“Great first impression, rooms a little dated”

Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown
Ranked #89 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great first impression, rooms a little dated”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Everyone was terrific at this hotel. What an awesome location. I'd definitely stay here again. The next morning I did notice a few things that led me to suspect tht the place may be a bit older than I first thought. We got a great rate and had a nice walk to the Astros game. No regrets.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Toya B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We hope if you visit the Astros again, you chose us to stay with. See you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 31, 2014

The hotel itself is nice enough, it's a good location downtown and has access to the tunnel system. I made my reservation through priceline and got a great deal. I arrived a little past midnight. The night clerk did not seem very interested in talking to us. She said they had no king beds only two fulls, which was fine. However, when we went to our room - it was occupied. Fortunately we realized it as we opened the door and avoided any awkward encounter with whoever was there.

The lady at the front desk was hardly apologetic about the situation but did give us a new room (this one did have a king size bed which was nice). The room was great. It's been about two weeks now and I was charged over 3 times over the amount I agreed to via priceline. Additionally, they charged me twice. I'm over $700 in the hole for what was supposed to be at $90 room. It's incredibly frustrating and I can't imagine how this happened. I'm hoping this issue can be resolved with double tree but as it stands I'm having to go through my credit card company.

Room Tip: get the triangle room it's way cool.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and for your feedback. Hearing directly from guests is important as it tells us what we are doing well and what we need to do to improve. I hope you will accept my most humble apology for the unfriendly service and for the other issues and frustrations you experienced. I will promptly take the steps necessary to correct the problems you have brought to my attention. I am confident that if you return to our hotel, you would have a much improved experience. If I can be of assistance in booking a future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me at toya.berry@hilton.com
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed August 31, 2014

We stayed here because of the proximity to our business meetings. While the location suited our needs fine, the room we had booked (king bed) turned into two doubles and there was no hot water (lukewarm at best) in our morning shower. The valet staff was great.

Room Tip: Check your bill - twice we stayed here and twice were overcharged from quoted rates.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am not certain why we would charge you twice or double of what you were quoted. Would you mind e-mailing me your confirmation information and I would be more than happy to investigate. Toya.berry@hilton.com.
Mansfield, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2014

The hotel is great !looks great ,the valet is a little much with the cost of the rooms but the service is GREAT and the staff is GREAT housekeeping GREAT food good hot when serve but a little prices. Staff is very helpful all over and very clean.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your feedback of our staff and the hotel. We are glad to here we met your expecations and hope you keep us in mind if travel take you back to Downtown Houston.
Buffalo, Texas
Reviewed August 26, 2014

The staff at the front desk of this hotel was discourteous and rude and overall just could not be bothered. Particularly, the night staff. Waited over 7 hours for a rollaway bed because they "were just too busy". They were very rude to my 11 year old son when he asked for help-I had to get involved. The only thing that was excellent was the breakfast served at the restaurant and the staff there. I would not recommend this hotel, particularly if traveling with children.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Toya B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
We greatly apologize for the unnecessary frustrations you experienced. Our goal is to meet and exceed every guests' expectations and we are terribly sorry we failed to do so on your visit. We would love the chance to further discuss your stay. Please feel free to reach out to us at your earliest convenience
Houston, Afghanistan
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I liked the upscale feel of luxury, but it came at a steep price. $30 to park overnight, and the breakfast was $14 for continental and $18 for buffet! Walls are thin and we could hear every word the guests next door said. No refrigerator in room. but the staff was friendly and location good.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. On your return visit, we do offer complimentary microwaves and refrigerators to our guest. We are glad that the staff was a positive impact on your stay and hope you choose us if travel take you back to Houston Downtown.
Houston, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2014

In making my reservation over the phone, I was offered a special $10 breakfast offer. I didn't take the offer, but called the front desk to inquire after arrival if the offer was still available and what type of breakfast did the offer consist of. The front desk personnel were both unaware of the offer and what would have been offered on the menu. Their reply was finally after checking, that it was only a reservation offer and they were unaware of what it consisted of! There was also an issue of being able to hear all nite someone's television!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your reservation booking experience with us. If there is a promotion that is offered from different booking channels from reservations, it is included in the rate. We currently have several different options that the DoubleTree Brand of Hotels offer with breakfast included and some are offered at properties and some are not. I apologize if we were not able to assist you with this. I will share with my team.