“Buggy suspects”

Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown
Ranked #110 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Great location- very comfortable beds and groovy decor. Everything seems well maintained and clean however on the downside- my husband swears he was bitten. Bed bugs were the suspected culprit. Who knows. After that I was itchy too- I kept telling myself it was the hard water.
At 4 AM someone was trolling the hallway screaming for Jessie to come back. Sounds like many negatives but in fact if it were not for the itching it was a pleasant stay. We have an issue with valet parking but I guess that is a big city for you.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
sgoldman, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2010

Good afternoon.
First, I would like to thank you for your lovely comments regarding our hotel.
However, I was quite distressed to read that you have suspicions about bed bugs. In this day and age, we take that kind of thing very seriously and I would like to investigate immediately. Would you please contact me at saundra.goldman@hilton.com with the date of your stay and room number or last name? I will want to have the room inspected immediately and I will be sure to follow up with you to let you know our findings.
Saundra Goldman

Reviewed October 20, 2010

I like this hotel. It is well located, in a downtown, next to the highway. Our rooms was very spacious, very comfortable and quiet. I like hotel's design and big windows. Complimentary biscuit at check-in is a great idea. It was very tasty. Very good experience from start to end. I recommend this hotel highly. Tip: You can find cheaper parking on the other side of the highway.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This Doubletree was terrific. The room was very spacious. We unexpectedly had another guest stay in our room so we had to put a rollaway in and it still seemed spacious. Everything very, very clean. Loved the complimentary transportation. The breakfast menu was a very good deal.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2010

The Sweet Dream bed by Serta as advertised is very comfortable. Together will down feather pillows and duvets you will have a sweetdream sleep. The restaurants are average. Recommended for business traveller.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank UnderTheSheets
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We stayed at the hotel while in town for a Cubs-Astros baseball game. Service was very good. Rooms were very clean and modern. Quiet accommodations for a downtown hotel located near the interstate. About the only drawback was the only free Wi-Fi was in the lobby.

GREAT value compared to other downtown hotels!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2010

I stay at this DT often for business, not for anything special about the hotel or rooms, but for the location. On this trip, my room was not clean when I opened the door so the hotel "upgraded" me to a handicap accessible room (I think that's what it was). Bathroom was strange configuration with zero vanity space and no electrical outlet near a mirror - needs serious redesign work. First time I've stayed in one of these rooms here. If offered this upgrade, JUST SAY NO.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2010

Terrific location for "downtown" activities. We were in town for annual Houston Art Car parade. The parade went in front of the hotel. The lobby is spacious. The check-in staff was friendly and truely interested in our stay. We booked our stay on PriceLine.com, for $56 + taxes. One desk clerk didn't do what he told us he would, and 2 days later, another clerk had to finish what the first one didn't do at check-in. Minor inconvenience. Rooms were very nice. The hotel is solid as a rock. We went to the gift shop on Sunday morning, and were told that they had already sold their (only) 3 copies of the Houston Tribune. Parking was extra, and valet only. No self park. :-( Elevators were fast.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple