DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown
Ranked #109 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Hotel was in perfect location for event we attended. Room was nice as was bathroom, large closet, no mini frig, few elect plugs & ones on lamps were worn out & loose. Valet parking was fast(no self parking) but costs extra. Took the room rate that included breakfast and was very pleased with food and service.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Toya B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are glad to hear the location was perfect for your needs. We do offer complimentary refrigerators and microwaves upon request so if you ever visit us again, please feel free to contact the front desk.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,215)

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Had the pleasure of staying at this hotel on a few visits to Houston. Although the rooms are a little older, they were kept clean and neat. The staff at this hotel went above and beyond to make sure guests had a pleasurable experience. Location of the hotel being near the locations I was visiting, was a big plus for me.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are glad to hear the staff met your expectations and we hope you keep us in mind if business travel take you back to Houston Downtown.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My check in was quick and the individual working was very efficient and kind. I even got a warm cookie, excellent touch! I checked into my room, typical hotel room - clean. I was in a room right next to the elevator, but the noise wasn't bad. First time visiting the Houston area, so I asked the concierge for advice on eateries, dining, and surrounding bars - he gave me a list and said there's a shuttle if you want it. After him not being much help, I took a walk "to the right" was the only direction he gave me and well - I'm not sure how many blocks "to the right" I was suppose to walk, but I ended up returning to the hotel and dining at the bar. Thankfully the bartender was super nice, and made my drink exactly how I asked. I didn't eat a large portion or meal - just a side, but it was good. The others at the bar seemed to be enjoying their food & drinks as well. Upon checking out - I called valet in advance so my car would be ready, as I had an appointment to get to. I checked out, went outside... no car. After 10 minutes a valet employee asked me the color of my car and explained to me he couldn't find it. After 15 more minutes, my car finally arrived. Needless to say I was late for my appointment and frustrated.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We apologize that you were late for your meeting as we misplaced your vehicle. I have shared your experience with our Valet Manager. I will also share with the staff your experience with the Concierge as the engagement with him should be a level 10 service and above.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Lobby and amenities seem very tired.

Rooms are ok / standard doubletree - very good beds but it is time to upgrade that lobby and bar

Very disappointing

Great location and functional for doing business downtown

• Stayed: April 2014
Toya B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are sorry to hear that the Lobby Bar didn't meet your expectations. I have shared your experience with our Outlets Manager as well.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a great stay and the cookies were SO GOOD! Unfortunately my husband got called into work so we weren't able to partake in breakfast but it was still a nice stay. We had a room that shared a door with the next which was awkward but we didn't stay the entire time either. The only really negative comment I have is there was no fridge.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We do offer complimentary refrigerators upon request at the hotel. If travels take you back to Downtown Houston, please keep us in mind. The front desk staff can assist you with our complimentary items that we offer on property.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had a wonderful and excellent experience at this Hotel . the front desk was very helpful in finding different location . The room was very very clean . I also liked our view . The bar services was god but I little high . But overall i would stay again .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are glad to hear the staff was friendly. I have also shared your experience with our Outlets Manager of the pricing.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel was really nice, clean and friendly staff. The valet service was excellent. Didn't take long to retrieve your vehicle. Only thing I would have liked is a microwave and small refrigerator. Also would have been nice if there was a pool. Other than that no complaints.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. If travel takes you back to Downtown Houston, please keep us in mind. We offer complimentary microwaves and refrigerators upon request. Please see the front desk for any additonal amenities needs that we have to offer complimentary on your return.