for the galleria area is extremely courteous and makes it very convenient if you are traveling with one car and two of you are going in different directions. although it isn't an easy walk to the galleria, the car service which is included makes it very easy to get around.

Room Tip: definitely, definitely worth the upgrade to concierge level as the breakfast is delightful - both good food, beautiful view while dining, and adds a luxurious feel - IF you MUST have a hot breakfast, this isn't for you, but hot bagels, wonderful danish, fruit, juices, coffee, yogurt, etc., with a lovely presentation. also, lovely, fabulous ballroom facilities.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sat6666
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for two nights while on business travel. The hotel is located just off the 610 freeway near the galleria but not as close as some of the other nearby hotels. It is about a 15 minute walk to the Galleria. The hotels is clean with attentive staff with a good restaurant and a nice bar where I was a able to grab a quick bite on the night I arrived.

I am a Hilton HHonors diamond member and I usually get upgraded to the executive level or a junior suite but I have not gotten to the executive level on both occasions I have stayed here. I did however get access to the executive lounge which is comfortable with large flat screen TVs and printers which were always accessible when I needed them. The food in the lounge was a bit less impressive than at other executive lounges I have been to but it was adequate.

The gym is nicely appointed with separate rooms for cardio machines and weights. It was never crowded while I was there and I did not have a problem finding machines. The pool was deserted during the times I went to the gym. This may be because there are very few children or people staying for leisure. The benefit is that the hotel is very quiet and condusive to getting work done. I had a good night's rest on each night I was there.

Self parking is very convenient with card key access to the garage. The daily rate is $14 which I think is fair for the area.

The one problem I had with my stay was the extremely slow internet speed. My wife had noticed that web pages took a very long time to load. I used a speed tester app and found that the download speed was only 400kbps. This is about 1/20 of standard home cable modem speed.

If you are coming to Houston for business near the Galleria area, this is a decent business hotel with all the services I would expect. If coming here for leisure or to shop, I might choose the nearby Westin or Royal Sonesta which look more upscale. I would come here again on business.

• Stayed: September 2012