“Expected more”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown
Ranked #110 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Disappointing stay for a Hilton property. Had to hunt for working outlets for our laptops. No outlet in the lamp on the desk but each of the nightstand lamps had 2 outlets that didn't work. Room was a little tight for a handicap accessible room. Beware of the extra fees and taxes. Charged me for internet use for each of my laptops until I pointed out I was a Hhonors member. The complimentary shuttle to and from the Hobby Center was great. The floor to ceiling windows affording a view of either the parks or downtown as they advertised gave us a commanding view of a parking garage across the street.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view, double check to find out what the view is showing.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toya B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We will be happy to address the outlets in your recent guest room if you email me at toya.berry@hilton.com. Glad you enjoyed the shuttle service to and from the Hobby Center. Our location is perfect for the proximity to the Hobby Center.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,215)

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Please continue to be the best hotel in Downtown Houston, Texas. The food and room service was excellent. The people at the front desk was very responsible, polite, coursey and respectful. My reservations were made in advance and I did not have to wait long to check in. My room was just wonderful. This was my second time coming to Houston, Texas and my first time staying in such a first class hotel. The hotel was so imprssive that I will always think of the Downtown Houston Hilton Hotel. If I had to rate this room I will give you a score of 100 or more. The location was perfect. .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are delighted to hear you rave about your experience, roomservice, your room accommodations and our team! Please keep us in mind when you return to Houston Downtown!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed here for 5 weeks at the height of summer. Great air conditioning! Never had to wait for an elevator even though there were only 3 for 19 floors- Sheraton could learn a thing or two from you guys. Always had hot water with excellent pressure. Decent TV channels. Always offered a hot cookie. I couldn't perceive any benefits of being a Hilton Honors Diamond level member -- the "free" breakfast perk for that consisted of the continental portion of the breakfast buffet (stale bread-type food). The good part of the buffet was outrageously expensive. Yes, parking is expensive, but it is convenient and safe so I found it worth the money. I love that they're a pet-friendly hotel and I cannot stress it enough: the air conditioning is superb! I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Apparently the corner rooms are spacious. All the others seem to be the same shape/size.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. As a Diamond Member, we love your feedback! It assist us to provide the level of service to keep our most loyal guest "loyal" to the Brand. Being pet-friendly is a plus for our property as not to many properties are. Houston heat with a great AC can be a plus as well! We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Bit of a shame. I used DoubleTree for work all the time in other cities and have always had good experiences. This time was mediocre. While the staff was excellent, the actual stay was a bit lacking. NO WARM COOKIES!! isn't that what the double tree is all about??? And my diamond status didn't really impart any benefits on this stay. Bit of a shame.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Doubletree Houston Downtown using HHonors points that we had acrued over past visits. The hotel had the standard Doubletree furnishings including the famous warm cookie at check-in. All of the staff that we encountered were expectionally pleasant and helpful. The rooms were nice; good pressure in the shower. The TV, unlike all other Hilton brand hotels to which I have stayed, did not have pay per view movies or some of the basic cable channels such as HGTV. The hotel has a gift store, restaurant, and bar. We ate one breakfast and one dinner at the restaurant. The food was average to slightly above average with typical hotel restaurant prices (15-20 per person). If travelling to downtown Houston, I would not hesitate to stay here again, and I would certainly recommend the hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KyleOnThePlane

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Glad to hear your room was to your satisfaction. I will have to follow up on the TV channels with our Director of Engineering and thank you for sharing this with us. Please share with your friends your experience and we hope to see you on your return visit to Houston.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I must start this off saying I am not a fan of the city of Houston, leaves me cold.

But this was a nice little find, staff really friendly, helpful, was upgraded to an amazing room that was nearly nothing but windows. Bed very comfy, WiFi dropped out all the time ( dont pay for it , if a hotel that charges for Wifi cant offer a service that keeps you logged in, i find no reason why anyone should need to pay for it' ) breakfast was enjoyable.

If I ever need to be in Houston again, I would stay here

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the WiFi connectivity. This is something we are deligently working with our internet providers with. Glad we mad you feel warm and fuzzy verses cold! Hope to see you again on your return to Downtown Houston

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was there on a business trip and this hotel was very nice and the staff was great. However the parking is very pricey!!!! Loved the handicapped accessible room. It's a very clean and neat hotel!!! Much better value then the Hyatt!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Toya B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Parking downtown is so limited and valet parking at our property is all we have as an option. However, there is an open parking lot across the street from us that is $10 dollars. Although, he doesn't allow in and out privileges it is another alternative. Thank you again and we hope you choose us on your return visit to Houston.