DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown
$127
$209
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$85
$121
$259
$145
  • Pool
Omni Houston Hotel Westside(Houston)(Great Value!)
$159
$104
galahotels.com
$139
$105
galahotels.com
1,283 results
All reviewsallen centerhobby centervalet parkingcorner roomwarm cookieshouston downtownvalet staffshuttle servicebusiness tripbreakfast buffetthe room was nicefree shuttlebusiness centerfitness centerenjoyed my stayconciergeproximity
Reviewed October 31, 2010

The hotel was really nice and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We were able to stay on a discounted rated so it was wonderful. I am not sure if I would pay the full price to stay there. We had a corner room which was really neat with the huge glass windows to look at the city. Watch out for the $25 valet fee that is extra and the only parking available.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank fkelley
Reviewed October 29, 2010

I've had some so-so Doubletree experiences lately, but the Doubletree in downtown Houston was top notch. Only strange thing was that the hallway reeked of cigarette smoke even though I was on a non-smoking floor: is the hotel not really all non-smoking? Fortunately, the room's air was clear, so it was more a bepuzzlement than a problem.

Nice hotel, nice location, I will stay there again when in downtown Houston.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank FLFrequentTraveller
sgoldman, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2010

Good morning.
Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel. I wanted to let you know that our hotel is 100% non-smoking. However, some guests choose to ignore this fact. When we find them, they are asked to stop smoking immediately or we offer to find them a room in a hotel that allows smoking. I am sorry that you experienced this problem on your floor but I am glad it did not impact your room or your stay.
Saundra Goldman

Reviewed October 28, 2010

My stay was solely for business purposes so I needed everything taken care of with minimal hassle. From the moment I approached the check-in to the time I departed (a week later) I was very pleased with the general service from the food served to the cleanliness of the rooms .The hotel is well situated and a stones throw away from Macys so a little shopping could be done. I had a corner room at mid height and the view was simply spectacular. The staff was courteous and always willing to help.The room itself is well appointed and provides for a comfortable stay.One quirk, the business center could do with a little sprucing up . This is a 'I'll go again' Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DerrekTrinidad
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Great location- very comfortable beds and groovy decor. Everything seems well maintained and clean however on the downside- my husband swears he was bitten. Bed bugs were the suspected culprit. Who knows. After that I was itchy too- I kept telling myself it was the hard water.
At 4 AM someone was trolling the hallway screaming for Jessie to come back. Sounds like many negatives but in fact if it were not for the itching it was a pleasant stay. We have an issue with valet parking but I guess that is a big city for you.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
sgoldman, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2010

Good afternoon.
First, I would like to thank you for your lovely comments regarding our hotel.
However, I was quite distressed to read that you have suspicions about bed bugs. In this day and age, we take that kind of thing very seriously and I would like to investigate immediately. Would you please contact me at saundra.goldman@hilton.com with the date of your stay and room number or last name? I will want to have the room inspected immediately and I will be sure to follow up with you to let you know our findings.
Saundra Goldman

Reviewed October 20, 2010

I like this hotel. It is well located, in a downtown, next to the highway. Our rooms was very spacious, very comfortable and quiet. I like hotel's design and big windows. Complimentary biscuit at check-in is a great idea. It was very tasty. Very good experience from start to end. I recommend this hotel highly. Tip: You can find cheaper parking on the other side of the highway.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple